What Do You Do To Just Get Away???

1. Golf or range.
2. Walks with the wife, dog, or both.
3. If traveling (I travel a fair amount for work) I do my best Anthony Bourdain impersonation and try to find cool food in whatever city I’m in.
4. The occasional evening of bourbon and tunes.
5. When driving (micro getaways) I like comedy podcasts or comedy albums.

For those of you with the younger kiddos: it can definitely be tough to get away. Do your best to enjoy these years though. They really do fly by. My son is 18. He’s great but is definitely busy with friends, work, and his own life. You will have plenty of time to yourself when your kids are older, but it is a touch bittersweet.

Ha ha ha, I like the turn this took. I meant getting away from the wife. We have only been married 9 years (my second marriage, her first). Don't get me wrong, we have an outstanding marriage. Just lately, she has been more argumentative, a little more snappy, etc. Maybe the change is about to happen. I have never had this thought of like, damn just let me get away for 30 minutes or hour or two.

Oh, that kinda get away….

You gotta talk to her. Like deep stuff. Don’t let it fester.

f**k golf.

Oh, that kinda get away….

You gotta talk to her. Like deep stuff. Don’t let it fester.

f**k golf.
Oh nah nothing to do with golf. Just in regards to stuff. We talk plenty. Good talks also. But a lot of fussing comes my way.

Oh nah nothing to do with golf. Just in regards to stuff. We talk plenty. Good talks also. But a lot of fussing comes my way.

Roger that. I’ve learned to quit trying to fix it, just shut up and listen.

For those of you with the younger kiddos: it can definitely be tough to get away. Do your best to enjoy these years though. They really do fly by. My son is 18. He’s great but is definitely busy with friends, work, and his own life. You will have plenty of time to yourself when your kids are older, but it is a touch bittersweet.
“ The cats in the cradle syndrome “

So my partners parents were on long weekend from interstate … I thought we were going out with them Sunday …
Except plans changed , and she said why don’t you go to golf , which I play monthly group and was on Sunday .
Don’t need second request lol. Off l went , she dropped parents at airport . And late in afternoon two of my kids showed up with there ( less than 6 month old babies )

Now that’s a day of problems solved ))) lol

Gym is always good for me for that.

Or jumping into a few rounds of Call Of Duty.

Or a ride on my scooter 🛵 😎

To get away, I like to go out to tge course and play a leisurely late afternoon/early evening round either as a single or with a buddy.

I find the setting sun, the shadows that are created and the emergence of wildlife late in the day, very soothing. I don’t want to rush snd the goal is not to finish 18 but to be more methodical while working on my game. I find that not rushing but being very purposeful, I can think clearer while workout sny issues with my game. This distraction also diverts my attention from any other stresses or distractions in my life.

Ideally the course is quiet which hasn’t been easy the past few years but I think this year we are going to see some return to normality. Weather looks nice for tomorrow evening so going to see if I can make it work.

Go for a walk. There is a State Environmental Education Center five minutes from my house. I go there and walk the trails.

I live on hole 17 of my home course. I go out and play a few holes at dusk. Maybe take a hit or two of something green. Work up a little sweat walking up and down the hills. This keeps me sane.

Put on the earbuds and read a book

Back