What Is The Bigger Golf Red Flag?

Red flag for what?

Both are 🚩🚩🚩

...that they're awesome people

Red flag in terms of me blindly putting money on the match before the first ball is struck? The staff bag with their name on it. I've seen plenty of guys playing blades who had no business doing so.

Hard to tell...which one has jeans on?
I used to work with a caddie who would wear jeans and a raggity shirt to the course and then hustle guys into straight up money games…he was a +3

Neither, for me. I care more how they act and if they keep pace.

If the staff bag person looks like they have a tx ventus tr black shoved up their backside then it would be a potential point of concern. Unless they are out there being a giant “Richard” let people enjoy what they want to enjoy.

I'm an old Detroit publinks hustler. I don't look at the bag or the types of clubs therein.. All that matters is where the wear marks are on whatever clubs are in there.

Bag with the name

Neither are a red flag. My buddy is a higher handicapper, plays blades including a 2 iron and hits them sweet. If I see someone with their name on their bag, my first thought is twat.
Your buddy is a higher handicapper, but plays blades and hits them sweet? Sounds more like a low handicapper to me ;)

On the original question, neither are "red flags" because I am generally not looking to be suspicious of anyone.

The name on bag guy is some type of pro/mini-tour player, college golfer, etc. The blades guy is probably a very good golfer, or possibly overestimating his ball striking and/or stubborn about equipment changes.

You get paired up with two random golfers. One has a bag full of blades. The other has a legit pro tour staff bag with his/her name on it. What is the bigger red flag?
I'll let you know after the first hole.

In my hay day I played with 12 irons, a putter, and a driver. I got a lot stares when I showed up on the first tee. Played this bag for a few years.

I still could, I have the clubs. My Ironwoods are 2-lw. However, now that Im a short knocker, my scoring would be about 10 strokes higher.

Now that I think about it, I will put this bag together, and play next week. Should be fun. Maybe sub my 3W for my driver.

You get paired up with two random golfers. One has a bag full of blades. The other has a legit pro tour staff bag with his/her name on it. What is the bigger red flag?
How old are the blades and how new are the grips?

Poser staff bag dude.

Neither, it's more how they act than what they are playing or carrying.

Your buddy is a higher handicapper, but plays blades and hits them sweet? Sounds more like a low handicapper to me ;)
And so he would be if the game didn’t involve driving, chipping and putting. I wouldn’t class myself as a low handicapper, but I got down to 9, currently sitting at 10 and I can’t hit an iron for s***. That’s why I roll my eyes when I see things like what’s the best club for a low / high handicapper etc.

Nag full of blades. I've seen 18 caps flaunting them.

Gotta be staff bag.....typically guys who play blades are good dudes.

similar to what others have implied. Why is any of it a red flag? I never paid attention to others clubs or bag. Who gives a ****? The red flag would be why is the question even being asked?

I remember playing a casual round with a few guys from work... One had a rattly old permission 3 wood which sounded horrible on the practice range. So off we wondered to the first tee as our four ball - and the hole was a dogleg right and he was off last. So after 3 very average tee shots - he says - I've never played this course - is it a gentle fade around the trees at 180 yards? Yep - and so he proceeds to hit this glorious (but rattly) tee shot nicely bending around the trees into the middle of the fairway.

The other two guys were just stunned... Good thing I knew he used to be Bernard Langer's caddy :)

On a non-golfing story - when I was playing a lot of badminton one of our team had a Great Britain Olympic Tracksuit (and a real one...). When we were playing people he didn't know he would turn up in it and I was worth the first 1/2 dozen points until they realised it was for Yachting and not Badminton...

So I would be more wary of the blades.... especially if the name on the bag was written with a Sharpie.

A

Hi, my name is Browndog and I identify as a blade user and name on bag golfer. 😂

Real name on the bag- beware of wagering.
Nickname on the bag- hope you don't have any plans for the next 6 hours.

I don’t have a red flag for either of them based on that. I’ve seen THPers with both and they’ve been awesome.

I
i know a guy with a staff bag, beat up blades and will play barefoot and putt with a 60* miura wedge, DO NOT play him for money, it’s all an act lol.

Back