What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played a fun 18 with @xThor !

Another early am practice.

Practice was all about club head aim, and body alignment. A&A is probably the 2nd weakest part of my golf swing. #1 being distance challenged.

Todays practice was basically my preshot routine.

1. Standing behind the ball to get my aim line to my ball landing area. Also, to find an intermediate target on that line 2'-3' feet in front of the ball.

2. Walk up to the side of the ball, while looking at my landing area, with the club in my left hand.

3. While turning the ball, I step in with my right foot, while placing the club face square to my intermediate target. I will also ground the club in front of the ball.

4. I step in with my left foot to finish off my stance, and adjusting to the ball position. I also place my right hand on club to finish off my grip, being careful not to move the club face out of square with my intermediate target. I don't ground the club head in back of the ball.

5. One last look to make sure my feet, waist, and shoulders are lined up, and properly aligned with my club face, a quick look at my hands on the club, a quick pause, and I start my one piece take away. Everything after the start of my back swing is on auto pilot.

This particular practice routine is my least favorite. Practice wise, its time consuming. Its like being in slow motion. In actual play, its only a few seconds. That said, its a routine I go through 2-3 times a month.

4 some Scramble for my daughter‘s school today at Debary CC in Debary FL. We shot -15 and got 2nd place. Was me and my son and a buddy and his son who plays on ERAU golf team. He was our ringer. Everyone contributed in a great way. Our ringer gave us an eagle on our last par 5 by slamming a 75yrd approach shot straight into the cup. Even I chipped in on the other par 5. Great day for a great cause.

Played in the first round of my first ever tournament at my local club. Matchplay and I won by 5 holes. Shot 87 for net 70. with 28 putts.

A round of golf.

Made it a double header day. After this morning practice, this afternoon I got a wild hair, and went through all my accumulated golf stuff.

After sorting it all out, I had 8 golf bags, some lose metal woods, and irons and 7 complete sets of irons. All good, clean, playable stuff.

Looking at all of it, I got another wild hair, and took all of it to the local St. Judes Ranch for Youngsters. The guy that received it was quite happy, since they don't have much golf equipment in their sports area for sale.

We got lucky since they don't normally take donations on weekends. Just happened catch one of their employees.

played in a two person best ball event with the wife and a couple of the boys.

Currently obliterating any semblance of a handicap each round, but it's nice to be playing well.

Well, rained yesterday, raining even more this morning. Took the golf net down. I mean it might withstand the rain. However, just not sure of the way it rains here, then turns warm, to hot, to blazing hot, rinse, repeat. Trying to keep it in one piece and not dry rot.

Collected my lob wedge from the pro shop having had the standard grip replaced for a midsize. Short of breakages that's me done for the season - everything procured, installed and repaired. Everything I post on this thread *should* now be about practicing or playing.

Cleaned the clubs, did some more swing work sans golf ball, then came in and rolled some putts.

Prepped the bag for three days of golf. Tomorrow a round before working through the night, then a round after that. Then crash spectacularly for the rest of the evening. A round on Wednesday as well.

Did some putting while the kiddo slept! Getting geared up for a fun golf week

Got data on a driver shaft review, as well as the mini driver, and some wedges.

Played stableford comp,
29 points off 15 hcp .
I thought , was fairly good , considering frequency of play , new driver and dealing with dew on ground….
early Autumn weather .

Did a load of weed eating today around the patio and driveway. Crap was tall, think jungle. I thought well while at it, head down to the backyard towards the net and weed eat a huge area for practicing once the rain is surely gone and put the net back up.

Range session 150 balls. First time running my recently acquired Garmin R10 alongside Awesome Golf on an iPad to get additional club and club path data (albeit limited in accuracy) alongside the range provided TopTracer data I get for ball related data. I'll have more time to look at that tomorrow now.

Small mistake - thought the range closed at 9:30pm and not 9pm - only found out at 8:30pm (weekdays vs weekends) - so I hit my last 50 balls at a pace.....

Irons - really nice so much so that I even allowed myself to try shaping some of them ! which was fun and definitely something I'll be taking a look at again.
Wedges - really on point very consistent
7W - not too bad - dispersion a little larger than I'd like but distance wise pretty consistent at about the 225-230yd mark
3W - an off day with it today - not great distance struggled to best my 7W - down about 30 yards and not sure why - again the data might help me.

and then driver - started off with my typical pull fade back close to target, lost a few out to the right and then I guess a bit of an epiphany as I tried to work through my swing and kept a little more contact with my body on the backswing - definite improvement on both swing path and club face to target and the early signs might be that I'm finding a consistently straighter shot. I could have done with the extra 30 mins to slow down and look at the shots a little more but I'm remembering the feel and next session will try to build on it.

....possibly my best practice session of the year.

Garage sim today

First 9 of the year. Way later than i'd like but enjoyed it with my son as the last group out.

Attachments

• IMG_20240505_202752.jpg
    IMG_20240505_202752.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240505_202740.jpg
    IMG_20240505_202740.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
Spent 40 minutes chipping before work...intended to walk 18 on a Par 3 course, but they were closed for green maintenance

Just got the email saying that my Wilson 7 Wood will be arriving today. It took the scenic route. It was in Roanoke, VA at the end of April. That is an hour and fifteen minutes from me. Delivery date got changed because of "sortation". It traveled to Texas and back to Roanoke, and now on truck for delivery to my residence. Hopefully...

Large bucket at the range working on my full swing. It's getting there

Back