What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the Allman Brothers Band this week, this one had me thinking of our soldiers serving in the Middle East and missing 4th of July celebrations at home. Here's wishing them all well, and thanking them for their incredible service!

Money in the Grave - Drake ft. Rick Ross

Roses - Outkast

Here's one from my Freshman year in high school. Damn I'm getting old, but there sure was a ton of incredible music put out in my teenage years (the first half of the 70s).

Stumbled across this guy a few days ago. All I can say is, wow ... I could listen to this guy play all day.

Jacques Offenbach

Wild party music

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man of the Woods by JT. This album is actually so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to keep the energy up while doing yard work

146456bf4d4b8c4b98277e8baee5bc8c.jpg

The Dan Patrick Show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been listening to a lot of Coheed and Cambria lately on YouTube. I like the music, and the concept, but the jury is still out on whether or not I can grow to like Claudio's voice enough to actually buy their music and put it in my library.

Beethoven: Concerto for Piano and Orchestra no. 4 in G major

Edgy stuff

Beethoven: Concerto for Piano and Orchestra no. 4 in G major

Edgy stuff

If it isn't Ode to Joy Beethoven Symphony No. 9 from Die Hard then I got nothing haha

If it isn't Ode to Joy Beethoven Symphony No. 9 from Die Hard then I got nothing haha
Haha.

There are maybe---some better works out there.

I'll be sure and crank it up next time we tee it up. Maybe his Symphony No. 5

Always a real crowd pleaser ;)

Haha.

There are maybe---some better works out there.

I'll be sure and crank it up next time we tee it up. Maybe his Symphony No. 5

Always a real crowd pleaser ;)

If you've ever experienced the 9th performed live ... it's chills inspiring. Incredible piece of music.

My personal favorite Beethoven symphony has always been #8. Also, very fond of his string quartets.

If you've ever experienced the 9th performed live ... it's chills inspiring. Incredible piece of music.

My personal favorite Beethoven symphony has always been #8. Also, very fond of his string quartets.
I'd like to go to a live performance of really any between No.5-No.9

Locally, options are not nearly as varied as in the bigger cities.

Upcoming performance of Eroica in the near future---just doesn't grab me.

But there is a performance of No. 8 next March---Planning to attend---good experience for the young daughter (and myself).

Upcoming performance of Eroica in the near future---just doesn't grab me.

I saw a ballet company perform this outdoors with the Phoenix botanical garden as their backdrop. Unfortunately it wasn't a live full orchestra , but the setting was ideal.

Locally, options are not nearly as varied as in the bigger cities.

We are lucky in that aspect. When Leonard Slatkin was here seemingly forever, he turned the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra into a world-class organization, and it's continued as such since he left. One season many years ago, they did the entire Beethoven Symphonies cycle, spread throughout the season. It was fantastic to hear all nine performed in one season.

We are lucky in that aspect. When Leonard Slatkin was here seemingly forever, he turned the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra into a world-class organization, and it's continued as such since he left. One season many years ago, they did the entire Beethoven Symphonies cycle, spread throughout the season. It was fantastic to hear all nine performed in one season.
Wow. Pretty impressive!

Our local offerings are good quality---just not as many as you'd find in the largest metropolitan areas.

All the Small Things - Blink 182

Fireman - Lil Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back