WGC - Bridgestone Invitational [spoilers]

Furyk's shot that hits the pin and then goes into the water (I am assuming) makes me sick at my stomach..

Jim Furyk just absolutely got robbed, his 3rd shot on the par-5 16th hit the flagstick so hard that it ricocheted backwards into the water! He almost jarred it from the fairway, and instead it goes in the water, such a cruel break.

Holy crap Phil went to +1!

man Phil +1 blech

Phil is a mess, Ryan Palmer's driver is a mess, and Ernie's putter is a mess. I also found it odd to call O'Hair a supple man why not say juice like yesterday. Oh and touch break for Furyk hutting the stick and then rolling into the water, that one had to hurt.

Phil is a mess, Ryan Palmer's driver is a mess, and Ernie's putter is a mess. I also found it odd to call O'Hair a supple man why not say juice like yesterday. Oh and touch break for Furyk hutting the stick and then rolling into the water, that one had to hurt.

I can imagine the looks I would get if I told one of my playing partners after he swung how supple he looked!

Today is one of the more difficult days I can recall watching. Tough breaks for everyone it seems.

I feel terrible for Furyk.. Nothing like thinking tap in right before it tags the flag and gets wet... Makes me think of Tin Cup haha! onnnnnnn off.

Mahan is gunning for Ohair!

What is wrong with Els' putting? And Phil is not even close with these iron shots.

Hilarious, Gary McCord tells Nick Faldo that Phil Mickelson would be 3-down to Tiger right now if you looked at their scorecards and played match play for today's round.

Tiger essentially gave Mick the number 1 spot this week and he couldn't take it...he really has given him the spot this entire year. I know TC mentioned earlier in the thread that he was disappointed in Phil for not taking advantage and taking the top spot. I think it would be great if Tiger won next week, but I don't expect that. I also know because of the system Mick may just need a top 10 to become number 1. Right now in my eyes, neither deserve number 1. Give it to Moobs!!! haha

What are your guys thoughts on Phil and the number 1 spot?

I'm loving seeing Mahan and O'Hair on top, both are young guys that have GREAT golf swings that I would take in a heartbeat. Both guys also have the same instructor, Sean Foley.

I don't think Tiger or Phil deserves the number 1 right now. To tell you the truth nobody is standing out.

Fols is gettin a big payday today thats for freakin sure
I'm loving seeing Mahan and O'Hair on top, both are young guys that have GREAT golf swings that I would take in a heartbeat. Both guys also have the same instructor, Sean Foley.

The amount of talking that the commentators have done coupled with the background music -- :bad:

Wow! Mahan just pulled a Tiger!

Wow!!! I'm kind of glad that I haven't been home all weekend to watch this train wreck. Congrats to guys that are playing well.

Serious question for all of the rules people out there: How does Mahan get a free drop out of the flower bushes? It's not like that's an artificial part of the course, like the stands or TV towers or something like that. Shouldn't it be an unplayable lie and a penalty shot, then the drop? I'm confused.

Serious question for all of the rules people out there: How does Mahan get a free drop out of the flower bushes? It's not like that's an artificial part of the course, like the stands or TV towers or something like that. Shouldn't it be an unplayable lie and a penalty shot, then the drop? I'm confused.

If I recall correctly, an unplayable lie does not warrant a penalty stroke. He didn't hit it OB, just into an unplayable lie. Therefore, he gets to drop in the designated drop zone without any penalty. That's my understanding at least.

Back