What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Split pea soup, (sweetened) corn bread, salad. I make fabulous split pea soup, if I say so myself.

Mmmm, im a sucker for good pea soup.

Spoiler
honk002exorcistthis.jpg

Im on my way, save me a extra piece of cornbread.

It always comes out just a little undercooked, even when I convect it, but I like the goo-i-ness of that (I couldn't figure out a way to spell that so it looked right).

It always comes out just a little undercooked, even when I convect it, but I like the goo-i-ness of that (I couldn't figure out a way to spell that so it looked right).

I always botch the cornbread. I put white cheddar and green onions in it. Its usually good, but it always falls apart.

I always botch the cornbread. I put white cheddar and green onions in it. Its usually good, but it always falls apart.

If it doesnt' fall apart, it's too dry. There just isn't that much gluten in corn meal.

If it doesnt' fall apart, it's too dry. There just isn't that much gluten in corn meal.

There is a fine line between dry and moist that you have to find. When I use a cast iron skillet, I get a decent crust and it usually stays moist in the middle.

We should make Harry a meatloaf sandwich with sweetened cornbread for the bread.

Steak-Ums with cheese, onions and mushrooms. And chips.

Yummy, delicious, spicy Chinese Food. I was SO hungry I couldn't wait for it to arrive, and it did and it was everything I had dreamed it would be and then some.

I ate a burrito and now I have heartburn. :disapointed:

Cocktail party food. You keep eating but never feel full--not a good thing. But some of it was fabulous.

Not for dinner, but we're baking bread. Or, we will be in a couple of hours. Right now, it's just getting ready to bake.

Well the bread is cooling down so we can cut it. Also made cookies. Munching on those right now!

Tonight we are grilling burgers. Hers with no cheese of course and mine a Juicy Lucy (two patties together stuffed with cheese. For a side we are having onion rings.

Just an update: homemade bread is delicious! We have half a loaf left.

Why dont we have any of your bread recipes in our recipe thread Smallie? GG made a cream cheese and chive loaf that was outstanding. My favorite so far might be the chipotle and smoked cheddar.

We haven't made anything special yet JB. Just basic white bread recipes and a couple box mixes. We'll start making tougher stuff soon!

Smallville,

I was scared to try new breads at first but I realized it is sooooo easy! My favorite bread we made so far was a ricotta cheese and chive bread. I always add a few more chives then they say because we both really love the flavor. I have a ton of the flavored bread recipes if you ever want some just PM me : ) All this talk about making bread I think I might make one tonight. I bought some dried red chilies, I think I might do something with that. Oh and cream cheese breads are great too!

Sure, GG, please send me some of your favorites! None with nuts!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back