What is your “go to” club?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
You know what I mean, that safe club, the one you go to when you know you HAVE to hit a shot, your happy club.

What is yours?

I’m super confident punch out and sawing off my 4i. Full shots with it are a different story

Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

Off the tee it is the driver now. Love hitting it.

Not on the tee my 7i is pretty good.

Long club: 5w or 4i.

Short club: 8i or AW.

*8i if I have to pick between those four.

Half swing PW - 100-yard club.

My ZX5 GW is my favorite club and works great for 105-115 yard shots

T200 2DI. Love it

Edit: Forgot about the comment from one of the randoms in today's round. I had used it on approaches in the fairway on Par 5's as well and had a short Par4 which I used this to tee off. He was walking as well while his other two buddies rode. He made a comment while we were going down the fairway about how I sure liked to hit that club and asked what it was. I kinda smiled a little.

Last edited:
75 yard GW or a 175 yard 7 wood.

Putter. Last year in our member guest I had a must make birdie putt on the last hole of our last match. It was about an 18 ft putt with a right to left break. The opponent was sitting about 8 ft away with a par putt getting a pop and we were tied with them. I drained the put center cup and he then missed so that we won the match and our flight. That was an awesome feeling!

If we are talking full swing clubs then I would say the PW would be what I want in my hand for a full shot that I have to hit.

I've always had a real love for my 8 iron

Gap wedge

Give me something between 90-110. It could be 58 or 54 depending on wind

52* from that 100 to 105 range is deadly usually. Also my heavenwood is usually spot on.

1712268887166.gif

I know I know.

Oddly, I have a few. 7 iron, 4 Fly Hi, and the Apex UW. All do what expect - most of the time. I can and do them for a variety of things.

Driver. Just so comfortable and confident with the AJ.

Right now probably 7W, 225 yard moonball.

I had to think about this one for a bit. I don't know that I have a favorite "go to" club, at least in general. The only thing that comes to mind is a wedge. If I can look at a green with a wedge in hand, I'm feeling good.

Reactions: J4U
5 wood or 9 iron

Back