What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
44/44-88 with two triples and two doubles and at least 6 pUtts that just missed... A lot of tap in bogies otherwise could have been quite a bit lower... There is always tomorrow..or the next day... Or the day after that...

You have to keep thinking positive! I think everyone knows the feeling on missing those "unessisary" putts.

Tappin' for world peace!

90. Blah. Worst round of the year. Nothing worse than a double and only two pars. Just couldn't get it going.

Also, got paired with a really annoying twosome. One guy was an "inventor" and told story after story of his awesomeness. I bet he catches fish this <>-------------< big when he goes fishing too :)

Didn't seem like I was playing very well but kept on getting the ball in the hole. 37-36 73
My best score since full knee replacement two months ago.

41-46 Been a while since I was even close to 85.
This only means I'll probably blow up a 108 with OG, Kelly and DawgDaddy tomorrow morning.

Nah, just keep the ball out of the trees. We will have fun for sure.
It WAS fun.

Cost me a new putter, though.
So what did I shoot today? I shot a hole in my wallet!! :D

It WAS fun.

Cost me a new putter, though.
So what did I shoot today? I shot a hole in my wallet!! :D

You need to post this puppy in the "What did you buy" thread.

Well I went to Edwin Watts first. They had some things in there that were making my credit card tingle so I had to really get out of there quick-like. One of the things was the all white Cobra s3. :in-love: Beauty!!!!
I hit just about every putter in there, from Backstrykes and DARTs, Wilson's milled one (really liked that one), the Cleveland that Dawg has, and some Pings. In the end, I just went to Dick's in South Macon and hit the Method, the Heavies, and a couple others. In the end, I like the ease that the Heavy brings to the stroke and the fact I sank two sets of 4 in a row pretty much sealed it. It was easy to get it on a straight line and headed in the right direction.
Could've used it on those fluffy greens today. So, I'll :brb: to Jonesco and give 'er another go asap.

Shot 79 today. Could've been better, like always. Ball striking was good today. Had 4 three-putts when on in regulation. Missed 2 birdie putts within 4 feet. 10 pars though, happy with that. 1 double, 6 bogeys, 1 birdie.

Well I went to Edwin Watts first. They had some things in there that were making my credit card tingle so I had to really get out of there quick-like. One of the things was the all white Cobra s3. :in-love: Beauty!!!!
I hit just about every putter in there, from Backstrykes and DARTs, Wilson's milled one (really liked that one), the Cleveland that Dawg has, and some Pings. In the end, I just went to Dick's in South Macon and hit the Method, the Heavies, and a couple others. In the end, I like the ease that the Heavy brings to the stroke and the fact I sank two sets of 4 in a row pretty much sealed it. It was easy to get it on a straight line and headed in the right direction.
Could've used it on those fluffy greens today. So, I'll :brb: to Jonesco and give 'er another go asap.

I see at least five strokes coming off your next round. You had the ball going right at the hole and several ended up an inch short but dead in the hole :banghead:. Now watch our course super cut the greens down to a nice smooth slick level and mess with your mind :D

OG and I ended up playing in a 2 person scramble today. It was a fund raiser for the local girl's softball team. We shot even @ 72 which was respectable for a couple porch rockers. I think the winning team shot 56 but I bet we had more fun playing with Dawgdaddy and Toad!

OG and I ended up playing in a 2 person scramble today. It was a fund raiser for the local girl's softball team. We shot even @ 72 which was respectable for a couple porch rockers. I think the winning team shot 56 but I bet we had more fun playing with Dawgdaddy and Toad!
Porch rockers my butt! Nice round KB and OG! :)

That was a lot of fun KB, I really like to play in tournament's that the proceeds are for kids/youth. Y'all beat the hound out of us, but considering we did not purchase the mulligans, Benedict Arnolds and other things I had never heard of, I think we did quite well. Our 75 was fueled by the 4 bogies in 5 hole stretch when we got in synch and both hit bad shots and good shots on the same stroke. I know the way we were hitting as a group had it been a 4 person scramble, we would have shot pretty low, there were some good drives out there on each hole. Again it was a blast and a pleasure to meet T0AD, and tee it up again with my favorite golfing couple. Thanks for having me over.

That was a lot of fun KB, I really like to play in tournament's that the proceeds are for kids/youth. Y'all beat the hound out of us, but considering we did not purchase the mulligans, Benedict Arnolds and other things I had never heard of, I think we did quite well. Our 75 was fueled by the 4 bogies in 5 hole stretch when we got in synch and both hit bad shots and good shots on the same stroke. I know the way we were hitting as a group had it been a 4 person scramble, we would have shot pretty low, there were some good drives out there on each hole. Again it was a blast and a pleasure to meet T0AD, and tee it up again with my favorite golfing couple. Thanks for having me over.

haha we all had ran out of money as we were not expecting to play in a scramble. :D

haha we all had ran out of money as we were not expecting to play in a scramble. :D

It was a good deed.:D Great job.....
I played ok today shot 86 wasnt to thrilled second shot killed me. Dang alignment

I played twice today and I feel like I have turned a corner. I realized that I need to stop trying to be a big hitter and become a more accurate hitter. This has translated into me changing up my swing to play a fade. I just feel like my fade is more controllable.

So to my rounds, first was at a golf course in Utah called The Ranches and I was really playing well and shot a 38 on the front. Everything just felt good, and then I played the back nine and shot a 42! Oh no I almost broke 80, it has been a while since I broke 80. My drives were really on except for the last few holes, which cost me my sub 80 round. Grrr. But it is okay cause I played well.

Next round I played started off about the same, a 39. Then I got hot on 11 and shot par, birdie, birdie, par. Right this whole round the wind was blowing a bit, but it got super crazy on 15 which was a par 5straight into a 30 mph wind and the wind was constant from that point on. So after 14 is was +2 and I finished with bogeys on each hole to shot a 39 going out and a final score of 78! I am super excited, but also angry at the gale force winds that cost me a few strokes. But I broke 80! It has been a while and I think the new swing philosophy is here to stay.

Congrats on the rounds Doc! My play seems to be turning a corner as well and I hope to be busting 80 soon!

I played a fun strange round today. Very windy but not so much that is was miserable.

I started off with an eagle on the first hole after a great drive, great 2nd shot(thank you SF 2.0!), and sank a 30 ft put. I then went bogey, bogey, double, birdie, bogey, birdie, par, par for a front side 38.

On the back it was an entirely different round with 7 pars, 1 birdie and one bogey, for a 35. Overall a 73 and a great feeling round. I had some really dumb bogeys but bounced back and had a great time playing.

The good news was my driver was awesome. LOVE the switch in the shaft. Mid launch, less spin and way more consistent. Hit some distances I haven't seen before!

Also great news, my putting was great. After my last men's club round with 6 three putts, I changed some things in my set up and opened my putting stance and the past two rounds have been very good. I made two 25-30 ft putts, a few in the 10-15 ft range and was just solid with the putter all day.

Now I just need to get the irons a little tighter and I can see some stellar rounds in the coming months.

87... still trying to get to the low 80s. mostly need to work on tee shots and GIR%

I played twice today and I feel like I have turned a corner. I realized that I need to stop trying to be a big hitter and become a more accurate hitter. This has translated into me changing up my swing to play a fade. I just feel like my fade is more controllable.

So to my rounds, first was at a golf course in Utah called The Ranches and I was really playing well and shot a 38 on the front. Everything just felt good, and then I played the back nine and shot a 42! Oh no I almost broke 80, it has been a while since I broke 80. My drives were really on except for the last few holes, which cost me my sub 80 round. Grrr. But it is okay cause I played well.

Next round I played started off about the same, a 39. Then I got hot on 11 and shot par, birdie, birdie, par. Right this whole round the wind was blowing a bit, but it got super crazy on 15 which was a par 5straight into a 30 mph wind and the wind was constant from that point on. So after 14 is was +2 and I finished with bogeys on each hole to shot a 39 going out and a final score of 78! I am super excited, but also angry at the gale force winds that cost me a few strokes. But I broke 80! It has been a while and I think the new swing philosophy is here to stay.

That's what I'm talking bout! Well done partner :clapp:..

I shot 82 with 29 putts! Guest what, my FIR's sucked big time. I was scrambling all day and if not for my putter & wedges around the green it could have gone ugly. I would have never imagined one putting so many times in my last three rounds. Now if I can keep it out of the woods it might get interesting. I will pull out another driver tomorrow to see if I can keep it between the trees more often.

Nice round buddy, impressive to shoot that low over there if you are not hitting fairways, that is the real key on that track.

Nice round buddy, impressive to shoot that low over there if you are not hitting fairways, that is the real key on that track.

Man you got that right good buddy! This 43 gram shaft in my driver can be really good or really off. I am going to experiment tomorrow. It no doubt could be the Indian but I have to rule that out.

That's what I'm talking bout! Well done partner :clapp:..

I shot 82 with 29 putts! Guest what, my FIR's sucked big time. I was scrambling all day and if not for my putter & wedges around the green it could have gone ugly. I would have never imagined one putting so many times in my last three rounds. Now if I can keep it out of the woods it might get interesting. I will pull out another driver tomorrow to see if I can keep it between the trees more often.

82 and few FIR! You are going to JB a run for his money as the scrambling king if you keep your short game up like that! I am sure you will find more fairways next time!

82 and few FIR! You are going to JB a run for his money as the scrambling king if you keep your short game up like that! I am sure you will find more fairways next time!

Thanks buddy! It would be cool to be more JB like however I am hoping to raise my FIR's soon. My putting is feaking me out it has been so good lately and I know it can not possibly last.

Started strong and ran out of gas on the back. Still feel good, three days walking 18. 35-41 76 and my team finished in first. Good weekend, 73 76. That index will be coming back down.

Thanks buddy! It would be cool to be more JB like however I am hoping to raise my FIR's soon. My putting is feaking me out it has been so good lately and I know it can not possibly last.

Are you still on the one handed putting train? 29 putts is super low! Especially one handed :D

Started strong and ran out of gas on the back. Still feel good, three days walking 18. 35-41 76 and my team finished in first. Good weekend, 73 76. That index will be coming back down.

Great golfing Lefty! You playing in a golf league this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back