Wedges or Putter?

thewilderside

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've got a $360 budget (thanks to a trade-in) to use at Callaway. I originally was all over getting a new putter, but due to some unforeseen circumstances traveling and paying for a fitting is not an option so I'd be rolling some putts with options at LGS and choosing based on that. My other option would be to refresh my wedges. Currently my 54/58 Equalizer could stand to be refreshed. Given those options would you
A) Roll the Ten and Eleven and get whichever felt better
B) Purchase 54 & 58 Jaws Full Toe to refresh the Equalizers?
I'm wildly indecisive so I'm interested what others would recommend

Depends on if the current putter or wedges are working for you. If the putter is good enough and the wedges are no good then wedges. If the wedges still have life in them and the putter is useless then the putter.

I would do wedges personally but I have 4 putters I can cycle through and 3 putt with.

Full toe are soooo good!!! I vote new wedges and a Ten from CPO!

I would do the wedges and wait on the putter.

I'd say replace whichever of your current putter or wedges you like the least.

The Full Toes are insanely good. They have my vote strictly because I don't use a mallet putter so I have zero feedback to help with on those options

I would choose based upon which I think would help me shoot my best scores.

I would choose based upon which I think would help me shoot my best scores.
There's nothing that can fix my golf game, I just like shiny new things :ROFLMAO:

I’d probably go with wedges, but I agree with @Tenputt - go with whichever you feel will help your game.

Go with the putter. The eleven is REALLY good.
This point is for sure true in my view. The Eleven is an improvement over the Ten, imo.

How is your current putter doing?

I absolutely love the Full Toe! Exceptional spin and really versatile around the green. Good leading edge and grinds for full/ 3/4 shots also. I find it is much better in that regard than the old PM Grinds.

If you are giving up a lot of strokes via your putter consider that, otherwise, take new wedges for a spin!

If you visited the LGS and got an idea what putter(s) work for you, then you could browse CPO and maybe get both the wedges (perhaps last year's model) and a putter similar to the one you liked best - in other words if you are ok with previous gen stuff, maybe you can do both?

I'm curious where Jaws Full Toes come in, coming from Equalizers?

If you're happy with your putter(s), I'd go with the new wedges.

Buy used you'll get all 3 clubs Heck I have 2 Cobra wedges with 25 rounds on them and a TM Spider Putter and all 3 for $300. I have em in marketplace but I'm not too good with pictures.

How is your current putter doing?

I absolutely love the Full Toe! Exceptional spin and really versatile around the green. Good leading edge and grinds for full/ 3/4 shots also. I find it is much better in that regard than the old PM Grinds.

If you are giving up a lot of strokes via your putter consider that, otherwise, take new wedges for a spin!
It's up and down, have had some great rounds with it and some not so great. I'm really trying to refine my stroke this year and think I can make it work.

If you visited the LGS and got an idea what putter(s) work for you, then you could browse CPO and maybe get both the wedges (perhaps last year's model) and a putter similar to the one you liked best - in other words if you are ok with previous gen stuff, maybe you can do both?
I was lucky enough to snag a trade-in bonus code so going with new maximizes my trade in. Otherwise would definitely consider that.

Personally the answer is wedges..

I'm curious where Jaws Full Toes come in, coming from Equalizers?
Not sure I 100% understand the question. Basically I used the wedge selector tool on Callaway and it recommended the JAWS Full Toe for me :LOL:

Option B for sure love my full toes i just got.

Not sure I 100% understand the question. Basically I used the wedge selector tool on Callaway and it recommended the JAWS Full Toe for me :LOL:
Well you must have, because you answered it effectively.

And based on that I'm in the putter rolling camp. :LOL:

Based on your situation, get the wedges. Two things I noticed. 1. As you pointed out your wedges are worn out. You're not going to generate the spin you need if that is the case. 2. You can definitely do better than your current wedges. I'm a Vokey guy myself, but Jaws is a significant upgrade if that is what you prefer.

You also didn't make a case for either needing a new putter and given that you won't be fitted, any improvement would be a crap shoot.

I was lucky enough to snag a trade-in bonus code so going with new maximizes my trade in. Otherwise would definitely consider that.
Wedges, then. For me though, I am not a fan (yet) of the full face scoring lines - look odd to me, I prefer the target - conventional look but I seldom hit them full anyway - so that could be a consideration as well. Do your best to spend that $$;)

Back