What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot an 86 yesterday. 43 front, 43 back and trippled the last hole...ggrrrrrrr. Only had one penalty from a snap hook drive OB. Greens were slow and everything was wet from the rain. Never thought we'd get all 18 in with the storms cracking around us. Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done, but it worked out

Absolutely horrible day...I have been shooting between 39-41 most of the time, I have only had time to play 9 holes this year so far because it is always raining when I get off work or I am just busy...anyway...I had golf league tonight and had to pick up on most holes. Slicing my driver, sh*nking the driver, even sh*nked a few with the 3-wood and hybrid. I couldn't get off the tee. Then I was chunking my iron shots, duffing my pitch shots, and couldn't putt all day. I literally didn't hit one good shot all day. I missed numerous putts, and not just by a little. Way off line and speed was horrible. Couldn't lag a putt within 5 feet of the hole, and I missed numerous putts within 6 feet. Don't know what the deal is...by the time league was over I didn't have time to go to the range because my course doesn't have one and the nearest one is like 20 minutes away. It was 8:30 so I didn't have enough daylight to go hit any. Now it is supposed to rain the next 2 days, so this is going to be driving me nuts until then. I just could not figure out what is wrong with my swing...I couldn't drive, approach, chip, pitch, or putt today. So frustrated.

I'm right there with you. I have been struggling to find a good swing since getting back from the outing.

Played my home course yesterday. 45/36. I was thinking about moving it up a tee box, but it only plays about 6150, so we played our normal tees at 6700. After I found the fairway on the first hole, I didn't sniff another one until 7 and missed about an 8 footer for birdie and then another one of a similar distance on 9. I only hit three greens and the three fairways and even had a 3 putt bogey thrown in for good measure coupled with 3 doubles for a 45. Started the back with a bogey from the fairway and then it started clicking. Missed about another 8 footer for birdie on 11. Then made back to back birdies in the 20' range. Made double with an awful tee shot. A couple of pars with birdie chances missed. Had a kick in birdie on 17 and another chance on 18, but missed the 18 footer. Not a great putting day with 33, 6 fairways and hit 7 of 9 greens on the back for 10 total. Very happy with the strong finish.

Wow. Extremely good finish, biggsy!

1 over through 7, +3 in #8. Aggravated and trying to recover.

Huge finish biggsy! congrats!
Played my home course yesterday. 45/36. I was thinking about moving it up a tee box, but it only plays about 6150, so we played our normal tees at 6700. After I found the fairway on the first hole, I didn't sniff another one until 7 and missed about an 8 footer for birdie and then another one of a similar distance on 9. I only hit three greens and the three fairways and even had a 3 putt bogey thrown in for good measure coupled with 3 doubles for a 45. Started the back with a bogey from the fairway and then it started clicking. Missed about another 8 footer for birdie on 11. Then made back to back birdies in the 20' range. Made double with an awful tee shot. A couple of pars with birdie chances missed. Had a kick in birdie on 17 and another chance on 18, but missed the 18 footer. Not a great putting day with 33, 6 fairways and hit 7 of 9 greens on the back for 10 total. Very happy with the strong finish.

75, +3. Dropped back a bit. Windy and pretty difficult pins today.

1 over through 7, +3 in #8. Aggravated and trying to recover.

Never recovered; lost it mentally. Followed the triple with a double. +1 through 7, two hole later I'm out in +6. BAck just completely fell apart. Didn't find a single fairway. Usually have straight to cut/fade ball flight off tee. Today I was left...further left and even more left!!! 5 penalty strokes; all from tee shots. :surrender:

I shot 96 on a course I have never played before, pretty decent for me. It was a par 71 .

I shot 39 + 39 = 78 today from the Senior tees. Getting ready for this weekends Club Championship. I just hope my game holds up this well for the entire weekend. This has been a fun week!!!!

I shot 39 + 39 = 78 today from the Senior tees. Getting ready for this weekends Club Championship. I just hope my game holds up this well for the entire weekend. This has been a fun week!!!!

Great shooting. Keep it up and you may be hoisting that trophy on Sunday!

Shot 78 today. 42/36, even on the back 9, two doubles on the front due to penalty strokes. Hit the ball really well today. I putted ok, only had one three putt, but missed quite a few birdie putts (2 from about 5 feet). I was 1 under (on the back 9) through 17 and it got in my head so I bogeyed 18. Hopefully I can keep shooting in the 70s! If so, that HC will be dropping soon.

Front 9 - 5 pars, 2 bogeys, 2 doubles
Back 9 - 3 birdies, 3 pars, 3 bogeys

Well I shot my best round this year. 80 41 front 39 back. It's a short course I've been playing lately but a confidence booster, its about 5300 from the tips. I almost holed out on 10 for an eagle. Would have been my first eagle to. I hit 10/18 greens and 9 fairways even my bad drives were just a little bit in the rough. Super Stoked how I've been playing the last few weeks.

Well I shot my best round this year. 80 41 front 39 back. It's a short course I've been playing lately but a confidence booster, its about 5300 from the tips. I almost holed out on 10 for an eagle. Would have been my first eagle to. I hit 10/18 greens and 9 fairways even my bad drives were just a little bit in the rough. Super Stoked how I've been playing the last few weeks.

That is awesome Aaron. You may have to change your screen name if you keep it up. :D Feels good to play good! Keep up the good work.

Nice job aaronthehack.

Congrats Aaron!!!

Thanks guys it feels good when everything is going right and not having any blow up holes. A friend of mine in my league started calling me sand bagger now since I've been playing better than my league handicap.

That's it, solid round, relax and have fun.

I got out to play a quick 9 at an executive course today. Greens were small and surrounded by trouble lol. Good practice though. I started off double, bogey, double, bogey but ended up par'ing the last 5 holes. Par was 33 and I ended up with a 39. Not too bad, pentalty shots killed me on the doubles. I hosel'd a 9i OOB after I hit my M3 into the fairway and then I hooked my M3 off the tee on #4 OOB. The Bogey on #4 was because I didn't get enough air to carry a bunker after I put my tee shot to the right of the green. Then i hit a nice out of the bunker and ended up with bogey putt and drained it. 15 putts altogether. Nailed a 35 footer for par. I was happy with the DART and Ill post my thought on the Callaway clubs in those threads. Really happy I was able to move on from the bad holes and just play golf.

48/18 front nine. Chipped 10-15 feet past the hole 3 times in a row ugh... Took a quad after I sent two in the water. Left every first putt at least 1 foot short. Back nine was much better but had to skip a couple holes because of darkness. So I'm actually ok with it.

Played Granada this morning. 9-hole course, no water.
Shot a 51, lost only 1 ball.

73 yesterday...not today...forgive me i should've posted before....it was at Glen Ealge GC my home course...37 (+1) front and 36 (E) on back...16/18 GIR and 10/14 fariways...only two birdies....had many chances at least 7...getting ready for tournament, on tuesday...can't wait for the tourney...this might be the only tourney of the year that I might win on the tour that I play on...also just signed up for match play tourney at home club :) great year for golf

Shot 38/38=76. Doubled the last hole after a terrible drive into the trees left.

Driver was tempermental, irons were good and putting was average. No three putts, but nothing made over a few feet.

Shot 86 (43,43) in club championship for a net 72. Disappointed that I didn't play better but happy that I didn't play worse. I usually have terrible nerves on the first day and today was no different. The girls with the higher handicaps are kicking my butt. The highlight of my day was a sand shot to 4" from the hole for birdie. I never do that!

Congrats! I bet that was a lot of fun for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back