What are you shooting?

MWard

I do not play well with others
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
IMG_9743.jpeg

One of the harder rounds I’ve ever played. 7557, CPO, and maybe 60 degrees.

It’s relatively open off the tee, minus a few holes where you have to just hit a shot. Greens are receptive, and rolling at about 10.5 at best.

How do you think you’re shooting?

handicap is 95, I’m guessing between 90 and 105. If I broke 90 I would feel great.

90ish…

First off, I play the 6400 yard tee.
Probably shoot 85, maybe better, maybe a little worse. Depends on how my chipping and putting is that day.

First off, I play the 6400 yard tee.
Probably shoot 85, maybe better, maybe a little worse. Depends on how my chipping and putting is that day.
I typically do too. It’s wet and grainy Bermuda… aka total *$&#

I’m telling the pro shop that the course record is in danger

I’m telling the pro shop that the course record is in danger
Denzel Washington GIF

At tips at present my goal would be to break 90.

Probably between 90 and 95. If I was playing that distance on a wet day. I would just put it in my head most of the par 4s I would get on in three and one or two putt. I’d use the same strategy on the par 5s though my chances of of getting on in regulation might be better. I rarely 3 putt so it’s doable.

Most days I'm probably somewhere 95-100. I'm more likely to bust 100 than I am to break 90 given how short I hit it.

95-100 for the first time out.

I’d hope to break 95-100 from that distance

94 to shoot my cap. Let’s set the goal at an even 100. Distance will freak me out for a bit and I’ll overswing for a few holes. 10.5 is tough in winter coming from the fuzzy greens around me that roll at what feels like a 5 but I think that’d be a quicker adjustment with some pre round putting. Yeah, 100 seems like a good guess.

I'd probably struggle with the length. I played a 76 rated course this year though and shot 74---though it was playing less than 7500yds

On a good day i could shoot the course rating i think. Which is over my handicap , but if it's first time playing a track...

View attachment 9235823

One of the harder rounds I’ve ever played. 7557, CPO, and maybe 60 degrees.

It’s relatively open off the tee, minus a few holes where you have to just hit a shot. Greens are receptive, and rolling at about 10.5 at best.

How do you think you’re shooting?
I’m in my mid-60s and while I still have good pop for my age, 7500 yards is going to be a problem. There are several holes I just can’t reach in regulation. Looking through the scorecard I suspect this yardage is going to cost me 7-9 strokes.

I’d be happy to break 100. Over the moon to break 90. Hitting hybrids into par 4s doesn’t sound fun tho.

On second thought, I’m shooting the person who makes me play at that yardage.

stephanie ruhle nod GIF by MSNBC

I’m in my mid-60s and while I still have good pop for my age, 7500 yards is going to be a problem. There are several holes I just can’t reach in regulation. Looking through the scorecard I suspect this yardage is going to cost me 7-9 strokes.
Makes you feel better, I didn’t get to 2 holes in regulation either. Mishit off the tee into the wind, 260 approaches. I smoked 3w both times and didn’t touch front edge

Where’s the red tees at?!

I see three truths.

1) I love my driver
2) I love my hybrids
3) This is the internet

Those truths result in a smooth 82 😎

Back