Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
So I’ve dedicated myself to walking when I play this year. I use to wimp out because my cheap shoes were just uncomfortable after a walk. What shoes have you guys found that do well walking? I’d like them to breathe as because I can’t stand my feet getting hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puma ProAdapt

Puma anything for me.

I have two pairs I go to when walking and it depends on conditions on which one I use.
Puma Fusion Evo if it is dry and Puma Ignite Pwradapt Caged for spikes. My Ecco are comfortable and probably my favorite shoe but I don’t walk in them near as much.

Adidas ZG21 have been good for me!

True Linkswear!

I have some Asics that are pretty good too, and a pair of FootJoy Flex Coastals.

True Linkswear. They are the best shoes I've tried for walking.

Puma ProAdapt
I just bought the Puma LE Arnold Palmer ProAdapts. Only have one round on them so far but they are very comfortable.

Anything with an Adidas boost sole and you’ll be thanking me everytime you walk off the 18th. I walk 95% of the time, and if I don’t have good shoes my feet feel it.

I bought a pair of adidas Solarthon when I started walking and find them extremely soft and comfortable while I"m playing. However by the time I get home I need to get a tennis ball and roll the bottom of my feet. I just picked up some Asics golf shoes, (don't remember their name) and they have much better arch support but aren't as soft. Once I get a chance to play in them I'll post up here again.

I just wear comfortable walking shoes, with a ribbed sole. It's a non golf specific shoe.

I buy them a 1/2 size to big, and put a gel type, soft insole in them. If I'm not wearing them, I'm in a pair of high top tennis shoes.

I have to say most of the golfers I see practicing, and playing are wearing just regular tennis shoes. Most of them are older golfers, so maybe that's the reason. Idk.

Then again, wet playing conditions are not an issue out here in the desert.

Comfort and fit are most important to me. I need a wide width shoe. I'm fine with the Foot Joy Flex.

I think comfort is highly related to fit of the shoe to your foot. I discovered I have a medium foot that is on the narrow side making some shoes slip up and down on my heal. Arch support varies alot by person as well. Currently in the Puma Adapt because it was best fit I could find for my feet.

Skechers Go Golf Torque Sport; most comfortable golf shoes I’ve had.

Last edited:
I have a couple pair of Puma Ignite, and they are like slippers on my feet. I walked approx. 100 rounds last year and absolutely loved them! Had one pair blow out prematurely, however they were promptly replaced under warranty with no issue. Would recommend!

If comfort is the top priority, my FJ Hyperflex Wrapid are awesome (for wide feet especially).

Puma looks great but never fit me. Too tight for my feet

Puma Fasten8

Another vote for True Linkwear. I walk an average of 5 rounds per week and they are easily the best walking shoes I have found. I have 4 pairs I rotate (1 only has about a dozen rounds on them and the other 3 have well over 100 each) with 3 more pairs waiting in the wings.

ECCO's best for me and I only walk if allowed to. Have had ECCO's for close to 10 years. One pair walked like 250 rounds.

Anything with an Adidas boost sole and you’ll be thanking me everytime you walk off the 18th. I walk 95% of the time, and if I don’t have good shoes my feet feel it.
Do they still make the Boost sole? nevermind I am a idiot!!! :)
seems to be in a few of their golf shoes.

The Cuater shoes I wore last year were great. I didn't walk 18 in them but there were times I wore them home without realizing it they were that comfortable.

Last edited:
I’ve never had any issues with the new style FJ Premiers, bad knees and all.

I’ve had probably 80% of the brands and walk 99.9% of all my rounds and everyone’s feet are different so you need to try them on and walk around the store. I am currently wearing Ecco’s and very happy with their comfort and water resistance.

Have been wearing Ecco shoes for about 15 years and still find they fit my feet the best. Have tried others off and on but always come back to Ecco's.

Back