WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

You guys are going to regret the changes. Just sayin... always happens.

All the talk of which tour is stronger and which is deeper, and how the rankings are flawed, etc... Here is an interesting statistic and maybe it means something, and maybe it doesnt.

The 64-man match play field has 45 PGA Tour members.

It'll be interesting to see if it changes any over the next couple of seasons, with the fields getting stronger on the Euro tour (and if that continues)

Westwood would like to see more 'world' championship events take place outside the US. Another dig or a fair point?

(from BBC)
Having turned down PGA Tour membership, Westwood added that he would like to see more than just one of the World Championship events outside the United States.

"I think there's a bit too much in the United States," he said. "We're trying to push the game around the world and trying to create enthusiasm in places like China and around Asia and South America.

"You ought to take these big tournaments to those places. That would be my only change. I think the formats are great."

It'll be interesting to see if it changes any over the next couple of seasons, with the fields getting stronger on the Euro tour (and if that continues)

Westwood would like to see more 'world' championship events take place outside the US. Another dig or a fair point?

(from BBC)

Absolutely fair point.

From the iPhone.

If anyone finds a site to livestream this please let me know. I hate to miss this because its one of my favorite tourneys of the year.

I am heading out to watch the match play right now. I am going both today and tomorrow. It is easier to watch the weekend on tv since there are so few players left to follow. The Ritz Carlton course is tough on us hackers here in Tucson but watching these guys is awesome. Live from Tucson......!

I am heading out to watch the match play right now. I am going both today and tomorrow. It is easier to watch the weekend on tv since there are so few players left to follow. The Ritz Carlton course is tough on us hackers here in Tucson but watching these guys is awesome. Live from Tucson......!

Nice one. The first day will be a great watch!

Also, I notice Mr IJP is a little bit upset at his early tee time.

LUCKY!!!

Nice one. The first day will be a great watch!

Also, I notice Mr IJP is a little bit upset at his early tee time.

Aww poor #12! Maybe if he was a little better player, like say #2 or #3 he could have gotten a later tee time haha

And I now present you....this week's first place team.

Spoiler
Paul Casey
Rory McIlroy
Steve Stricker
Camilo Villegas
Graeme McDowell
Matt Kuchar
Martin Kaymer
Lee Westwood
Hunter Mahan
Phil Mickelson

The hard part is guessing which one will WD on me this week.

Aww poor #12! Maybe if he was a little better player, like say #2 or #3 he could have gotten a later tee time haha

or if he would un-block you on Twitter. thats where his game started going downhill. Dont mess with the power of OEM. Its nasty!

And I now present you....this week's first place team.

Spoiler
Paul Casey
Rory McIlroy
Steve Stricker
Camilo Villegas
Graeme McDowell
Matt Kuchar
Martin Kaymer
Lee Westwood
Hunter Mahan
Phil Mickelson

The hard part is guessing which one will WD on me this week.

Thats the way to go down the list and pick all the top seeds....haha

NO TIGER????? WOW

Nice picks Jake, but taking Stricker with that cold putter is a bold move. I don't like him this week.

or if he would un-block you on Twitter. thats where his game started going downhill. Dont mess with the power of OEM. Its nasty!

Is he even still #12? He might be #14 by now. I had some great points on twitter on how he could fix his game too. I just dont understand the negative reaction lol

I'm rooting for the "Poultergeist!!"
Simply because I forgot he had such a great nickname.

Man. misread the TV listings last night, still got 2.5 hours till golf is on. Maybe I should just go back to sleep.

Hahahhaahhahahahhahaha.

Is he even still #12? He might be #14 by now. I had some great points on twitter on how he could fix his game too. I just dont understand the negative reaction lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice picks Jake, but taking Stricker with that cold putter is a bold move. I don't like him this week.

He picked him based on the same accent.

1st place baby!!! What is up now!

haha, I'm sure you'd remind him. I keep getting the image of you playing that guy in Happy Gilmore - Hey Poulter! You SUCK! :D

Defending champion out first is a bit strange though.

The people in 90th mustve picked 2 people who play against each other, or picked tim clark

only 99 teams this week? At least I can gain some ground over the people who forgot to pick.

The top 10 of the week:

Graeme McDowell 80
Martin Kaymer 77
Tiger Woods 70
Rory McIlroy 69
Paul Casey 66
Phil Mickelson 51
Ian Poulter 49
Lee Westwood 38

Rickie Fowler 32
Matt Kuchar 28

That is my team, minus Fowler and Kuchar and adding Stricker and Mahan.

Lots of others with double figure picks:

Hunter Mahan 26
Luke Donald 24
Bill Haas 23
Steve Stricker 21
Justin Rose 21
Nick Watney 20
Geoff Ogilvy 20
Ernie Els 18
Charl Schwartzel 18
Retief Goosen 17
Alvaro Quiros 17
Stewart Cink 16
Francesco Molinari 15
Dustin Johnson 13
Anthony Kim 13
Jeff Overton 11

The people in 90th mustve picked 2 people who play against each other, or picked tim clark

only 99 teams this week? At least I can gain some ground over the people who forgot to pick.

They must not have noticed that this thing starts today. Snooze, you lose!

I have 3 picks in the single digits. I have a funny feeling that they will do me VERY well

Matteo Manassero
Ben Crane
Louis Oosthuizen

Alvaro Quiros going all the way...He's already got a win under his belt this year and all he needs is a little momentum from his first match...We'll be watching those side-burns on Sunday!

Back