what part of your game are you working on?

Been working hard on the short game. I'm shooting to break 90 this year so its imperative that I learn how to chip much better. I'm loving the 8i bump and run, but using a wedge for a short chip kills my score.

Lately Ive been working really hard on weight transfer. Im working on starting my downswing with my lower body first, pushing off with my right foot and really getting my weight onto my left leg through impact. I have a habit of starting my downswing with my arms and not clearing my hips, which causes me to block my shots to the right.

If you find that that's not working, instead of "pushing off with your right foot" make your mindset "weight on your left pinky toe". I found getting my right-side too much into my swing, i'd come too far from the inside & block drives. Just my experience with this.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Im working on keeping my knee flex throughout my swing. I have a tenancy to "rise up" off the ball which makes my right hip turn up at the transition. My timing had to be dead on that day or every shot was thin.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

I hear ya BBB. I have no problem hitting my 3w but when I have to pull the sand wedge I get nervous. If it is around 50yds and over something like a Bunker I get flustered. If I luckily have no obstacles then the bump and run it is but not to many courses are designed without bunkers near the front.

I don't actually have that problem, I'm pretty confident from less than a hundred in with a wedge in my hand. I've spent countless hours hitting various shots from the worst possible places around a practice green. Oh I still occasionally chunk or thin one when I get a little to handsy with it, but mostly I can get pretty close from about 90 yds and in. I find that hitting fifty shots over a bunker to the green, from behind the green, or off the green on the short side, is worth at least 50 buckets of balls on the range hitting full shots for me.

Nothing wrong with a little lesson tune up, sometimes it just takes a different set of eyes. You'll whoop it in time though Russ, this is just always the most frustrating time of the game, when you're struggling with a phase and just can't help it.

thanks jman
i scheduled a lesson next week but my quick fix today was swapping drivers lol... it worked as far as finding fw's but distance is still wayyy shorter than normal with most drives being south of 200yrds and the longest being 226
it was like a duck hook without the hook... more like a diving draw hahaha eeek

Distance and consistency on my pitch shots. I do this in my back yard a lot and it's helping. Today I got my GPS out and marked the distance of a particular shot and tried to perfect a 20 yard pitch. My goal is to figure out the 20-50 yard shots for now. This video is pretty good for keeping it simple.

I know you will get it down KB, no one I know works harder on their game and I think it shows. Lynne and I passed by Jonesco last night at about 6:30 and I saw your car there. I told her "KellyBo is out working on her game." Keep up the good work.

Driving consistently. Consistent ball striking.

My chipping, bunker play and putting needs some work, so that's on my to-do-list this week.

100 yards in......

Now that my driver is good I need to work on distance control with my irons. I was doing better with it in FL but I need to keep getting better at it.

working on trying to eliminate the pull shot. It sucks off the tee and sucks just as bad when you do it with a wedge/short iron.

Always trying to get better (longer) off the tee. Even though I know there's better things to work on.

Pitch shots. They used to be my wheelhouse until I swapped to the country club. The greens are just so hard to hit, and numerous bunkers don't help. Add in firm and hard to read slopes, and my current pitching technique doesn't cut it at all.

I am working on consistency, doubt I will ever pull it off :p

I am working on consistency, doubt I will ever pull it off :p

I'm consistent. It's just the wrong kind of consistent.

Chipping and irons. Specifically ball striking

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Still working on the mental blocks that are keeping me from excelling at the short game (30yds and in). Making progress though.

Fixed my driver today for the most part. One of my biggest problems I've had with my swing, was with the longer swings, I found myself picking my front heel up. So I actually just wrote on my left shoe, keep your foot down.

50 yards and in.. Biggest struggle currently for sure

Working on my driver as the big slices are killing me right now, I am also working my 4 iron as I am hitting it every which way but cleanly. My short game has been on the money except for my flat stick somedays.

I did move the weights around in my R9 and messed with my swing and got it straightened it out. Now only if I can get it to work on the course. I still need to figure out why my 4i disappeared:banghead:

Trying to learn how to hit "down" on the ball and not be a scooper. Recently bought a Tour Striker Pro 7i to help me learn how....

Putting! I putt 18-20 times per 9. Man I need all the help I can get.

My 50 yard and in shots. I need to get it closer to the pin.

Back