What ball has given you the most distance in your game?

For me it's been the Bridgestone e7+/e7. It's the only ball I've ever hit 300 yards (twice ever lol). Nothing else has ever broken 280 off the tee for me.

And no, 300 is NOT normal for me :shock:

Depends on the weather:
Hot weather: TP Red (LDP), E7
Cold weather: Diablo

Srixon Z Star X for me. It's totally dependent on your swing/launch conditions etc, though, so I'd try have a fitting if you are looking for the longest ball for you.
You will probably be surprised - I recently tested a big batch of balls and, like many people do, thought the cheaper, harder balls were the longest. The test showed that the softer, more expensive premium balls were actually longer by quite a distance. The test was over two days and the weather was quite nice so I am not sure about which would perform best in the cold, but, for our group of testers, premium balls were longer across the board on the day.

I don't try too many balls but for me the TM TP Red was pretty long and just perfect off the putter and wedges.

I got more distance out of the cheap top flite balls but also get zero feel. I still prefer my Fuzz for overall performance and especially price.

330-RX so far, second more affordable is the Trispeed tour though.....

I have not found a ball that is a lot longer than another. When I look for a ball it is all about control from 125 yards and in. For me most balls perform about the same as far as distance is concerned. We all like to hit the ball "far", but in order to score the lowest, for me, it's all about around the green.

I have not found a ball that is a lot longer than another. When I look for a ball it is all about control from 125 yards and in. For me most balls perform about the same as far as distance is concerned. We all like to hit the ball "far", but in order to score the lowest, for me, it's all about around the green.

Gus,
You know whats funny, I am the exact opposite. Most of the tour balls play extremely similar to me from 125 yards and in. Yet off the tee in a fitting, I have seen as much as 14 yards in distance gain by playing one vs the other (launch monitor numbers)

TM Burner LDP - not much different off the tee than a Bridgestone E6, but a bit longer with my irons. Like the ball and love the price.

Callaway Big Bertha Diablo-Hittin this ball is like launching a rocket,just doesnt have the spin n2 the greens like my W/S C:25's do tho if it did i would b gaming it nstead

TM Burner LDP - not much different off the tee than a Bridgestone E6, but a bit longer with my irons. Like the ball and love the price.
my brother scored with these... got 2doz for 30 bucks at golf galaxy a few weeks ago
Callaway Big Bertha Diablo-Hittin this ball is like launching a rocket,just doesnt have the spin n2 the greens like my W/S C:25's do tho if it did i would b gaming it nstead
i love the diablo off the tee

People should continue to see the Burner on deep discounts over the next few weeks. The new Burner ball comes out next month.

People should continue to see the Burner on deep discounts over the next few weeks. The new Burner ball comes out next month.

A new burner? That sounds interesting. Do you have any informations?

Srixon Trispeeds are still the longest for me, I just prefer the AD333 overall (price included lol)

Get out of my head, you!

Seriously, that was going to be my reply, dang near exactly.

Gus,
You know whats funny, I am the exact opposite. Most of the tour balls play extremely similar to me from 125 yards and in. Yet off the tee in a fitting, I have seen as much as 14 yards in distance gain by playing one vs the other (launch monitor numbers)
I don't have access to a launch monitor so it's difficult for me to tell. I've hit some great drives but all with different golf balls.

Do you find it harder or softer than the E6?

Its definitely a harder ball based on compression.

You mentioned no access to a launch monitor. If you PM me your area, I can send you back a list of places that do ball fittings.

Do you find it harder or softer than the E6?

Honestly, both feel about the same when I play them. Both are "hard" feeling compared to a Penta or other urethane covered balls, especially on short pitches and chips, but I find that I get pretty consistent results with the Burners. They come off my irons beautifully on full shots, and they land fairly softly, with just a short roll out (usually no more than 5-10 feet depending on the club). They don't check up very readily when I'm hitting from rough, but thats more because my irons have the 2010 grooves... even a Penta won't check from a rough lie with my AP-2's.

Again, I don't find that to be a problem.... I just play for it. Isn't that how it's supposed to be anyway? You learn how your ball works from different situations then play your shots accordingly. :dohanim:

it definitely wasnt the cally big bertha today

no emperical evidence but the e6 seemed much longer for me the last time I went out and played. I need to find a place around here that does ball fittings I'd love to see the difference.

B330RXS and Z-Star, though overall I prefer the Z-Star (Yellow) just a hair, probably just because of the color. If the B330RXS were also available in shiny yellow I might call it a tie. :)

Titleist NXT

My bombs have come from Titlest Pro v1's surprisingly :bulgy-eyes:

I've really only focused on the e6/e7 and Taylormade burner tp balls consistently, and the e7 is definitely the longest off my clubs.

I'd really like to take a chance on the b330, but I'd be afraid it would be too awesome and I'd be hooked haha!

Back