What are the Muni's in your area charging these days?

Hmmm think most are in the $50-$70 range if memory serves

Same in that profits from our muni golf courses fund other parkboard programs and that our rates have shot up the past few years. They've also gone up much more frequently than they ever had. Less expensive here than you're paying but it's all relative and we've definately all noticed it.

My 'home course' is the more expensive of our four muni options. Love the course. challenging, in great shape, and rated in the top 10 courses you can play in Missouri, no small feat considering Branson dominates the top half of our list.
As a patron plan member I pay 75% of the senior rates listed - so $23.25 walking/weekdays which is how I play it most of the time.
View attachment 9259277

I also play one of our cheaper options 10-20 times a year. An old Perry Maxwell design, much easier walk, can count on the greens being good.
Also at 75% of the listed senior rates which works out to $17.25 walking/weekdays.
View attachment 9259278
The other two courses are even cheaper but so boring I rarely ever play them
fwiw I can understand bringing in some more money than what the golf itself requires in order to feed "some" things a little. But the extra money they are charging for that stuff is imo too much. I dont recall how much (I was informed at one time many years ago) but its substantial and I just dont feel it is just to bleed the golf community so much. But they dont care that its becoming more and more exclusive or at least more limited for the average joe. My life is hectic for personal reasons and I get we all have our own brands of stresses but one of these days perhaps Ill get to a county board meeting and voice and question things.

Weekends, $63 for 18, includes cart. Weekdays, $29 if walking, $42 riding.

Last year, we signed up for an annual program, unlimited golf, cart, range balls, 7-day access, for $1650 +tax up front That is going up to $2100 +tax when our membership expires. It is the best deal around!
thast something i wish they would do. here. A year fee for unlimited. perhaps two tier, one for weekends and prime times and another for non prime times and days. But knowing this county they would probably want as much a lower end cc in the area.

IMG_1055.png
This is the best kept secret in the Houston area.

$40ish buck to walk 18

Muni here is fair, for the course. I haven't played it in years. It's always busy though. I like thinking that it's an option.

I don't know if it was Covid or inflation in general, but greens fees have gone up a lot. Fortunately, my home course charges $250 a month for unlimited golf along with many other perks (heated bays in winter, grass driving and pitching ranges, free gym, etc.). If I had to pay per round, I would only be able to play a few times a month. The nicer courses in the area charge well over $100, the highest being $165.

The city/county owned courses in the area are around $50 on the weekend it seems.

some of you are luckier than others (including myself) in this regard.
Unfortunately Im not retired (few more years to go so Im still stuck primetimes for the most part. i could sometimes go after work get the late rate but honestly (while I have done it) I get tired. I do walk 95% the time. I like walking and feel i play better though that is what leads to getting tired lol. But at 20 per cart I save a rounds worth every 2.5 times I play.

My local Muni is pretty reasonable for city residents.

18 Holes Monday – Thurs$40.00
18 Holes Friday, Sat, Sun, Holidays$49.00
18 Hole Friday, Sat, Sun, Holidays 12:00$47.00
18 Hole Friday, Sat, Sun, Holidays 3 PM$42.00
18 Hole Senior Monday/ Thursday*$33.00
9 Holes Fri., Sat., Sun., Holiday$26.00
9 Holes Mon- to Thursday$22.00
9 Hole Senior Mon to Thursday*$20.00
18 Holes Junior Weekdays After 11:00 A.M$24.00
9 Holes Junior Weekdays After 11:00 A.M.$17.00
Veteran/Active Duty Mon-Thursday$33.00
18 holes
Veteran/Active Duty Mon-Thursday$20.00
9 Holes
Carts are $15-$22

City of Toronto munis are $31 to $78. The 5 courses vary greatly in location, length, and quality.

$60-$70 riding. With plenty of play as tee times are hard to get.
Prices went up during Covid and never came back down.

$50 with a cart, $25 walking on the weekenda

The 4 courses ran by the city $30-$32 to walk 18, another $15 to ride.

We must all realize the term "expensive" is of course very relative to each person. Im asking cause well...Im actually annoyed my county is up again. weekends....$56 to walk (or 76 to ride) as a resident with the purchased res id. I feel thats a lot.

My county does have pretty good courses but they gotten too greedy and imo its gotten a bit out of hand imo. Increased tee times to 9 mins a few years ago and still upping the fees every year. My issue is that golf does real well in my county (it always has) and the greens fees not only funds all the golf related costs but then also feeds a lot of funds to other avenues of the muni parks department. Imo the parks are for all residences (and even non residences) so I take issue that those who golf have to bare a burden greater than everyone else.

My county is large and does contain a lot of upper middle and upper class wealth in many the areas. But not at all is it the entire county and there are a whole lot of less financially fortunate residents and this cost is pricing avid players of that status out or decreasing the amount of their participation. Its slowly becoming a bit more exclusive in that regard.

Anyway....what are your muni's up to charging these days?
Man, that’s high. Where are you located?

$60-$70 riding. With plenty of play as tee times are hard to get.
Prices went up during Covid and never came back down.
Everyone used Covid as an excuse to jack up prices…. Then realized people would pay it….so they left it that way.

Most of the public courses around here are $55 to walk on the weekend or $75 to ride. Some of the courses that feel they are higher end are around $105.

$80-$90 during the week. $110-$150 weekend with cart. And we are jammed pack sun up to sun down 7 days a week

They raised the prices slightly to get rid of some who struggle to afford it. In hopes of speeding up play

local city courses just went up like $4-5 so like $32-37 for greens fees on weekends

We have very few true municipal courses nearby (town owned and operated).

The few 18 hole Muni’s cost per 18 holes are anywhere between $45 and $55 to walk (non-resident) and add about $20 per person for a cart.

As for courses that are open to the public and not necessarily true muni’s. The costs are anywhere from $65 - $250 per person.

So, it’s no bargain. I belong to a small private 9 hole course that’s a real challenge and in great shape. No tee times, no cart fees, no minimum spend and a fun bunch of members. It’s less expensive for me to play there per year than local public tracks or muni’s

We have some great munis here in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Senior rates are under $50 at almost all of them. One my favorites, Stevens Park, is only $19 to walk.

Type of RateMonday-Friday
Walking/Riding
Senior 62+ (Mon-Fri)
Walking/Riding
Weekends & Holidays
Walking/Riding
Regular (Non-Resident)$60/80$50/70$60/80
Tri-County Resident$35/55$30/50$40/60
City of Charleston Resident$20/40$17/37$25/45

I mostly play weekdays.The course I play regularly I have a senior card which was $225 and I pay $37 with a cart. Most cpurses within about an hour of me are $50 to $80 with a cart.

Back