What Gear Made the Cut in 2011

Griff

Hey Man, Nice Shot
Reaction score
Handicap
For those that picked up a piece of gear in 2011 what will we be prying from your cold dead hands years from now? Bags to tees, don't care. Lay it on us.

The way that it looks...

Burner SuperFast 2.0... numbers are fantastic... with driver, 4 wood and Rescue. Although it is early for the latter 2.

Alex

I don't know if the Rescue 11s will stay in my bag forever, but I will never not carry a 5-hybrid from this point on.

Hooters cart bag that I won

Burner SF 2.0 and my Putter. <3

My irons, everything else is open to debate. It would take something significantly better.

As of right now just my putter and wedges are safe. The driver is still new but so far I'm loving it and getting used to it.
Certainly going to be a very fun year for me personally.

I have never putted as well as I have with this Ghost Spider. I don't know how long it will stay in the bag but I can't see anything knocking it out anytime soon.

Everything is safe apart from my putter. Hoping to get the method drone soon!

Probably my R11 3 wood,its the first 3 wood I can smack off the deck.

Irons and 3 wood arent going anywhere! Everything else is on thin ice for next year especially the putter!!

Nothing is safe! Apart from my THP Epoch tees.

The closest thing to absolute safe is my SCOR clubs. And like Paulo, my THP tees (golf ball holders and shirts). :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

The club that actually made it through the year - aside from when I was reviewing others - is my fairway wood. Only club I began with that didn't get replaced at some point.

Started over from top to bottom this year. Loving everything right now with a Scor system on the way. My SeeMore is amazing.

Tapatalk

I got my stuff LATE in the year, just a couple of weeks ago.
When I get stuff that I LIKE, I keep it for YEARS.

So I can say this with most certainty ....

YEARS from now, that would be at least 5+ you will still see the Ping G20 irons and the K15 driver in my bag. :blob: :joy: :blob: You will still see me carting the Ping Pioneer cart bag (I don't even have it for testing yet, lol, but I just KNOW it's gonna be a keeper)

Burner 2.0 driver....ehh, rough year, just never hit it consistently well.

Taylormade CB Irons--love them, unless my game regresses to where I need more of a GI iron, I could see myself keeping these for a long time.

Ping Scottsdale putter-Got this early in the year, love it, not going anywhere

For me it is my driver. I tried a couple of others during the season but nothing comes close. The 3 wood would be next. I'm not loving it 100% but close. I may try a couple this winter, but it will be hard to knock it out.

I ditched my 2011 hybrids already. Just didn't give me the shots I wanted. Irons, same thing. I played my older G5's all season more less and they just did not allow me to work the ball as I wanted so I put a old set of Nike's back in. I will be looking for new irons before spring for sure. Wedges & putter is set as is all accessories.

For those that picked up a piece of gear in 2011 what will we be prying from your cold dead hands years from now? Bags to tees, don't care. Lay it on us.

Burner 2.0 and TM-770 putter have made the cut for 2012.

Definitely my putter....my wedges and irons are a possibility too. But everything else has the potential to be switched out

I have a feeling the method putter will stay in the bag for years!

My driver, 3 wood, wedges and putter made the cut. I am very satisfied with everything, but want to move to a more GI iron going forward.

My driver, 3 wood, wedges and putter made the cut. I am very satisfied with everything, but want to move to a more GI iron going forward.

I think you need to go after a Blade rather than GI. You are that serious of a golfer.

I think you need to go after a Blade rather than GI. You are that serious of a golfer.

I think you are right. I think I need X100 shafts too because that is what the tour players play.

Back