What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 41 in my league today. Drove the ball lights out today. Triple on a par 3 killed it, but nonetheless very happy with my play lately.

I played Stoneybrook East. It was my first time playing the course. I haven't played in a month. I really liked the course a lot. I shot an 83 from the Blue. It was a great day of golf.

I can't play this stupid game anymore. I played 5 holes and just walked off today out of pure frustration. I couldn't hit a drive, or any iron shot. I feel i'm so down in fundamentals I don't know which way is the right way anymore.

To top that off I broke my putter.

Dent: Hang in there, man. It will be back. Just look at these "frsutrating" rounds as a chance to practice your short game. When the ball striking is off it often leads to some interesting short game shots.

I went out this morning in the drizzle to play 9. I never had any intention to keep score, just wantd to hit shots. I didn't even pull the putter. It figures, I was hitting the ball very well and would have scored well. It's amazing how well you can play with no consequences. Going to play a full 18 tomorrow, hopefully the ball striking will carry over.

I played the 9 holes @ the Grover Cleveland golf course today in Buffalo NY. This course is OLD, and you can tell it was at one time a very awesome course. Over the years it became a muni course, and you can tell just how nice it could and should be. Right now it is not far from a Goat pasture. It was kind of sad.

I only got to play 9 holes but I shot a decent 39. Nothing exceptional but just a decent round.

I went out this morning in the drizzle to play 9. I never had any intention to keep score, just wantd to hit shots. I didn't even pull the putter. It figures, I was hitting the ball very well and would have scored well. It's amazing how well you can play with no consequences. Going to play a full 18 tomorrow, hopefully the ball striking will carry over.

Keep at it Degoins, #4 team is going to set that PGA course on fire man, lol. I played a rather easy course last night and just couldn't get things going. Shot a 41 on the front with a snowman on the first hole, (par 5). It went down hill from there to a 45, haha. I generally kick but on this course, but the stars didn't align.

I played a different course today, definitely a tougher course but I could not get my swing in the groove tonight. I birdied the hole that usually really gives me fits but struggled to hit a good solid shot until hole 7. Ended up with a 41 on a par 35, 2 doubles, 3 bogies, 3 pars and a birdie. I need the driving range!!

No playing for me......just wishing in the passed 2 months! (Bulged disc/partial herniated disc)....whatever that measn!!!! Finally I got word from my physical therapist that I could swing a stick again.......so after many hours of analyzing Dustin Johnson and Zach Johnson's swing together, it turned into a crazy slow lag swing that I hit straight bombs with the driver and super smooth bulletts with the irons!!!

Thanks KellyBo. Yesterday was especially fun because I got to share it with D-Dub from this site and his son who was back from Afganistan for a short break. They had a tough day on the course, but had thier hands full with Dub's 3 year old grandson, lol. At one point little Rilley tried to drive my cart into a pond, scared the crap out of all of us.
It was a great day and was good to have a young hero back for a visit with his son, family and friends.

That happened at our course a couple weeks ago. My friend's 2 1/2 year old grandson jumped in the cart and took off right into the pond before anyone could blink. It was awful! Lots of tears but thankfully he only had a bruised face. As soon as he got in their SUV, he asked if he could drive.

Tried to play 18 alone today. Was hitting the ball so well with 100% fairway and GIR after 4 holes but 3 putted them all. My eyes were burning like crazy and it was SO HOT (played at 12:30) that I decided to quit. Developed a bad headache and now I think I am coming down with a cold. Time to rest!

That happened at our course a couple weeks ago. My friend's 2 1/2 year old grandson jumped in the cart and took off right into the pond before anyone could blink. It was awful! Lots of tears but thankfully he only had a bruised face. As soon as he got in their SUV, he asked if he could drive.

I would have simply freaked, heck I did this time and the little guy only made it a few feet, lol. We take the keys out of the cart from now on, haha.

Asked if he could drive, now that's funny!

Played 18 after work with a friend who is moving next week. It had rained all morning and the course was soaked (getting my excuses out early) so driver shots landed and stuck so course played really long to me. Shot 51 on the front (with 2 8s and a 7) which was the worst nine I've shot this year. Back nine score was better at 44, but I hemorraged 5 shots to par on the two par threes for no good reason (chipping woes). Driver was good at 10/14 fairways hit and the other 4 less than 10 yards off, Irons got better as the day progressed, Chipped horrible on the wet ground, but putted ok (37 I think).

95 total for a wet 6500 yard course...worse score of the year, but longest course played too.

Played 18 at the local course today. It was the tale of two nines- 51 on the front which is one of my worst nines all year and then a 40 on the back nine which I think is my best nine all year. Just a strange day. Id hit the exact shot I wanted but still end up off the fairway or in trouble. Driver was bad only hitting 5 fairways and I only had 2 GIR's all day. I had 18 putts on the front and 14 on the back for 32 so putting wasn't really an issue. Id love to be able to find some consistency in my game for once. 51/40??

Played 18 at the local course today. It was the tale of two nines- 51 on the front which is one of my worst nines all year and then a 40 on the back nine which I think is my best nine all year. Just a strange day. Id hit the exact shot I wanted but still end up off the fairway or in trouble. Driver was bad only hitting 5 fairways and I only had 2 GIR's all day. I had 18 putts on the front and 14 on the back for 32 so putting wasn't really an issue. Id love to be able to find some consistency in my game for once. 51/40??

how was that new backstrike?

how was that new backstrike?

I was a little off on the lag putts today and I had a TON of them because of my bad iron play. But I was almost automatic from 8' and in. I had a 25' that rolled to the edge, stopped and dropped in. That was my best putt of the day. I had two three putts on the front nine that were just bad putts and lack of concentration on my part.

Shot 83 (40,43) today.

Shot 38-41 today. Came to the 18th needing a par. The hole is a 442 par 4 that takes two really good shots for me to get there. I hit a nice drive but it kicked right into the rough. I had 195 to the pin and hit what I thought was a very good shot. Got to the green and I was sitting in a greenside bunker. I could not see the pin as the bunker was pretty deep but I hit a great bunker shot about 6 feet from the pin and rolled it in for my 79. The best thing about today was the weather was about as perfect as could be expected in late August.

very very poor round by myself today. 44-45. Perhaps my worst round of the year. These stats will tell it all. 3 fairways(all on back 9), 3 GIR, and 34 puts(17 on both sides). My short game was god awful, left everything short. My swing had no rhythm to it today. Oh well get back out there tomorrow morning and try it again.

86 today. Just couldn't get anything going..... It just wasn't working today..... Played decent on the back though. they were also aerating the greens so they were putting wierd.......

Last edited:
I haven't been able to play much lately since we have a 4 month old baby at home now, but I managed to sneak out and walk the course yesterday afternoon for a twilight round. I ended up shooting a 97. Terrible front nine with three blowup holes, and had 53 at the turn. Back nine was like a whole new course, and I ended up shooting 44 with two pars and a bird on the 18th hole to end my day. Finishing with a really good hole sure makes me want to go right back out and get after it again.

I haven't been able to play much lately since we have a 4 month old baby at home now, but I managed to sneak out and walk the course yesterday afternoon for a twilight round. I ended up shooting a 97. Terrible front nine with three blowup holes, and had 53 at the turn. Back nine was like a whole new course, and I ended up shooting 44 with two pars and a bird on the 18th hole to end my day. Finishing with a really good hole sure makes me want to go right back out and get after it again.

The golf gods do that to you just to lure you back so they can get even for the birdie with some bad juju.

Saturday 8/21 Gordon Lakes Pine / Lake 6500 yds
Humid overcast morning 0820 tee time - 76 to 85 degrees

1 par 4 4 (Pine View)
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 4
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 5 (Lake View)
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 4
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 3

Score 36 Pine / 34 Lake - 70 ( -2)

I had played exactly 3 holes in two weeks, those before a rainout last Saturday, and had fairly low expectations at tee time as the course was sloppy wet from two weeks of rainy weather. Then I got off to a solid start and parred 5 of the first 6 holes with 4 good birdie opportunities not converted. Then at the par 5 7th I hit a shortish drive up the 'wrong' left side - facing 248 to the pin, I pulled the driver again and absolutely pickled it, landing on and stopping 8 feet behind the hole. I left the eagle putt in the front door but the confidence was rising. I made a mistake on the 10th tee and put it against the end wall of the fairway bunker, which led to bogey. Steaming, I put some RA on my next tee ball and blasted one over the corner trap to 145 on the longest par 4 out there. And just like that - I was in THE ZONE. The last seven holes were a blur of near perfect shots, as I was never more than 18 feet away putting for birdie, and made 3 of them. I hit three of the longest drives of the year, all dead on the sprinklers, as were all the normal length ones. At the last tee I roasted one right over the 100 marker, and stuck my SW to 4 feet and birdie to polish off the day.

Then the day got profitable - when our gaggle of 8 players settled things in our 'Big Game', I and my blind draw partner won the best team score, and I had 4 of the 5 skins in that pot, and I had the close-ups on three of the 4 par 3 holes (and missed the 4th close-up by less than a foot).

Last edited:
The golf gods do that to you just to lure you back so they can get even for the birdie with some bad juju.

They have a lot to get even for. The birdie putt was a 40 foot thing of beauty with a big sweeping left to right break, from a foot into the first cut off the green. It was easily the best putt of my young golfing life. The Golf Gods will surely make me pay, and dearly. And I don't mind at all.

No playing for me......just wishing in the passed 2 months! (Bulged disc/partial herniated disc)....whatever that measn!!!! Finally I got word from my physical therapist that I could swing a stick again.......so after many hours of analyzing Dustin Johnson and Zach Johnson's swing together, it turned into a crazy slow lag swing that I hit straight bombs with the driver and super smooth bulletts with the irons!!!

I have this right now and am playing through it, I waited till I finished todays tournament to go to a physiotherapist to see how long I'm going to be away from golf for.

81 after a 38 on the front.

It's moments like these I'm convinced I can't break 80.

Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back