What would you shoot at Augusta?

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
myself

Tournament setup???

Who here amongst us thinks they can break 100?

Eleventy four

I dont think I would make less than a 10 on any of the holes.

So, 180ish.

Waiting for those that say they could shoot in the 80s....
Accept Season 4 GIF by Billions

I mean, maybe lol

Distance wouldn’t be an issue on most of the holes. The green speeds however, eeeesh
No you arent.

Likely not, but I’m gonna fight for every shot and then never shut up about it if I did
I'll caddy for you. I can only imagine the emotional fireworks out of you on that course.

I don't understand what's so shocking or even noteworthy about them saying a 15 wouldn't break 100....I would imagine in tournament conditions the Masters plays close to a 78-79 rating. And players don't play to their index even half the time typically

So an amazing round for a 15 index there playing for the first time would be like 95. You'd certainly not bet on them to break 100

I would think i did pretty darn well if i shot 82-83 from the tips

not me...I would prob be 155 or so. If I had the wind like they did at the masters, I'd better go up to 190 or so. I like taking enough shots to play the course twice to get my moneys worth and build character. Actually just write 8s down for me.

Edit: number were to low.

I’m willing to go play Augusta and see how difficult it would be. For you guys. It’s not about me. I’m just willing to take one for the team here.

And if you also need me to fly privately on a Gulfstream to further add to the authenticity of the experience I suppose I could oblige. Again for you guys. I’ll pinch my nose and do it.

And if, in your eyes, I should take on a surrogate tour wife for the trip (also for authenticity), I’ll do my best to play along. It will be a difficult conversation with my current wife, but I’m sure she’ll understand (she’s a big forum supporter after all).

Anyways you guys just make all the arrangements and cover all the costs and I’ll show up and gut my way through the trip without complaint (great guy syndrome). You’re all welcome.

I’m willing to go play Augusta and see how difficult it would be. For you guys. It’s not about me. I’m just willing to take one for the team here.

And if you also need me to fly privately on a Gulfstream to further add to the authenticity of the experience I suppose I could oblige. Again for you guys. I’ll pinch my nose and do it.

And if, in your eyes, I should take on a surrogate tour wife for the trip (also for authenticity), I’ll do my best to play along. It will be a difficult conversation with my current wife, but I’m sure she’ll understand (she’s a big forum supporter after all).

Anyways you guys just make all the arrangements and cover all the costs and I’ll show up and gut my way through the trip without complaint (great guy syndrome). You’re all welcome.
Wow that is mighty nice of you! :)

I don't think I could break 120 from where the Pro's play But I would be willing to give it a go with you!

I mean I shot 99 at a local goat track last year. I'm pretty sure I would not be breaking 200

From the ANGC member tees (6365 yards) ,the rating and slope is estimated to be 71/130. Our back tees have the same rating and slope and is only 6000 yards. So I don't think a 15HI would shoot an outrageously high score.

From the pro tees I would probably be somewhere in the 97-105 range I think.

Around scratch. Pretty sure I would shoot near 100 with the conditions they had Saturday of this year.

With "normal" playing conditions and not a tourney setting, I have read many stories of scratch golfers getting around in the mid 70s.

Waiting for those that say they could shoot in the 80s....

I'm a +2 and can drive it 270-280, i would bet on myself to break 90 there for sure. Again if you assume it's a 78-79 rating from the tips, this is not that crazy. It's just a golf course at the end of the day there's no snipers or lions.

I shot 74 my first time playing Baltusrol Lower from ~7000yds

I'm a +2 and can drive it 270-280, i would bet on myself to break 90 there for sure. Again if you assume it's a 78-79 rating from the tips, this is not that crazy. It's just a golf course at the end of the day there's no snipers or lions.

I shot 74 my first time playing Baltusrol Lower from ~7000yds
You sir, are an outlier! Obviously at a +2, your game is more refined than you average hacker!

You sir, are an outlier! Obviously at a +2, your game is more refined than you average hacker!

Thanks!

I think at the end of the day my main point is to consider the rating , and just go from there in a rational sense. People <5-6 could probably reasonably expect to break 90, maybe they wouldn't. But they could aspire to it.

I have friends who've played Augusta (from the members tees) and they've all talked about how awesome the course is, but they made some putts , missed some putts.....it's golf...harder golf...but golf lol

Back