What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 slice of turkey on a whole wheat mini bagel little bit of shredded cheese.... Tryin to get back to my "fightin' weight", haha

For Harry
i2dw5nf19n2ujdetnDpkPUoSo1_500.jpg

Hawaiian Meatloaf Sandwich

Meatloaf with macaroni salad, gravy, and pineapple on a bun.

Awesome!!:D

Tonight for supper I made chicken on the grille with Sweet Baby Ray's honey BBQ sauce. Soooooo good! :)

Sweet Baby Rays > All

1 slice of turkey on a whole wheat mini bagel little bit of shredded cheese.... Tryin to get back to my "fightin' weight", haha

OMG are you serious? WOW that is some serious dedication. I am hungry just listening to what you ate. Good for you for sticking with it, you are a stronger person than I am.

Beef burgundy. And I need to go pay attention to it.

Spaghetti.

A little over an inch thick new york strip steak. Just took it out of the broiler and waiting to chow down.

Tonight I had leftover grilled chicken from last night.

A little over an inch thick new york strip steak. Just took it out of the broiler and waiting to chow down.

Oh no you didn't?!?!?!?!?!

You really put a steak in the broiler? I thought that was just something people did on TV. (seriously, I thought that was just a made up thing. I was raised to believe that steaks get cooked over flame)

Tonight, I grilled some pork cutlets, and baked a spaghetti squash.

We use the broiler (at least it's a gas stove!) when I fail to remember to refill the propane tanks. That's right, TANKS! As in I had two empties!

Bfast: zilch
Lunch: Nats dog + budweiser at the stadium
Dinner: 2x whitecastle cheeseburgers (microwave) + diet mountain dew

McDonalds.

I'm so ashamed.

EDIT: and not just a little nauseous.

Last edited:
in-n-out

I was raised to believe that steaks get cooked over flame)

Well its still cooked with a flame, its just under it. I think the broiler can get hotter, which gives you the optimal crust that we all strive for. Plus, broilers usually have a adjustable rack.

As someone who spent quite a while in culinary classes as a youth, there is nothing wrong with broiling steaks, in fact for some dishes it's preferred to the grill.

Do others do this sort of thing with steak? In addition to whatever seasoning I want to put on it, I soak it in EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), then put it on the grill on the highest heat possible and really torch one side for a minute or two (the EVOO helps jump the flames), then flip it and grill at lower heat for 6 to 10 mins -- however long it takes to get the inside barely medium rare. My goal is to get a nice charbroiled coating, but retain the juicy tender inside. So if that is my goal, am I doing it right or is there a better method? I just have your basic Weber gas grill -- I don't have one of those extreme high heat bad boys or anything. (I realize this is all very non-culinary sounding, but I know nothing about cooking and am just your basic trial-by-error BBQ sort of person.) I love grilling steak, so any secrets are welcome!

EDIT: Should this move to the recipe thread? Up to you, mods.

I do the same thing with the olive oil WSE, but I finish the cooking indirectly. You got to have a crust.

The high heat is for the crust--sounds right to me.

For a totally yummy steak, semi-crush some peppercorns and press them into the steak. Hubby gets little pools of melted female when he makes steak that way.

You must feel guilty a lot then...hehe

You must feel guilty a lot then...hehe

Hit the nail on the head there. It doesn't help when I usually cook dinner for myself. I always toss away the opportunity to eat vegetables, and eat whatever tastes the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back