WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

Because there are no more excuses according to him. He said he feels great. He says his swing is clicking. He says he is ready.

But what else would anybody expect him to say: "My knee still hurst a little, my off-course problems are still in my head, my swing is just not there yet..." He is always very positive before a tournament he enters. All players should be. It'll be interesting to hear what he has to say come Sunday night (or before if he doesn't finish).

But what else would anybody expect him to say: "My knee still hurst a little, my off-course problems are still in my head, my swing is just not there yet..." He is always very positive before a tournament he enters. All players should be. It'll be interesting to hear what he has to say come Sunday night (or before if he doesn't finish).

Don't expect much.

Actually I believe he has done that. He has said "it is what it is". Or that he is not quite 100%.

It won't be caddie. As John Hawkins correctly said last night, the stroke differential would be zero whether Woods had Steve Williams or Zha Zha Gabor as his caddie this week. Caddies get waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit on this board, IMO.

I actually think they're underestimated on this board.

Actually I believe he has done that. He has said "it is what it is". Or that he is not quite 100%.

I thought he said during his press conference that he is healthier than he has been "in years."

I think it totally depends on the player. Some players utilize their caddies a lot, for others it's just a dude carrying their clubs and the yardage book.

Me three, I think caddies deserve way more credit than they get, I think if something bad happens on the course they get more of the brunt and when something good happens they get almost no credit.

I think Tiger's game all depends on his short game. I am just as excited as anyone to see him come back and kick some butt, but in the last year we have seen some great swings by Tiger, only to then see his short game cost him several strokes per round. I really hope to see him sinking some dramatic putts this week, I want to see some fist pumps!

Game Day!

Im going to go in the minority here and I think TW plays well this weekend. Id like to see a comeback of epic proportions for the industry as a whole, but I am not sure I expect that yet. I mean one win does not make a comeback to dominance of course, and I am not sure he gets that here. But I think he plays extremely well and will be in contention.

Id love to see it JB but I have zero faith in Tiger right now. He really needs to show something this weekend. A repeat of last year finishing second to last would not be good for him or the game. It would make for a much more compelling weekend if he did somehow find his game though.

Id love to see it JB but I have zero faith in Tiger right now. He really needs to show something this weekend. A repeat of last year finishing second to last would not be good for him or the game. It would make for a much more compelling weekend if he did somehow find his game though.

I agree. Tiger in contention makes this place go off. I like that. I think he has the potential to play well, especially with that handsome little goattee he's rocking.

I agree. Tiger in contention makes this place go off. I like that. I think he has the potential to play well, especially with that handsome little goattee he's rocking.

He looks like Allakhazam.

Go Westwood.

He looks like Allakhazam.

Go Westwood.

I have no clue who that is, but I believe you. I'm with you, would be nice to see Lee makes some farking putts. That guy from tee to green is a monster. Kind of like the belbs. That must suck.

This is my fav non-major of the year. Brings back lots of memories from when it used to be the world series of golf / nec invitational. My Dad would take me every year on Weds practice day. These experiences is what first hooked me on golf. We'd sit right on the ropes from the 18 green into the tunnel and would just get boxes and boxes of signed golf balls (few yrs before ebay ruined the autograph). The guys were always so nice and talkative with the fans, something I never saw at any Browns / Cavs / Indians games. My fav autograph was from David Duval, he gave me his hat and signed it "from one D.D. to another". Phil spent the most time signing, but I usually enjoyed seeing the 2nd tier guys sign because theyd stay and chat even after all the autographs were written. Yes, Tiger did usually sign in the late 90s, but just those that he could grab as he walked through past the practice greens to the clubhouse.

I have no clue who that is, but I believe you. I'm with you, would be nice to see Lee makes some farking putts. That guy from tee to green is a monster. Kind of like the belbs. That must suck.

He's my favorite swing in golf. The dude gets through the ball with his irons like a monster.

Sorry I meant Jafar

jafar.jpg

I will never ever root for Lee or Monty ever. Once you watch golf coverage in Europe, You would think they believe every American golfer has a 5 handicap. The hate American golfers and they are 100% biased.

Tiger playing well is just good for golf. Regardless of whether you like him or not its just good. At least we know he'll be around come the weekend. Should be interesting to see just how much coverage he gets if hes in the top 25 or the last 10.

For anyone curious:

Live@ coverage starts at 1ET on www.pgatour.com. Golf channel coverage starts @ 2ET.

I will never ever root for Lee or Monty ever. Once you watch golf coverage in Europe, You would think they believe every American golfer has a 5 handicap. The hate American golfers and they are 100% biased.

So you bias yourself against them? Logical stuff there.

They just compare everyone to tiger. And compared to the tiger of old, everyone practically does have a 5 hcp.

Vice versa dude.

They just compare everyone to tiger. And compared to the tiger of old, everyone practically does have a 5 hcp.

Its just like any other patriotism. No different really than Canadians rooting for Mike Weir or Irish rooting for G-Mac or Rory. Im not a guy that does that really, but most golf fans root for their own.

They just compare everyone to tiger. And compared to the tiger of bold, everyone practically does have a 5 hcp.

Im not biased against them. If Lee won the Masters by 3 shots, I wouldn't say something like 'He totally didnt deserve to win it'. I just dont like him.

When I was watching the US Open coverage and British Open Preview in England, They would bring Monty on and all I could here is 'Oh well a European going to win, its obvious.' and 'I dont think there's an American out there that can contend with this group of Europeans.' That's all I heard him say whenever he was talking about the field. It was ridiculous.

Its just like any other patriotism. No different really than Canadians rooting for Mike Weir or Irish rooting for G-Mac or Rory. Im not a guy that does that really, but most golf fans root for their own.

I don't see it that way. Canadians aren't diehard really about mike weir. But to say one colony is 100% biased and hates an entire other colony is completely false.

Back