What Is The Bigger Golf Red Flag?

Depends...if the blades are browned out, I'm thinking things differently.

Neither are red flags. I wouldn’t think anything of it if I happened to see it. I don’t care about what gear people have and play. I just like to golf and meet people.

I guess I wait to see how everyone plays and acts before considering a red flag. There are lots of good reasons for owning a staff bag with one's name, anything from they are a pro to they won the bag as a door prize. I don't tend to look at another player's clubs so I wouldn't even notice someone had blades.

You get paired up with two random golfers. One has a bag full of blades. The other has a legit pro tour staff bag with his/her name on it. What is the bigger red flag?
I have 5 legit pro tour staff bags with my name on it...

Both scream "poseur", but aren't we all a bit of a poseur in some ways when it comes to golf? I mean, if you act like a tour pro at all when you play, but you're not a tour pro, you're kind of a poseur.

You get paired up with two random golfers. One has a bag full of blades. The other has a legit pro tour staff bag with his/her name on it. What is the bigger red flag?
I suspect you wrote this expecting light hearted banter. Even the "roommate switch" is easier to pull off.

Staff bag. I know there are folks out there who can hit blades. It’s just not me 😂

Gotta be the staff bag with the name...odds that they should have that are slim and none.
Nah, the guy with the staff bag is probably a PGA of America teaching/club professional. He/she can definitely play, but probably won’t beat you to death with their game. In fact, they’re probably more interested in helping you along the way.

Nah, the guy with the staff bag is probably a PGA of America teaching/club professional. He/she can definitely play, but probably won’t beat you to death with their game. In fact, they’re probably more interested in helping you along the way.
As a former PGA pro myself we didn’t always have the best games :ROFLMAO: But I agree with you!

Probably blades.

i don't think either of those a red flags for me but i would wonder...red flags for me? basketball jersey and a vape cloud.

This is perfectly acceptable. Staff bags with name plates like the pros have is a totally different scenario. I repeat, these bags are absolutely fine, awesome actually.

To me the staff bag is the larger red flag, but I would reserve final judgement until I have witnessed both of them play a few holes.

If I see somebody with blades in their bag that look like this, I'm keeping my wallet firmly in my pocket.

blade.jpg

I think staff bags are pretty cool. Id love have a bag with my name on it, cause I enjoy playing and I like nice things. I'm putting a Velcro patch on my bag so I can put my Marine name patch from my flight suit on my bag just cause I like personalizing my stuff. If some one judges you by your clubs or the bag you use, they probably suck to hang out with. Just my 2 cents.

Back