What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a 330s today and enjoyed it in all facets of the game.

Q-Star rather loose them in the leafs rather then B330 RXS

Q-Star rather loose them in the leafs rather then B330 RXS

Yeah I don't blame ya one bit...its that time of year

i played the Titleist NXT Tour today. it rained pretty good last night and was still wet today but i liked the distance and feel. not a bad ball for october golf in north east ohio

prov1x and an nxt tour s
i gotta lotta love for the prov1x but it was a yard shy of carrying a hazard and it decided to take a swim
the nxt tour s was ho hum especially off my wedges... i dont know how to put my finger on it but it just went really high like it was trying to flop every single time i put a wedge on it

Played an older e6 this morning and plow. 6 iron destruction

uploadfromtaptalk1351283077644.jpg

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

4 more swings at indoor range

uploadfromtaptalk1351283377052.jpg

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I played the new '12 B330 from Bridgestone. I was really surprised at the performance. I had tried the previous model and wasnt too impressed, but I thought hey I have some from the Ohio Tour Stop lets give these a try. These were just as long and had just as much spin as any other ball I have played. Might have to give these a regular rotation.

Yesterday I played the entire round with one Wilson Duo.
Really liked it, saw no reason to reach into the bag and pull out an E5.
Made my way to Edwin Watts, purchased a box.
Then tried on a pair of FootJoy Contours. They came home with me too.
Also hit the Wilson FG V2 and the C11; going back tomorrow as the fine salesperson is obtaining a pair of C11 7 irons with graphite and the half & half shafts from another store for me to hit.
Amazing how this stuff happens, eh? :surrender:

I have recently switched to the Bridgestone 330 RXS from the B330RX. I'm liking my chips not rolling way past the hole.

I have recently switched to the Bridgestone 330 RXS from the B330RX. I'm liking my chips not rolling way past the hole.

U losing distance off tee at all?

I played the Gamer V2 for 9 holes and the ProV1 test balls for 9 holes. I loved the ProV1. It made me really miss tour balls.

I played the Srixon Z-Star yellow and was very pleasantly surprised was a very consistent ball didn't tear up like the Pro V1's I had played a few rounds ago. It span just right for me I like the ball the land a stop within 6-8inches and this performed perfectly
The soft feel with the reaction I'm after along with the toughness of the cover :)
I will be buying some more soon

Played a par 3 course today. I used a Maxfli U/4 (for the first time) side-by-side with a Wilson Zip (which has been my cheap ball to use in the leaves and cold weather).

I like most things about the U/4 -- feels fine putting, great control around the green, and I was spinning the crap out of them on longer shots. But they were almost a full club shorter than the Zips once I got passed the wedges. So I need to keep testing, because for $10 for a 6-pack at Dick's, the greenside performance of the Maxfli is hard to beat. But I'm not totally sure I want to lose an entire club length if in fact today was not a fluke.

For what it's worth, Wally World sells the Zips for $20 (for a double-dozen). For that price, they are legit, at least for me.

Played the E5's today and even though it was a hit and miss ball striking day, they did pretty well on the hard greens. Bounces on the greens were really high, but just stopped once it touched back down. Really liked them off the tee box and the green experience was very nice as well. I was also playing with the GamerV2, like it so much going to go hit the special up at GG when I get back in town. May grab a sleeve of Qstars as well, heard some good things about them.

B330 still my choice long term, but these will get me through the winter.

I played the Titleist Test ProV1 and it was phenomenal. Good off the driver, spectacular off the irons, and very spiny around the greens. Great all-around ball.

U losing distance off tee at all?
I haven't noticed any. But it's been windy as heck. I have hit a few further than I have before with them. I did notice that. But I think it was a fluke.

I just played Callaway Hex Chrome and Hex Black Tour and really loved them. So much so that I pick up a dozen of the Chromes. I just don't feel I play well enough yet to play the Blacks.

I hit them longer off the tees and the feel around the greens (chipping and putting) was unmatched in any ball I'd played previously.

I played a Tour Stage Phyz until I plunked it in the water on 17 today. I was impressed. I've been playing Pro V1 for the last couple of rounds and played one after I lost the Phyz. I felt like the Phyz performed pretty similarly to the Pro V1, maybe a bit less spin and a bit shorter off the tee. Maybe a bit more like the Tour B330 RXS, come to think of it.

The wind was up to around 2 clubs at times, and the Phyz performed well in it. I have no idea what the cost is on this ball. I think they're a Japanese ball, and I don't believe they're sold in the USA. A co-worker gave me a sleeve after returning from S.Korea.

http://phyz-golf.com/ball.html

Been going back and forth between the hex black and pro-v1x. Have to say I might go back to the titleist.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

I use Nike 20XI-X sets and I never get tired of playing with them. You can say that I'm happy with them because I feel like my drivers are comfortable hitting them at a good angle. I'm not really a ball snob, so if there's a better brand set that comes along, I would be open to try them out.

I used some Hex Blacks again, I was really killing it with this ball, absolutely amazing off the tee. And my approach shots were awesome. I actually had one spin back a foot on a Par 3 when I hit the GIR, it had just the right amount of spin for me. I really liked the "piercing" trajectory and the distance I got was nice and the ball was straight.

I played 8 rounds in a row with Titleist Velocity, I just absolutely love this ball. Way cheaper than Pro V's, but I think the performance is just as good. Long but precise near the green. My first choice for the next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back