What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Trying to catch up on my THP. Also booked full rounds for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Trying to build up game stamina.

Lazy day. THP’d, watched the Memorial and Mizuho Open, washed my golf towels. Back to golf tomorrow.

Putting practice for a couple hours and then started scouting the upcoming GolfWeek tour course.

Range afternoon. Full swing, chipping and pitches.

Played a sloppy 9 holes. Putter worked, nothing else did.

Headed to the range this morning and proceeded to sweat out some frustrations. Did I get anywhere with fixing contact? Nope.

Rolled a couple putts, hit a dozen shots out of the sand, and was just beat. Didnt feel like waiting half an hour to get a chipping area to myself.

Hot Weather finally broke tonight after a rain, so hit some balls in the yard, trying to work on trapping the ball and keeping my hands forward.

Reached out to schedule lessons... no response from instructor.

Headed to the range this morning and proceeded to sweat out some frustrations. Did I get anywhere with fixing contact? Nope.

Rolled a couple putts, hit a dozen shots out of the sand, and was just beat. Didnt feel like waiting half an hour to get a chipping area to myself.

Hot Weather finally broke tonight after a rain, so hit some balls in the yard, trying to work on trapping the ball and keeping my hands forward.

Reached out to schedule lessons... no response from instructor.
Hang in there, you’ll work through it! 👊

Melted fishing weights into the “cups” on my SC weights, changing them from 10’s to 22’s then gave the whole works a try after adding an 85g grip yesterday. I think I’m sold on a heavier putter now. Really felt good.

I spent some time cleaning my clubs, and putting things back in order. This after yesterdays 18 hole round.

After that, I thumbed through Jack Nicklaus's book on golf. The one KJ Choi said he used to learn how to play the game.

We hit the road again in the morning, (East I-84) and wanted everything to be ready just in case I run into another golf course.

Played in a horserace at my home course tonight. Every time I do it I remember how much fun they are. We all want to win but just getting a group of guys out there all getting along is what it's all about.

Converted bday ( June 2) voucher from daughter , to dozen ERC white balls , I usually keep no more than
4 doz balls new and same amount for practice …. Prefer fresher stock.

Ready to return to natural environs 😌

Lucky to be playing Westchester Country Club today!!! I remember coning here as a kid watching the Buick Classic!!!

IMG_3723.jpegIMG_3718.jpeg

Walked 18 on a beautiful morning.

Regripped my wedges today .......

Lamkin_UTx_Green.jpg

Went for some putting practice at lunch and ran into @MagicSpell as he was about to tee off. I told him I expected a bomb. He ripped one down to the left side under pressure lol! Hope you had a good round!

Went for some putting practice at lunch and ran into @MagicSpell as he was about to tee off. I told him I expected a bomb. He ripped one down to the left side under pressure lol! Hope you had a good round!

Thanks @Doubleb21 ! I started off well, but the putter wasn't working on today's slow greens. 35 total putts :mad:. Four 3-putt bogeys on the day. So frustrating to get derailed. To top things off the first nine greens were slow, but rolled true. Then got to the other nine and they had sanded them (the first nine weren't)! Speed totally different and bumpy... Ugh

Spent time helping my kids practice their swings

Dropped off my irons for regripping at Club Champion, will pick them back up next weekend after vacation, along with new woods and a hybrid.

Took my Jaws Raw 50 in to fit the new Modus 130 shaft, standard length, 1* strong, 2* up. Hoping it gaps better…

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pulled a few adapters off a few graphite shafts and packaged up some clubs.

Yesterday I played 18 holes with my Grandsons in Gunnison CO. Dos Rios Golf Course I think they call it.

Front 9 started out fine for 3 holes then went down hill from there.

On the 4th-6th holes, I tried using my driver. Big mistake. Didn't have that driver swing. Shot a 50. I put a few balls in the Gunnison River.

On the back 9, after lunch, leaving my driver in the bag, I saved my day with a 40. According to the local Grandson, the back 9 is the the tougher of the two 9s. Lots of water, on lots of holes. I just played away from those hazards whenever possible. I won a few skins. That money will go into the bridal fund. I was happy to show up the youngsters.

I did notice the 7,000 foot altitude causing some extra fatigue.

We had a great time. My two son in laws, Granddaughter, and her cousin were following us.

The cousin kicked all our butts with a 79 from the whites. Yeah, she's that good. Luckily she wasn't involved in our 6 man skins game.

Today is the Grandson's Wedding, and tomorrow my wife, and I will start back home to Southern NV. Taking our time, 4-5 days.

At the range hitting balls for the first time in 3 weeks.

993936CD-3E90-4C50-9F8E-55C75F7092DA.jpeg

So far this morning was a 1hr short game and sand lesson. Followed that up with another hour practicing more, and then hitting the range. After I worked through the bucket, headed back for more sand and chipping work.

Hopefully some time working on a golf project in the garage this afternoon!

Hit a few balls, chipped and putted for a bit. Primarily wanted to hit my new PXG Gen6 0311 outside and compare it to my Callaway Epic Flash.

Back