What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Worked on drills and hit balls in the garage sim again

Watched some Team Titleist Instruction videos. Sometimes I become too lost in my swing, and the videos are simple and quick. When I practice Thursday, i'll have better swing thoughts and a more purposeful session.

Had a half day off so I went to have an on course lesson. Got there early to hit balls for an hour. Then we went on course for 9 holes. After that played the 9 again to work on what I was having an issue with. It was windy cold and so much fun!

A THP Live with Koske from Edel.
Announced that monster contest that will kick off next week.
Hit some equipment in the tech studio

Walked over to the golf course and did ~45 minutes of putting practice.

Started into phase 2 of swing change overhaul, micromotions for the takeaway. Will be very interested to see how this all ends up translating on course but I feel great after modifying the set up.

Rolled a few putts last night at home with the new CSX-LS TT.

Used my Grooveit brush for the first time and cleaned my clubs. Very impressed with the brush so far and think it will be a great addition to my bag this season! While cleaning, I also inspected the faces of my wedges - I think they'll be good enough for one more season.
I have had one of these for a bit and absolutely love it. It's a little on the pricey side, but it's worth it.

Walked 18

I have had one of these for a bit and absolutely love it. It's a little on the pricey side, but it's worth it.
Yeah, it was a little more than my last brush but this one I can clip to my bag and I really like the refillable water container! Curious to see how I feel about it when on the course. Only 1.5 months to go until golfing season!

True Motion off-season training. Recovered golf balls from the woods. THP'd.

Played 18, THP'd.

Went to the range yesterday and hit a bucket of chip shots, nothing over 50 yards. Testing my sprained ribs, not 100 percent yet.
As someone who now has lifelong rib troubles, I'm with ya on 50 yards as kind of the go, no-go for seeing how ready they are for things. I've spent a lot of time just chipping from inside that zone and putting, while everyone else plays their round. Hope you heal up soon, and well. (y)

I THP'd, watched the ESPN Masters thing, rolled some puts, called and emailed about orders, cleaned 'em up, and got a bag ready for tomorrow.

Yeah, it was a little more than my last brush but this one I can clip to my bag and I really like the refillable water container! Curious to see how I feel about it when on the course. Only 1.5 months to go until golfing season!
This will be the second season with mine and love it. It has really come in handy playing in wet conditions.

Hit mp-20 mmc and apex pro 7i’s with a select shafts that I think are available. I am trying to sort out possible alternative options. All were actually fine, but I did prefer some ove others. Best outcomes were with the PX 6.0 and PX LZ 6.5. They gave me a better flight than higher launch Modus120X, although the Modus is easier on the joints. I also hit the catalyst 100 6.0 and mmt 95 S. Both were easy to hit and body friendly.
E94E1D70-BB1F-40E1-A1D7-FF5A52BA2CD5.jpeg

Had my golf fitting. We focused on only the irons and hybrids.

Ended up getting fit into 22 degree and 24 degree 4h and 5h Sim Max 2 with-Fujikura-Ventus-Blue-Hybrid-6-R.

Irons 6 - GW P790 with True Temper Gold 105 R300. +1/2 and 2 upright. We waffled between this shaft, the s300 and there was another one that wasn't quite as good for me that was also a stiff. The dispersion on this R300 was so tight compared to the stiffer shafts and that by going 105 I was getting the advantage he thought I would get from the stiffer flex that were a little lighter.

We narrowed it down pretty quickly. It was my coach so he thought this is what I would end up in club wise based on seeing me for over a year. He thought the shaft would be stiffer but felt that the swing speeds I was showing that if I continue to gain speed I can go to the S300 and the club will still work.

Not going to lie, I thought I was going to fit into something totally different. I hit the APEX, APEX DCB, Ping g425 and 2 other that instantly were taken off the table and I am not sure what they were but he knew, as did I, there was no improvement on them at all. I honestly thought I would end up in the APEX DCB or the Mizuno HMP. I think the clubs that we instantly vetoed quickly were the Mizuno HMP. Not sure. I think the other one was the SIM2. Again not sure. None of the clubs were improvements over my current irons except the P790 which had a way tighter dispersion at 4.3 yards and about 8 yards farther. Pings were about 6 yards farther but dispersion was not as good as my current X2 Hots at 15 yards. X2 Hots had dispersion of dispersion of 11.3 yards.

My coach was surprised by the hybrid results. He thought it would be the new ping or the SIM 2. I hit the Sim2 terrible. Didn't launch at all. I actually hit the SIM2 driving iron way better. We then went to the ping and I didn't hit it near as well as the SIM Max2. I didn't like it looks wise either although I did hit it well. That was the only think I hit that looks wise threw me off. I also was tired at that point so that could have been it too. The SIM DHY was chunky from behind. Super chunky. But I launched it well. It just wasn't quite as good as the Sim Max 2.

He had never commented on my bag other than I am playing well for stuff that I am not fit into. We got done after about an hour 15 and he asked if I wanted to hit driver or if I was tired because my TS3 with an extra stiff shaft was what he played last year and he knew my swing speed and game it wasn't right. We started with the Ping 410 I think. It still had the turbulators so I don't think it was 425. I hit it well and then the SIM2 I also hit it ok. But I was clearly tired and it was pointless going on and trying to fit that. We were going to try the TSI2 and the Epic Speed Max but I was done. We are going to test some of the older demos he has so that I can trade in for an older club.

He left my 3 wood and HW Epic Flash alone because he thought they fit my game fine and he had played a couple rounds and seen me hit them and that I was confident pulling them. Although apparently I am playing an A flex my 3 wood and not a regular. He also thought wedges were fine. Only comment was I should take a half inch off of wedges to match my irons. The only issues I have with my wedges is tight lies chunking chips. He didn't think that was the wedges themselves and I just need practice. I agree. Probably will revisit after 2021 when at that point I will need to replace just from use.

All in all a great experience.

I was pleased with results. I loved how the P790s looked. Just amazing. Easily the best looking I hit. They honestly have been one of my favorite irons I have perused in all of my countless golf shop browsing over the last year. Like all of us I walk by and set down the iron to see what it looks like. I just never thought they would work for my game. I think the only club I have put down and didn't terrify me because of them being a blade and looking unhittable is the Srixon x7. So to have that be the result is pleasing. Everything I hit looked good except the SIM DHY.

Got fit for my new SIM2 driver. Excited to see how my driving game changes.

Snuck out for an hour of solid chipping practice.

I THP'd, played the golf, cleaned the clubs, and packed the bag.

Went through my bag, getting it ready for the 29th when we can finally play again. God have I missed being out on the course

Surfed through THP several times.
Confirmed tee time for tomorrow AM.
Though about changing my putter grip......
Worked so I can afford my golf habit!

Back