What did you shoot today?

47/44 today… bonehead shots caused the larger than expected number

Shot a 45/47 - 92 yesterday. Easily my best round of 2024. I could have gone 3-5 shots lower if I had putt decent and eliminated a couple of poor shots that were easily preventable. Got unlucky with a couple of mud spots too. Lots of positives from where I had been though. Practice and lessons are paying off.

91 at Deer Ridge in Bellville, OH. Never played there before but we'll certainly go back.
I have always wondered what that place is like. Glad to hear you liked it. I live about 40 minutes from there

I have always wondered what that place is like. Glad to hear you liked it. I live about 40 minutes from there
IF I remember, next time we go I'll let you know.

#10 you can use driver. We had no idea what was over the other side of the hill so used UW, fairway or driving iron. Turns out driver would have been fine.

You're not using driver on #2. I over drove the green at 291 yards and it's a par 4.

IF I remember, next time we go I'll let you know.

#10 you can use driver. We had no idea what was over the other side of the hill so used UW, fairway or driving iron. Turns out driver would have been fine.

You're not using driver on #2. I over drove the green at 291 yards and it's a par 4.
That would be sweet!

First competitive round of the year at the weekend, we are still lift, clean and place due to the amount of rain over the last couple months, but I shot a 76 and won the competition by a single point (Stableford scoring)

Got out with @Moore_Golf after work and shot 38/44 = 82 ESC to 81. 8 GIR, 5 FW, 30 putts. 2 birdies, 6 pars, 7 bogeys and 1 TRIPLE 🤮

Played the front 9 pretty well with a good chance to have a nice round, then the back 9 was a mess. Had an ugly triple after I compounded a bad break with some ugly short game, and pulled a 2nd shot OB on a short par 5 to squander a good birdie or better opportunity. Full swing was uncharacteristically very streaky and bunker play was rough, but wedges were a little better than normal and I was putting pretty well so the number wasn't too atrocious.

I feel like I'm really close to good golf, and I just can't get my hands fully around it...

+3 for my 9 hole Tuesday afternoon round. Started with 3 consecutive pars, a bogey, then 2 consecutive birdies (I know I've never done that). Another par or two and then finished up with 2 bogeys. Hit the ball really solid and the putter was working. Not my lowest ever round on this track (last year I logged a +1), but rare enough to feel pretty damn good. Birdie count for 2024 = 4.

Much better than my weekend round of 18 (+20) on a much more difficult course and the wrong tee box, not to mention a bit too many adult beverages.

49 last night in league- The sad part is, I struck the ball well was just directionally challenged and tried to get cute playing the "wind". Wedge game was horrid and the putter was ice cold. Onto the next round!

I was the king of 3 putt bogeys yesterday that led to a round of 91. Had way too many of them compounded with a blow up hole on the front and the back. And away goes a good score down the drain.

Was hitting the ball well but have to improve on putting

In our 9 hole League round last night. Started with a double bogey after my drive ended behind a tree, and I had to punch out.
Next hole chipped in for birdie. 3rd hole par. 4th chipped in for birdie again.
Then par on 5th and birdie putt on 6. And parred out the final holes. Missed birdie putt on 9 by half an inch. :banghead:

Finished the round with a 1 under 35 for my low score for league 😎

I was the king of 3 putt bogeys yesterday that led to a round of 91. Had way too many of them compounded with a blow up hole on the front and the back. And away goes a good score down the drain.

Was hitting the ball well but have to improve on putting
That was me two rounds ago. It happens...

In our 9 hole League round last night. Started with a double bogey after my drive ended behind a tree, and I had to punch out.
Next hole chipped in for birdie. 3rd hole par. 4th chipped in for birdie again.
Then par on 5th and birdie putt on 6. And parred out the final holes. Missed birdie putt on 9 by half an inch. :banghead:

Finished the round with a 1 under 35 for my low score for league 😎
Now that is how you bounce back!! 🔥

Played yesterday and shot 76, which ties my best round of the year. Was -1 on the front and just wasn't as sharp on the back. It had been a long time since I made the turn under par. I think I got ahead of myself and started thinking about breaking 70.

E0E67A52-37E4-44D5-B637-D5A836F64DB7.jpeg

Shot 84 on Monday after work playing from the Gold yardage, about 5800 yards par 70. It’s one of the nicer courses around me albeit one of the shorter ones, but the conditions were great and we wanted to make sure we got in all 18 holes before the sun went down.

43 / 39 82

Hit my driver well 13/14 and putted normal 33, but irons and chipping off a bit. Can not take 9 days off and expect good golf

Played the back well once I got my head out!

Son shot his PB on his 31st birthday ♥️
IMG_6818.jpeg

That was me two rounds ago. It happens...
sure does, only second time out. I think I might end up walking the putt off to get a better distance idea as usually there is time. Disappointing when birdie ops turn into bogeys. Still a great day to be out

sure does, only second time out. I think I might end up walking the putt off to get a better distance idea as usually there is time. Disappointing when birdie ops turn into bogeys. Still a great day to be out
Doing a quick walkoff is something I started doing last season and while it is no guarantee, it helps a lot. As you said, make sure you're not doing it when it's your turn to putt, but can usually do it while others are finishing up chipping or simply on your way to your ball.

👀

IMG_6766.jpeg

39 yesterday......solid round.

HCP still dropping slightly...... chipping and putting.....it's where it is at.

Have rounds scheduled with my wife the next 3 days. Weather is iffy.....50s cloudy with showers......

Arrived at our northern home Sunday, played my home course yesterday in a league warm up match. Club is not officially open until this Saturday so it’s temp tees and greens til then. Shot a +5 40, all pars and bogeys. Fun match, it was points with 2 for hitting the fairway with driver, 1 for any other club off the tee in the fairway and one point for GIR.

IMG_6773.jpeg

Remember when you said you were hitting it great and not scoring. I think that has changed.
Starting to find that feeling for sure, I can’t say enough about how beneficial the ST+ has been for my wedge game though. I’m versatile now on those 120 and in shots.

I wish I could bottle this. I’m sure I’ll shoot 84 tomorrow hahahaha

Back