What are your goals this year?

David7

Reaction score
Handicap
I had two goals for this season, getting my first par and breaking 120. So far I’ve gotten six pars (three in my last 18 hole round) and have broken 120 twice already (116 both times).

Next year will be for getting my first birdie and breaking 110.

My goal is always to break 80. I’ve only done it 3 times.

Change my body a bit. This is very much golf related. I’ve been dealing with chronic back pain. I’m fully laid up right now. I had to crawl on the floor and use the counter to get myself up earlier. Has to change.

Time to change up the way I train. Not getting any younger, need to put more focus on how I actually feel. I’ve used exercise as a release - and always will - but I’ve beat myself up. It makes it hard to golf how I want. And I’m again probably down for a week or so.

Play at least nine holes per month.

Let's see, there's 22 more weeks left in the year so I'd say allowing for being too hot to play much in August something like 100 more rounds would be reasonable. Maybe 120 if the weather allows.

I’m going to set a handicap goal of 15…. I’ve had a bad year so far, I’m looking at a 20 handicap right now. Last summer I was shooting 87, 88… but I haven’t broken 97 in a couple of months.

By the end of the year, I intend to have the best short game that I have ever had. Be comfortable, be aggressive, and play with confidence.

Outside of that, to keep having fun, playing loose, and start shooting good scores again.

My goal at the start of this year was to work on a repeatable, useful driver swing. I was losing way too many strokes off the tee with penalties. Last year I hardly touched the big stick and really focused on keeping the ball in play... My scores at the start of the year were understandably high, but I feel like I'm finally turning a corner. I want a comfortable 260-270 yard driver off the tee, knowing that I can "go after it" in fun rounds.

It was also a real eye-opener last October during the Morgan Cup at how much I struggled with faster greens. Apparently even on "quick" days up here, they're nowhere near what's normal elsewhere. As result, I've been paying more attention to pace, and re-learning how to read the putting surface.

Just keep having fun and learning more about my game. The handicap goal is in the gunsights, but I’m trying not to make that the sole focus. I just am really enjoying shaking hands with former strangers on the 18th green and hearing “let’s do that again soon”.

My goal is to get my handicap into the 12s. I’m currently sitting at a 13.7

My goal is to play more.

My goal? Not to be a "debbie downer" kind of thing....

Find guys to play a round of golf with. It's rather awkward in that my closest friends don't play golf. :(
And... well... it's equally awkward to randomly show up at a golf course as a "single" and get paired with guys you don't know.

Find guys to play a round of golf with. It's rather awkward in that my closest friends don't play golf. :(
And... well... it's equally awkward to randomly show up at a golf course as a "single" and get paired with guys you don't know.
I actually don’t mind that, but I have the gift of gab and tend to get along with people easy. So long as I don’t have to defend Phil Mickelson 😅

Same as every year... Have fun. Getting better is nice but not a necessity

Stay healthy. Ish. And have fun. Probably the goal this year more than ever with the Morgan Cup.

Don’t know that I’ve actually had a goal this year. Like most, I enjoy the challenge of trying to get better. I have enjoyed the new opportunity to get together with a couple of guys that I had not had contact with in nearly 50 years... and now we pretty much have a weekly game together. I know this will sound morbid to some... but, I’m trying to appreciate each round... and not just take it for granted. We are truly blessed if we have been given the health and opportunity to play this great game.

Don’t know that I’ve actually had a goal this year. Like most, I enjoy the challenge of trying to get better. I have enjoyed the new opportunity to get together with a couple of guys that I had not had contact with in nearly 50 years... and now we pretty much have a weekly game together. I know this will sound morbid to some... but, I’m trying to appreciate each round... and not just take it for granted. We are truly blessed if we have been given the health and opportunity to play this great game.
Amen brother.

I understand where you are coming from. I didn’t mind getting parked up with guys I don’t know. I did it for 3 years before I joined a club again. I never found a group of people to play with regularly. Even though I played the same course pretty much every weekend I never found a group to play with. I really never minded showing up alone. I love to play golf and I met some nice people just no regulars (I did find an electrician which I needed).

I have two goals for this year and they are much lower then I had previously posted. Rediscover confidence in my driver. I am getting closer but not quite there. While not long I used to be a very reliable driver of the ball. I lost that last year but am getting closer. The second is improve my sand game. Right now it is a train wreck. I have had a couple of lessons on it but it isn’t good on the golf course yet.

...The second is improve my sand game. Right now it is a train wreck. I have had a couple of lessons on it but it isn’t good on the golf course yet.
I can relate. I once was “adequate” but, lately it has been a yo-yo experience. Some days ok... others not quite.

I wrote down all my goals at the beginning of the year including golf. Get down to 7.5 handicap. A bit short now, but did record a 3.8 differential. Average 110 driver speed and peaking at 115. On the sim I am hitting those numbers. Last was two golf specific trips. 1 down with THP event. Still looking to get one more in this year.

I posted I wanted to drop strokes lost from 50-100 about 1.2 strokes. I’m more than halfway to that goal. I have another half stroke to go on that one. Partial wedges have been getting better.

I’m adding on get to a 13. It’s summer and I’m sitting at 14.2 from a 17.4 to start the year. That’s the first time I wrote out my handicap improvement on the year. It got me a little pumped up to keep it dropping.

Back