• Golf bag

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Clothes excluding outerwear

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • Outerwear

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Golf shoes

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Accessories including belts, sunglasses, shoe bags, etc.

Votes: 19 22.9%

• Total voters

Diane

Reaction score
Many of you know I work in marketing research and those who don't know I'm just nosy. After reading about the various vendors at the PGA Show, how likely is it that you will buy one of the products you read about here at THP? Were you already thinking of buying that product whether it's golf equipment, shoes, clothes, gloves or other? Did the coverage change your mind or influence you?

The poll covers what you DEFINITELY plan to purchase after reading the threads and allows for multiple responses.

Please keep in mind that this is based on show coverage.

The one thing I'm definitely in the market for now is a hybrid to replace my 4 iron. Either that or consolidating my 3 & 5 woods to just a 4 wood.

The one thing I'm definitely in the market for now is a hybrid to replace my 4 iron. Either that or consolidating my 3 & 5 woods to just a 4 wood.

Thanks - I'm asking specifically about what you plan to purchase that was reviewed at the show.

I picked clothes. I have exhausted my equipment funds for about 2 years. Not to mention I'm very happy with what I have in my bag.

However, after seeing some of the clothing lines from the 2010 PGA Show, I will definitely be purchasing some new threads. Specifically, Sligo and Jack Nicklaus.

I've pieced my bag together this fall/winter for the most part but I think I'm still going to look into a Niblick and a CG15. I've very tempted on some of the new seemore putters as well, I just have to figure out which ONE I'll go with. I wish Ogio or Sun Mountain would have been there to show off some new carry bags. I know I'll be spending some money on clothes this year. I've been lacking in the style department but this place has introduced my eyes to some companies that are producing what I like (Sligo in particular).

Ok - my fault for not being very clear. I am only interested in what you plan to purchase based on show coverage.

The clothing coverage from the show introduced me to brands I was unaware of. We have very little selection around here other than the big names. I can't wait to get to North Carolina next month for some golf shopping. :blob:

Lija for sure. Abacus maybe, depending on free cash flow.

I'm going with the clothes as well: Lija, Golftini, and a few others :)

I'm a clothes ho' ... I knew I was buying Sligo, but I saw a few other things I'll probably try to pick up. Travis Mathew, maybe try CBuk, Quagmire had a pair of shorts I liked. If I get some extra extra $$, I'd love to pick up some of the Ian Poulter stuff.

Unless a miracle driver or putter comes out I'm good with my clubs.

You didn't give an option for nothing. :banghead:

I have no plans to buy anything at the moment.

This was in regards to the coverage of the PGA Show, and I am guessing you have not read it since you mentioned previously that you normally do not look at those sections.

I'll be working on some clothes after seeing the coverage. There's some great looking things out there from companies I never new existed. I have still not played either of my new set's of iron's, so there are several I liked the looks of and hope to try this year if these don't impress.

A new bag is the one thing I really want this year and a couple wedges, lol.

I'm only interested if you saw something that JB or GG posted about from the show and now plan to buy it.

Shoes. The shoes I currently had are a standard width and I need something in a wide because my current shoes make my feet hurt.
I like some of the new designs that FJ has come out with and would definetly be giving them a look.

Shoes. The shoes I currently had are a standard width and I need something in a wide because my current shoes make my feet hurt.
I like some of the new designs that FJ has come out with and would definetly be giving them a look.

Diane is asking this based on "show coverage". FJ was not at the show.

Could you have made more than 1 selection??

Well since I only voted for the clothing, I'd like to add accessories as well :good:

Clothes is the answer since my bag is & has been set for some time. I will be picking up a few more Cutter & Buck shirts, need more golf specific pants as well but haven't nailed down a supplier as of yet.

OK, I am buying Hybrids. Nickents. This was 100% a result of reading this site, but obviously not the show.

I am buying a driver. I was going to buy the DST blind and I am still leaning that way, but because of the Shoot-out and show coverage I will be looking at the Callaway Diablo Edge as well- I would not have even tested it otherwise.

And I really liked the pics of the stuff at the Cleveland Classics booth. I will be actively looking for clothes from there if I can find them. That is 100% a result of the coverage as I had never heard of them before.

+1 on the Cleveland Classics attire. Those pictures just sold me some new shorts.

I plan on getting the SGX if it actually is as hot as it looks. I was going to buy the Onpar until I saw the SGX

I'm only interested if you saw something that JB or GG posted about from the show and now plan to buy it.

I just thought that if you were taking a survey, it would also be meaningful to know who had looked and seen nothing of interest. :confused2:

Let's face it... to read that entire forum would take at least an entire day. I glanced at the headers and a couple of threads.... just not that much of an equipment hound I guess. I like what I've got in my bag, and I've got about 20 golf shirts now that were new in the last year or so. My shoes and sandals are in good shape. Just can't think of anything that I want.... although that Tour V2 Patriot Pack looks cool. If I had a few bucks to blow, that's where I'd spend it. :D

Back