What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love tuna but I prefer my fish cooked all the way through. Could that be it?

No, because I offered to grill hers. SHe is just not a fan. She is coming around on a few things though...haha

That's probably why. I like my Ahi Tuna still very pink in the middle, but my wife wont eat it. So I make some (overcooked per her request) scallops for her. I do not like scallops one bit.

My wife and I eat home most of the time, and when we dont agree on a meal, we'll make variations of it. Sometimes I'll have a steak, and she'll have salmon. Me tuna, her scallops. Or I'll make two smaller pizzas instead of one large one. I like to cook, and think it's fun to cook several things at once...

I like to cook, and think it's fun to cook several things at once...

That skill will come in useful soon enough. There are nights I feel like a short order cook. At a minimum, I have to keep some meat sauceless.

So GG and I have decided to stay home and eat dinner during the week for a few months, and by we decided I mean she decided for us. And that is fine, because we both like to cook and can cook, but we also like very different things. So we developed a plan in that we each make a menu for 3 nights and we pitch them to each other. Then the other person can veto one of the meals. So that leaves 4 meals and we eat left overs for one night for a total of five.

It seems to be working well despite us having very different tastes. She used the veto on my seared Ahi Tuna though, which hurt a little, but I used it back at her on plain old spaghetti and meat sauce. Now tomorrow we will hit Morton's of Sarasota (great meat market and food store) and get all the stuff.

I have seen the way you two discuss food, if you need someone to referee, let me know.

To me tuna is only good seared or raw. It doesnt translate well when its cooked all the way through.
I dont know what were doing for dinner. I could go for a steak but well probably go to the local fish house.

Going to applewood smoke some pork steaks and a whole chicken. Then I'll grill some sweet Italian sausage.

On a snowy day, soup always rocks.

Wife is going to make (after me begging like a little kid) homemade chicken noodle soup! Love it!

On a snowy day, soup always rocks.

Wife is going to make (after me begging like a little kid) homemade chicken noodle soup! Love it!

OT: Another great avatar!

We're having chicken sandwiches and fries.

grilled talapia

pizza and wings

Beef Stew. It's been cooking in the crock pot and I've been smelling it all afternoon!

So GG and I have decided to stay home and eat dinner during the week for a few months, and by we decided I mean she decided for us. And that is fine, because we both like to cook and can cook, but we also like very different things. So we developed a plan in that we each make a menu for 3 nights and we pitch them to each other. Then the other person can veto one of the meals. So that leaves 4 meals and we eat left overs for one night for a total of five.

It seems to be working well despite us having very different tastes. She used the veto on my seared Ahi Tuna though, which hurt a little, but I used it back at her on plain old spaghetti and meat sauce. Now tomorrow we will hit Morton's of Sarasota (great meat market and food store) and get all the stuff.

I just don't understand this at all.

No, because I offered to grill hers. SHe is just not a fan. She is coming around on a few things though...haha

That's probably why. I like my Ahi Tuna still very pink in the middle, but my wife wont eat it. So I make some (overcooked per her request) scallops for her. I do not like scallops one bit.

My wife and I eat home most of the time, and when we dont agree on a meal, we'll make variations of it. Sometimes I'll have a steak, and she'll have salmon. Me tuna, her scallops. Or I'll make two smaller pizzas instead of one large one. I like to cook, and think it's fun to cook several things at once...

I have seen the way you two discuss food, if you need someone to referee, let me know.

I did not eat a lot of fish growing up so I have been trying to eat it in baby steps, it's just not my favorite. Plus I am a huge texture person and I really dislike the texture of seared tuna, even cooked it still just doesn't really do it for me.

I love that we are staying home and cooking more. Since we work from home sometimes it's nice to get out of the house just to get a break from home/work but it's so much better to eat at home. Better for the wallet, better for the waistline, and more satisfying when you cook a great meal, at least IMO.

We got a lot of great stuff to make for this week and I even added a fish dish. It's nothing crazy, shrimp scampi, but I did it because I know how much he loves fish.

It's funny one of the only fish I really do like cooked is Salmon and it's the only fish he doesn't like haha....our food tastes are so different.

Liz and I are hugh fresh fish fan's, but that comes with all the fishing I do. An average summer I'll have 40 to 50 bags of filets in the freezer, so we try to cook out several days a week, even during the winter.

popeyes chicken
red beans and rice
cole slaw
corn on the cob
bisquits

Yay--we got to eat dinner at home, instead of out of some caterer's buffet!

BBQ chicken, homemade coleslaw, baked sweet potatoes.

Artichokes!! YES, they are back in season :)

Grilled chicken, potato and macaroni salads, and steamed broccoli.

Had my MIL's eggplant parm. Maybe the best on the planet. Unfortunately, my wife didn't inherit the eggplant parm gene.....:confused2:

Big juicy bacon wrapped filet's fresh off the grill. Baked potatoes, deviled eggs and French toast, umm good! It was so nice out I had to splurge.

P1020223.jpg

P1020229.jpg

That looks really good due! I think I am going to go the same route this evening but with the lower class version, burgers on the grill. To make them filet like I think I’ll top them off with a little bacon! :D Add in some green beans, fruit and a salad and call it a meal.

We're having chicken sandwiches and fries again. Quick and easy.

Im making Salmon with a sweet chili sauce, soba noodles and broccoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back