WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

I bet Titleist loved to see Adam Scott ask DJ to look at his R11 after DJ smashed his drive on 18.

That was pretty funny, even the TV guys were talking about it. BUT just to prove how much your short game can make or break you at any level....DJ bombs his drive....makes bogey....Ryo sprays his drive....then his second....still makes par!:clapp:

I agree that its nice to see Tiger hovering around and at least playing decent. But Tiger was never a decent golfer. He never played -2 and everyone saying how great it was. Tiger was a stone cold killer. He was the guy that was -6 or -8 and then everyone was playing for second place. This Tiger is different. We saw it yesterday. No killer instinct anymore. Just an average to above average PGA player that no one fears anymore. He'll play another round of -1 or -2 each day and then finish with a +2 on the last day and out of contention. He's a shell of the old Tiger.

crazy the only 2 australians (i think) in the field are 1-2 lol

I am looking forward to this afternoon's coverage. Since TW will be done, I think we will get to see the majority of Jason Day's round as well as whomever else is lurking near the top.

TW prediction for today: shoots a 4 under 66 to stay in the hunt but will not be within 5 of the lead heading into the weekend. I think yesterday was a "feeler" round for him and he built some confidence off of it.

I've always liked AS.. Would love to see him put a good string of tournaments together.

You know, it's crazy to think how much a putter can separate the elite from the really, really good. THey didn't show a lot of AS coverage yesterday but when they did, he seemed to be in complete control of his game. He hit some incredible approach shots yesterday and was easily converting. Who knows, maybe this tournament kick starts something for him.

The one thing I haven't heard about Tiger from his first round in this thread is that he was grinding his ass off to make a lot of those pars on the front 9. He looked mentally exhausted after his first round. I think he had to exert far more effort into his -2 round than anyone else under par. I'm very keen to see how he back it up today to be honest. I don't know. It was nice to see him hit some towering iron shots, I do know that much.

crazy the only 2 australians (i think) in the field are 1-2 lol

Close, but I believe Allenby, Appleby, Baddelley and Ogilvy are aussies, appartently you only have to look for the y's lol

I don't care who you are that shot he hit out of the rough on that par 5 was amazing. Fairway wood with a 60 yard cut out of the rough around some trees and over a bunker. Sweet.

I agree that its nice to see Tiger hovering around and at least playing decent. But Tiger was never a decent golfer. He never played -2 and everyone saying how great it was. Tiger was a stone cold killer. He was the guy that was -6 or -8 and then everyone was playing for second place. This Tiger is different. We saw it yesterday. No killer instinct anymore. Just an average to above average PGA player that no one fears anymore. He'll play another round of -1 or -2 each day and then finish with a +2 on the last day and out of contention. He's a shell of the old Tiger.

And you gleaned all of that from watching him play just one round?

Interesting...

I am looking forward to this afternoon's coverage. Since TW will be done, I think we will get to see the majority of Jason Day's round as well as whomever else is lurking near the top.TW prediction for today: shoots a 4 under 66 to stay in the hunt but will not be within 5 of the lead heading into the weekend. I think yesterday was a "feeler" round for him and he built some confidence off of it.

ALL of tw's round will be taped, so you'll see plenty of him today, just not live.

ALL of tw's round will be taped, so you'll see plenty of him today, just not live.

They will show his highlights at the onset of programming and will talk about him through out but I think we will see all the rest that we want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing I haven't heard about Tiger from his first round in this thread is that he was grinding his ass off to make a lot of those pars on the front 9. He looked mentally exhausted after his first round. I think he had to exert far more effort into his -2 round than anyone else under par. I'm very keen to see how he back it up today to be honest. I don't know. It was nice to see him hit some towering iron shots, I do know that much.

I noticed this. He was really pulling out pars from places others were missing birdies. I thought for most of the front 9 it looked like he could lose control easily, but the fact that he didn't might be a good sign for him. Or tell us he carried the luck yesterday. Guess we'll see.

Fowler doing work in the bright yellow!

Back to even par for TW... I guess we will see whats what this round.

TW had some amazing saves to stay even par yesterday on the front 9 and today so far that is catching up to him. +2 through 6 as he has bogeyed the last 2 holes. Scoring is still out there as Watney improves to go -1 for the day and Scott is even par through 4 still in the lead. Lots of red numbers on the board early today.

From shot tracker it looks like on hole 5, TW missed a 2 footer for par.

Actually he probably got this from the last year or two. It was great to see him bomb some shots but he really struggled. I don't believe his score accurately reflected his overall play. Tiger is a shell and proving it today. He needs to drop the stack and tilt so he at least has a chance of saving something.

And you gleaned all of that from watching him play just one round?

Interesting...

TW birdies the long-ish par 5 16th to get back in the red numbers.

TW birdies the long-ish par 5 16th to get back in the red numbers.

Good to see him bounce back from the 2 bogeys. I am so not sure what to expect today

Good to see him bounce back from the 2 bogeys. I am so not sure what to expect today

Fortunately for golf fans, there are 50+ other guys in the field as well. Lots of guys playing great golf.

I wonder how long they would have followed Tiger yesterday if he was bogeying..

Looking forward to coverage this aft.
They would have followed him every shot regardless of how he played.

Is the course expected to be soft all weekend?

TW had some amazing saves to stay even par yesterday on the front 9 and today so far that is catching up to him. +2 through 6 as he has bogeyed the last 2 holes. Scoring is still out there as Watney improves to go -1 for the day and Scott is even par through 4 still in the lead. Lots of red numbers on the board early today.

Fortunately for golf fans, there are 50+ other guys in the field as well. Lots of guys playing great golf.

Very true, but I dont have any TV coverage here so follow blogs, which focus mainly on one guy.

Go Phil!

and Lee!

Ah the Tigger as we know him now. Average golf from an average PGA golfer.

Back