I stretch and hit balls before every round.

I did it again.....

Do you guys go hit some range balls before your round or do you do some sort of stretching/warm up? I went out yesterday and pulled a pec muscle during my round. I didn't do anything before getting started so I am paying for my mistake!

I stretch and try to hit 15 balls minimum pre round. I also stretch daily, both morning and evening.

Even stretching though will not guarantee not getting injured unfortunately. I have what is called a minor pec strain that I got a few weeks ago while playing and even taking off the last 2 weeks has not helped. Playing several times over the next few days but going to see a massage therapist next week as well to try and get it taken care of.

I usually just head straight to the first tee if i'm playing by myself. If I'm playing with a group I try to get there an hour or so before hand, get some putts in, get some range time in. I always try to stretch for a few minutes and swing a few clubs before I tee it up and take up.

I have a 3-minute stretching routine that I will go through 3-4 times before driving out to course, and then repeat once more prior to teeing off.

I will take several practice swings on the first tee box as well, just to remind myself how to swing a golf club (it's amazing how many little things you need to remember when you have no natural ability to play the game).

I have not found hitting balls prior to starting my round makes any difference to my first hole scores, or my overall scores, so I don't bother.

I'm not sure the stretching really helps my scores either, but I see stretching more as injury prevention than as game improvement.

Back