What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last two rounds I have played with the Penta TP5, seems very comparable to most other premium balls but it is definitely shorter than most. I would say about a half of club across the board. Being a short knocker I just can't give up any distance, which is too bad because I really liked the feel off the putter.

Callaway HEX Black. Had a good 13 holes, a few bad holes and two crappy holes.

Played 18 with a Pro V1 and Taylormade TP3 OMG!! Both are so good i don't know whats the best!! I really never liked any Titleist brand but now they are really gaining my respect. Also the Callaway Hex is my favorite none "tour ball" close to the yellow NXT S

Played 18 with a Pro V1 and Taylormade TP3 OMG!! Both are so good i don't know whats the best!! I really never liked any Titleist brand but now they are really gaining my respect. Also the Callaway Hex is my favorite none "tour ball" close to the yellow NXT S

Well the TP3 are about 25 dollars cheaper haha

Well the TP3 are about 25 dollars cheaper haha

TP3= best budget ball out there. For me at least there's no question.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

My last two rounds I have played with the Penta TP5, seems very comparable to most other premium balls but it is definitely shorter than most. I would say about a half of club across the board. Being a short knocker I just can't give up any distance, which is too bad because I really liked the feel off the putter.

Very odd because I have the exact opposite outcome. I hit the TP5 a bit longer than the Prov1 and definitely straighter. Funny how different swings require different balls to be played. I am not a long hitter by any means my 150-155 club is a 7 iron.
I just need a ball with less spin on the box for my fade and extremely good spin on the greens.

I haven't played the TP5's yet but I was big on the Penta TP. I won a dozen TP5's at an outing and I'm hoping to use them this year. But I still have zero complaints about the ProV1x

Tapa Slice

I played today with a Vision X3:WB ball that was in a test pack from the BOZ. Excellent ball for me in all respects and if I find out the "WB" stands for Woman's ball then it won't matter, I would still game it in a heart beat. Nice soft feel, great distance off the tee, and awesome feel on the irons plus smooth with the putter. Check out the Vision Ball thread for more info about these balls.

These just showed up on my doorstep from Titleist. No idea what kind of ball this is or what it is comparable to. Says it is Titleist ProtoType 1 and came in an unmarked sleeve, and as you can see, are marked **TEST**.

3u9asu7a.jpg

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

That's really cool Jeff. They may be new Pro V1s because I saw on Tour this week they have some prototypes in play. Let us know how you like them.

That's really cool Jeff. They may be new Pro V1s because I saw on Tour this week they have some prototypes in play. Let us know how you like them.

DK just said on my FB, they are the new ProV1's. If it warms up tomorrow, I will take them to the chipping green at the course and see for sure.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I played the 2012 Bridgestone E7 today and really didn't like it at all. Absolutely no green side spin. Probably cost me a few strokes. I think the E5's and E6's are more for me with 330RX being the absolute best.

titleist dt solo... i normally love this ball but today it acted weird... it denied me an ace today lol

Pink Bridgestone B330RX! love getting a chance to hit this today since i have a few boxes still. Love this ball. its SOLID and always is fun hitting a pink ball past everyone elses ball that tees off with me!

Whatever dude. You know I smoked you bridge stone with my titleist

These just showed up on my doorstep from Titleist. No idea what kind of ball this is or what it is comparable to. Says it is Titleist ProtoType 1 and came in an unmarked sleeve, and as you can see, are marked **TEST**.
I got the same thing Jeff. I assume we must have signed up for it somewhere!

PA063062_zpsb06c12e2.jpg

PA063057_zps3d4ffaa7.jpg

PA063056_zps781c9786.jpg

This time of year I play the balls I found all year.
To many leafs on the ground. Balls roll under them and hide.

I played some random balls today after losing my b330 on the 11th hole..

They didn't behave the way I want my golf balls to.. What do you mean diablo HX balls aren't top tier!?

Started with the b330rxs

Also played a b330rx and a callaway chrome

B330rxs seems to be a little too short off of the tee with my high tee ball

Played the Duo again yesterday. It was windy and cold as a witch's knocker out there and maybe because of that I didn't notice the extra carry issues I had when it was 80-degrees last weekend. Or it was because I wasn't hitting my irons very well.

The poor ball striking gave me plenty of opportunities to hit out of the sand, hit flopshots from the short side and play some long bump and runs. Liked the Duo performance in the short game.

Still playing the Callaway Hex Black Tours. They have really grown on me. Wasnt sure after the first time out. Really like them now. Very long (for me) off the tee and really nice spin around the greens.

Tap Tap Taparoo

A Topflite, don't know the type, (lakeball purchase). Pretty good ball for a soggy course (yesterday morning we've got heavy rain, the course was still a bit soaked)

Hate to say it but I played a quick 9 and it was cold as heck for here. 44* north wind at 10. So I bagged my TP5's and and umm err...used a sleeve of xFixx for the heck of it.
I have heard people complain about roll-out on these but yesterday I had no issues at all. On the par 3 it checked up 16" from the ball mark. On my chips it rid roll but if I'm playing fast greens then I would be using my gamers.
These Bridgestone xFixx aren't bad for a cheap ball, I had excellent distance with them and very low spin off my driver, if they checked up a bit better I would game them.

Played and lost the Penta. Great ball that I still enjoy and even more so when I dont hook them OB and into woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back