What is the hardest shot in golf?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This is broad, so you can take it a billion different ways.

What, to you, is the hardest shot in golf?

Short sided bunker

• Staff
For me, freaking fairway bunkers or ball below my feet.

LOATHE.

• Staff
Out off the rough with a mid to long iron and a downhill lie. I may as well just kick the ball, the results will be pretty much the same.

Tee shot with an audience.

Being in dormant grass that is now hard and having to go high to get over a bunker and keep it on a green.

Forced carry off the tee.

I have two currently:
- Ball above my feet
- Fairway bunker

Terrible at both

Over a body of water, 125 - 150 yards, from fairway or tee. This is why 17 at Sawgrass is so hard even for elite pros from a tee.

Ball above my feet. I should just drop one OB left, to save time.

Ball below my feet in a bunker.

Fried egg

A high draw

Many good ones already.

Water after the tee box, people watching the tee shot, Uphill, down hill lie. Bunkers but i became good at those from practice of my first round being in them so much.

For me its everything - ya just everything, I have to not think about what Im doing to do it kinda well.

A long fairway bunker shot with a decent lip on the front.

25-35 yard bunker shot over another bunker. Might as well pick up the ball, toss it in the second bunker, and save some time 🤬

The long bunker shot. The one that is like a 30 yarder. Either catch it too clean and nuke it over. Or get too much sand and have a really long putt or another chip.

This is broad, so you can take it a billion different ways.

What, to you, is the hardest shot in golf?
The downslope in front of pond on 15 at our course. Saw you pull it off still have no idea how you did it. That and down slope in a bunker.

The downslope in front of pond on 15 at our course. Saw you pull it off still have no idea how you did it. That and down slope in a bunker.
Hahaha, I love both of those shots 🤣

This one?

Back