What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

A few home with CTX and it's exactly what I want with wedges. Might do a little front 9 back 9 with it and the B X tomorrow.

Somehow during NFL Pickem i won one week. My prize was a dozen Mizuno RB TOUR golf balls. I have never played a Mizuno golf ball. Took one out tonight. Best weather and conditions yet this season and i wanted to try this ball in good conditions. I am thoroughly impressed. Great off driver and irons. Smooth feel putting . I liked everything about this ball. Had some great drives with it and it felt really solid coming off my Callaway Paradym AI Smoke driver. If its good weather i will give it a try Thursday in mens league and use it on all 9 holes. But for winning a dozen unless ii found one on the course not sure i ever would have tried one. Glad i had this opportunity

Played my first round with the Bridgestone Tour B X last night and found it very much to my liking. I hit it further, consistently, than Tour B RX I've been gaming and hit it straighter than I've hit anything this year. I enjoyed the feel across the board and found flight to be very good for me on a windy (20+) day. I played the same ball for 18 holes and feel like it held up well.

View attachment IMG_1321.mov

I finally used up my stash of OnCore Avant 55 two piece balls, which I like a lot. My plan for this season is to move up to the 3 piece OnCore Elixr.

First outing with them wasn’t great. I am used to the softer feel of the Avant55, so that will take some adjustment. Off the tee I was awful with it, but it was fine from everywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tour B X.

Rare day around here. Soft. Kind of crazy what different conditions can for a ball performance. Full wedge approach spin is my one beef with the X, and it was like Ohio out there. Backed up an 8i a couple feet, and could zip wedge approach. I'm pretty committed to it, and when it dries out back to normal I should have some fresh wedges here to help.

Brilliant around the greens though and a couple big drives and irons cutting through the wind for precise yardage. Good, good stuff.

Tried a sleeve of Left Dash Pro v1x today. Checks good but like the Pro v1 better, tad softer feel. I like a firm ball but not the v1X. I’m on the hunt for a new golf ball all together. Always been a player of a firm,2 piece golf ball.

Tried the Maxfli Straightfli in yellow gloss, and it checks a lot of boxes for me. With a name as such, it can help stay in the fairway, but only to a point! A bad swing on this ball, is not a good result. Approach shots are a lot better for me, hitting the green a few more times than previously. Chipping and pitching is spot on, and feels great off my CBX2's. Putting feels good, and is not a problem. Where this ball shines for me is-PARS! In 23 holes I have played this ball, I have 6-7? pars. Pars were few and far between with my previous ball, the Softfli. This ball has made my game better...

Last edited:
Still playing the Hex Black Tour because of its amazing performance and durability. Now that the season is pretty much over for me I won't run out of my current stock til 2013, so by then all the new 2013 balls will be out and I will try a few others to see if they can knock off the Hex Black that works best for MY game.
Still playing this ball? Just curious...

I played the Q star this morning, they were on sale at Academy for 19.99 and I've been losing a few balls lately with all the leaves falling and turning so I thought a yellow ball might help me.

I honestly didn't like it, it was too soft for what I like, I couldn't even tell if I hit the thing or not half the time hahaha. Not bad ball flight, a bit more roll out than my normal balls but nothing bad because I'm not a big ball spinner anyway. I just like a solid click off my irons on a good shot and this thing was dead quite for me. Very durable though, I gave it two full wedge shots and it doesn't have a mark on it. Went back in the bag after two holes and I went back to my TP3's. Putts very similar though so I'll use them in my spare bedroom on my putting green.
It's not you, I have the same problem with any Srixon ball I try! Just feel too "vague" when you hit them. Soft Feel is the same..

I've been playing Supersofts all season in preparation for alt shot at Ballyhack last week. Really like the feel of them, and distance wise they're as good as anything I've played. Not a fan of them for the short game though, I'll be going back to a urethane cover.

ProV1 for one round, chrome soft LS for the other. Both fantastic golf balls. I felt like I get a bit more driver distance off the CS LS, but I feel like I get better control with the ProV1.

I started with chrome tour ended with everything I lost so many balls today it’s amazing, I didn’t get mad the course just ate me alive. I hit srixons, Bridgestones, top flights m, tp5 anything I had in my bag. I was not expecting to have a bad day it just happened.

Still have some CSX's so played a couple (lost one :cautious:) over 9. Such a good ball.

Q-Star Tour... I'm slowing down. I may need to go to a distance ball.

Making the final step in ball progression. Used to play the highest spinning tour ball I could find, (B-330S), Then some years ago went to a softer urethane ball with the Duo Professional being my favorite of that category. Now, beginning this season, and at age 65, I've gone to a TM Soft response. Feels fantastic to me. Giving up some greenside spin, but still have a wedge in my backup set that has modified box grooves, so that helps offset that.
What also goes along in this progression is, I may have already posted this somewhere in this thread, but can't remember.

Friday played the Chrome Tour given to my from Ronnie Yin at the LPGA Chevron. Really liked the feel and distance. Was shocked by the distance on 2 holes

Today I'm playing the Crome Tour X from @outlawx! Curious to see if I can tell any differences

Friday played the Chrome Tour given to my from Ronnie Yin at the LPGA Chevron. Really liked the feel and distance. Was shocked by the distance on 2 holes

Today I'm playing the Crome Tour X from @outlawx! Curious to see if I can tell any differences
Ct/ctx have been incredible for me

Hope they work for you!!

Played the Taylor Made distance ball, good distance and dispersion was great.

Played the 23 Chrome Soft and had a nice round. I don't know If I am imagining it or not but I feel like I compress the Q-Star Tour better with my irons. More testing is needed.

Due to my being a moron, I showed up at the course without my bag. Picked up a sleeve of Pro V1X in the pro shop, the only ball they had there that wasn't some garbage distance ball. And this is at a nice course. Blows my mind.
Pro V was very nice. But it just didnt spin off my buddies Paradym smoke irons I was using. It was money off the Jaws raw wedges. Went like a bat out of hell off the Super Hybrid.

Played 3 different balls recently. I liked the Maxfli Tour X and the Vice Pro Plus and I didn't like the new Snell Prime 2.0 nearly as well. It was shorter than the other two and felt kind of dead. I still have a box of the Snell Prime 3.0's left to try. I'm hopeful for those. I'll likely get to those on Tuesday when I play again.

Played on Friday. Front 9 used my go to, Srixon XV. Excellent distance, nice little “tok” off the putter. I’m not one who is bothered by sound or feel by a ball off the putter, but the firmer balls allow me to be aggressive with my stroke versus a softer feeling ball. The softer balls I struggle at first with getting a feel for how much or little to put into my stroke to gauge distance. I can be a little on the low side when it comes to spin off the irons due to my delivery, but I’ve never had any issues holding greens with this ball. Usually find my ball within a pace or two from the pitch mark on my solid strikes.

Back 9, after putting two XV’s out of play on the front 9, I switched to a Pro V I had in the bag. Performed just as solid as the XV, distance was on point and so were approaches. Not really a whole lot separating these two during the round.

Waiting on the balls I’ve been tasked to test, Bridgestone MindSet, to come in. Excited to see what, if any, differences will show throughout the testing process!

I played my second round with the OnCore Elixr as my regular ball. Though I’m still not hitting it as ling with driver as I do with the Avant55, it is about the same with my other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back