What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you play in Seattle? I am attending CWU in Ellensburg now, but come over to Seattle every so often to play. I have only played a couple of courses over there, Druids Glen, Mt. Si, and one other I don't remember the name of. Always looking for a nice/fun course to play.

Kayak and Legion Memorial in Everett, Jackson and West Seattle in Seattle, played a couple south of Seattle but can't recall them well enough to recommend. Kayak is public and the others are munis, all have great twilight/earlybird rates too.

40/40
2 birdies
2 doubles
6 bogeys
both birdies shoulda been eagles... one eagle putt missed by 3 inches
if it wasnt for a 3 putt and a bunch of bad bounces i woulda went low
i hit balls exactly where i wanted but..........
hit a drain on the left side of the fw
hit the 150 stick and the ball bounced backwards
hit a frikken rake that was 8 ft away from the trap in the grass
hit the top of the flag kicking the ball off the green
happy i got around the course in 2 hrs

83 Sunday. 39-44. Had 5 bogeys and 2 birdies on the front, 3 doubles and 2 bogeys on the back. Missed about 5 makable putts. Got in some trouble with drives a few holes but got back into position but then ended up messing up the next shot. Looking forward to the Monday nine hole tournament tonight. Starting to get a little more confidence with the driver.

40/40
2 birdies
2 doubles
6 bogeys
both birdies shoulda been eagles... one eagle putt missed by 3 inches
if it wasnt for a 3 putt and a bunch of bad bounces i woulda went low
i hit balls exactly where i wanted but..........
hit a drain on the left side of the fw
hit the 150 stick and the ball bounced backwards
hit a frikken rake that was 8 ft away from the trap in the grass
hit the top of the flag kicking the ball off the green
happy i got around the course in 2 hrs

That's why I say the rake should be in the trap.

40/40 with 9 pars and a birdie + 3 doubles. My best round of the year by far but I wasn't doing too much other than keeping the ball in play and putting pretty well (28 putts).

40/44 today for an 84 at Virginia Oaks. Only 4 bogeys on the front but the back got me again. I did have a sweet birdie on a par3, Probably the shortest I have ever played. My GPS said 101 yards to the center and thats where the flag was, 56* wedge and stuffed it pin high and 2 feet right. The craziest thing happened on the first tee, I bought last years bridgestone 330RX balls the other day and I literally split the face/shell off of it on my drive. I have seen split balls laying around but I have never done it. The ball had to have a split in its shell/cover? Hope it never happens again because I love that ball.

40/44 today for an 84 at Virginia Oaks. Only 4 bogeys on the front but the back got me again. I did have a sweet birdie on a par3, Probably the shortest I have ever played. My GPS said 101 yards to the center and thats where the flag was, 56* wedge and stuffed it pin high and 2 feet right. The craziest thing happened on the first tee, I bought last years bridgestone 330RX balls the other day and I literally split the face/shell off of it on my drive. I have seen split balls laying around but I have never done it. The ball had to have a split in its shell/cover? Hope it never happens again because I love that ball.

My brothers played a round at Virginia Oaks this morning. Played it before - good course!

My brothers played a round at Virginia Oaks this morning. Played it before - good course!

We went out at 10:45, there was a 4some in front of us with some younger guys. May of been them? Got paired up with a husband/wife and it was his first time out so we were a bit slow but still a great day to be on the course.

We went out at 10:45, there was a 4some in front of us with some younger guys. May of been them? Got paired up with a husband/wife and it was his first time out so we were a bit slow but still a great day to be on the course.

Very well could have been. I'd guess they went out right around then.

44-37 81. Parred 1,2 and 9 on the front in between I just flat out lost my swing. On the back I only had 2 pars but also had three birdies and 4 bogies two of them were 3 putts.

Kayak and Legion Memorial in Everett, Jackson and West Seattle in Seattle, played a couple south of Seattle but can't recall them well enough to recommend. Kayak is public and the others are munis, all have great twilight/earlybird rates too.

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check them out next time I am in the area.

Played a quick 9 today and shot a 41. Hit 5 of 7 fairways and had a nice up and down from the green side bunker on #1. Everything was fairly straight today, but the irons were flying a little long. Most of the time that is still better than short, since they were still on the green.

That's why I say the rake should be in the trap.

Rakes should definitely be in the trap. I have seen some crazy bad luck when rakes are outside of the bunker.

i just had bad bounces the whole day... and the rake wasnt even visible... it was in the rough pretty far away from the bunker lol

Subbed in a league tonight. I only know one guy in it, and we didn't play together (never have). First time playing with this group, so I had no handicap. The guys I played with are all 10's (9 holes). I shot my best 9 this year, a 41, 6 pars, 2 bogies, and a triple. Hope they ask me back :devil:

Shot a 84 today. Best i have played in awhile.

49 on a 18 hole par 3. Small course where most holes were 90 yards or so but I'm pleased with 6 birdies, 1 bogey and the rest as pars. Go go short game practice!

40 last night. Started out with a triple on a par 5, bogeyed an easy par 3, and bogeyed a par 4 from center of the fairway. Had 1 birdie and missed 5 others within about 18 feet or less. Was pleased how I played after the first hole. Now if I can get some putts to drop.

I shot a 46 (+10) for my worst round since March when I started playing again for the season. Due in large part to 3 penalty shots I had to take, terrible iron play, pitching, and driving. I had putting though, so I have that going for me....which is nice.

40 last night. Started out with a triple on a par 5, bogeyed an easy par 3, and bogeyed a par 4 from center of the fairway. Had 1 birdie and missed 5 others within about 18 feet or less. Was pleased how I played after the first hole. Now if I can get some putts to drop.

way to recover and shoot a solid 40!

34 / 35 for a 69, but don't get too excited it was on a Par 3 course. Had to scramble a hell of a lot as my game was all over the place today and the strong wind didn't help at all.

Still it got me out of the house and my eldest lad (9) came with me again

I just can't seem to get my game back.. Shot another bad round today of 85 41/44. Finished off double, double, double, birdie. I'm just not pleased with any part of my game right now and I can't understand where my good game went..

Ugh, shot a 46 for a handicap round for a new league. A pretty tough course to begin with, add to that the rough hasn't been cut in months because of all the rain: it's tall, thick, and mushy.

For some reason I was fading my drives today. One cost me when it went OB...took a double on that hole. Came back with a birdie, but a couple missed putts brought me to 40. It was a lousy 40...but good news is I am over my hump I had for 2 weeks where I was sh*nking everything and shooting around 60...

a 49 ...not one FIR or GIR..hit plenty of trees with a lucky bounce...it was sad to watch...just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back