Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

(y) I live about a mile from Pine Grove. Joined Drumlins last fall and I play in a 9 hole league at Sunset Ridge.

Around the same time I had a membership @ Erie a friend of mine had one @ Sunset Ridge. Played there several times. Haven't in a while but always liked that course. Drumlins is obv. very nice... let me know if you need a 4th ;). There is a very nice lady who lives on one of the holes (private side) and she cleans & sorts all the balls that land in her yard. She sells them for cheap on Craigslist!

Pine Grove is perfect for our league. My Father started it (and he didn't even like golf) as he owned a bar/restaurant not too far away. That was the 19th hole. You can hit it a couple fairways over and still be in play there. A few tricky holes and a couple crazy greens give it a little teeth. The 2 brothers who bought the club a few years ago have put a decent amount of $$ into it and it's improving every year.

Around the same time I had a membership @ Erie a friend of mine had one @ Sunset Ridge. Played there several times. Haven't in a while but always liked that course. Drumlins is obv. very nice... let me know if you need a 4th ;). There is a very nice lady who lives on one of the holes (private side) and she cleans & sorts all the balls that land in her yard. She sells them for cheap on Craigslist!

Pine Grove is perfect for our league. My Father started it (and he didn't even like golf) as he owned a bar/restaurant not too far away. That was the 19th hole. You can hit it a couple fairways over and still be in play there. A few tricky holes and a couple crazy greens give it a little teeth. The 2 brothers who bought the club a few years ago have put a decent amount of $$ into it and it's improving every year.
I like the platform hole over the wetlands at PG. The woman at Drumlins probably sold a few of my errant shots from last fall. :LOL:

I like the platform hole over the wetlands at PG. The woman at Drumlins probably sold a few of my errant shots from last fall. :LOL:

Something about the platform hole and the look from the tee. In actuality it's a relative short par 4 but the visual from the tee is a little nerve racking.

Something about the platform hole and the look from the tee. In actuality it's a relative short par 4 but the visual from the tee is a little nerve racking.
Covered with fairway bunkers and a tree in the middle of fairway

Covered with fairway bunkers and a tree in the middle of fairway

Oh def... I have a hard time hitting any of those tho. I seem to push right near the nice wooded area. I have one buddy who hits a really high fade and sometimes plays it into #8 fairway on purpose. Depending on pin you can have a good look from there.

Awesome weather we are having... had to shovel half a foot of snow this morning.

Awesome weather we are having... had to shovel half a foot of snow this morning.
I woke up yesterday and looked out the window and felt instant anger yesterday lol. Just as some courses said they were aiming to open this week

24 degrees here as I type. No snow though. Nothing like upstate NY in Springtime.

24 degrees here as I type. No snow though. Nothing like upstate NY in Springtime.

16 deg this morning with 2" of snow here. And 67 on Thursday. And as much as I want to skip work and play, I know every course is going to a mudpit.

16 deg this morning with 2" of snow here. And 67 on Thursday. And as much as I want to skip work and play, I know every course is going to a mudpit.

Rain forecasted Thursday into Friday here. It's going to be wet and muddy for awhile here.

9D8E1CC6-ABD2-4EB4-BDC1-C31DCACFF582.jpeg
Pretty much usual March into April. My birthday is Thursday 3/31. I have golfed on my bday before and I have gone skiing on that day as well. HS baseball is supposed to start Saturday.

View attachment 9076802
Pretty much usual March into April. My birthday is Thursday 3/31. I have golfed on my bday before and I have gone skiing on that day as well. HS baseball is supposed to start Saturday.
You going to the Spring game Friday night? I heard Dungey is going to be there.

We have had a few courses open since 3/17 around Rochester (just two I believe with a few more having planned on opening but im not sure this snow helped those plans!)

View attachment 9076802

Our forecast is similar just a little different on the timing of the rain later this week.

Having lived here all my life, I have few expectations about playing golf in March. I’m not going to play in poor conditions just to play. Far too wet here to even consider playing.

Our forecast is similar just a little different on the timing of the rain later this week.

Having lived here all my life, I have few expectations about playing golf in March. I’m not going to play in poor conditions just to play. Far too wet here to even consider playing.

I'm w/ you.. our golf league is scheduled to start on 4/27. Hoping for decent course by then. Usually a little mud to start.

Wasn't planning on it but I do love me some Eric Dungey. He and McNabb are my 2 fav players ever.

Any of you ever go to Lebanon Valley? That is where i grew up. I have not made it back that way in a really long time.

Any of you ever go to Lebanon Valley? That is where i grew up. I have not made it back that way in a really long time.
grew up schenectady, buddy i worked with in albany ran quarters there.

grew up schenectady, buddy i worked with in albany ran quarters there.

My dad worked at the dirt track/drag strip i was there a lot back in the day! My parents had enough snow and that is why i am in AZ!

Basically the same here. I know our course is ready to go and with the greens open not temporary . Hopefully Saturday and Sunday the snow will be gone and the course playable. Its time.

No, not a car racing fan. But I do know where the track is on Route 20.

Nothing like late March/early April in NYS, where you can experience all 4 seasons in less than 4 days.
So much truth. Snow yesterday snow today, 60 + by thursday. 70 a few weekends ago. 50s the days leading into current snow

Jenn’s sisters bf works on and races cars there. I don’t go, not really into that.

Hello old friends, any chance of golf this weekend?

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

Back