Volvik Vivid and Vivid Combi Golf Balls

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There may be days that it doesn’t seem like it, but golf is meant to be fun. That’s our opinion at least, and fortunately fun can come in many flavors. For some it may be shooting a score. For others it may be connecting with friends. Equipment can certainly add to our enjoyment of the game too, and one of the easiest ways to do that is by picking a unique golf ball.

While it seems every company out there has something “different” these days, South Korea’s Volvik has been an innovator in this space for a long time. Their proprietary V-SF Matte coating brough the world’s first matte-finish golf ball to market, opening the floodgates for the rest of the industry. Still, we’re not sure anybody does matte and bright better than Volvik. We recently took a look at their newest line of Vivid and...

Continue reading...

The vivid part is worrisome on my part as Bridgestone made a ball that looked like it was moving it was so vivid and hard to focus on. Are these more in line color wise with the Divides or brighter?

I played the matte white Vivid this weekend and I really kind of dig it. Low spin off the tee, I drove the ball really well with it. Plenty of holding on the greens with a full swing and it looks great.

IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg

That white looks great!

Great write up @Hawk!

• Staff
The vivid part is worrisome on my part as Bridgestone made a ball that looked like it was moving it was so vivid and hard to focus on. Are these more in line color wise with the Divides or brighter?
The Combis are a little more pastel than the Vivid. I haven't noticed anything like that with the Vivid, but will say that a ST+ laser lights them right up. It's really cool.

Saw a bunch of these at the Chicago Golf Show on Friday. I wish I would have picked some up :(. Great write up @Hawk

I played the matte white Vivid this weekend and I really kind of dig it. Low spin off the tee, I drove the ball really well with it. Plenty of holding on the greens with a full swing and it looks great.

View attachment 9244988

View attachment 9244989
That matte white looks really good. It reminds me of an ice cube or something haha. Just looks cool.

Great article @Hawk ! Although, this ball probably isn't for me, it's great to see the options for different types of golfers.

No problems holding the green with an ionomer cover?
On full swings, this ball spun plenty. I was able to hit a flop shot that @JDax and @Mmaynard11 both saw that just stopped on a dime as well. It is not going to be the quick hop and stop on chips and pitches around the green, but I hit a full 8 iron from 155 that backed up a few feet and a full AW that spun back quite a bit. Another 6 iron from 175 on the 3rd hole ended up in its own pitch mark.

I like these. I dont think I have seen the white version but those look pretty cool. As someone that doesn’t play a bunch of spin, these have worked well for me in the past with previous versions. May go back and play around a bit with these and see.

View attachment 9244988

View attachment 9244989
That is wild, I know they are there but i'm having a hard time seeing the dimples.

The matte version look really good in person. They perform quite well as @JB mentioned. He was getting good interaction greenside with these albeit with softer greens. Sound off the driver and irons was good and lower pitched from being a bystander. I would game them especially for being a 2 piece ball.

View attachment 9244988

View attachment 9244989
How "White"or "Clean" did the ball stay at the end of your round?
My experience with other White Matte golf balls is that get Dirty and Gray pretty quickly.

That's a great write up. Lots of options in this space, I'm glad they are innovating and hopefully making some moves.

That is wild, I know they are there but i'm having a hard time seeing the dimples.
Here is one I just edited to turn definition up so you could see them.

IMG_2266.jpeg

How "White"or "Clean" did the ball stay at the end of your round?
My experience with other White Matte golf balls is that get Dirty and Gray pretty quickly.
I played the same ball for the last 15 holes and didn’t really have an issue. The one photographed above is that ball, and it hasn’t been cleaned

Fun updates to them. My wife and a couple others I know really like these, and I think they're a lot of fun. And easy for me to spot. I like that they come in variety boxes because it seems certain colors are lucky at certain times. Lol

The matte version look really good in person. They perform quite well as @JB mentioned. He was getting good interaction greenside with these albeit with softer greens. Sound off the driver and irons was good and lower pitched from being a bystander. I would game them especially for being a 2 piece ball.
Are they 2 piece or 3 piece? The front of the box on the previous version noted that it was a "3 piece premium ball".
Wasn't sure if they made it a 2 piece for 2024 - Can't find the back of the box anywhere.
@Hawk - Got the back of the box you could post?

Not a ball I would ever play but they sell pretty good..

Yeah this was my thought too. Quick scroll and I thought it was a ping pong ball. They definitely have the interesting design category locked up. Some of their options look pretty fun. I’m not a fan of the sound and feel so not for me but plenty of people I see like and use them.

Great article @Hawk

I love everything about these, and really like Volvik as a brand. Love that they are expanding their offerings, these look fantastic.

Good stuff Hawk! Golf is meant to be fun, and these are definitely fun visually!

Are they 2 piece or 3 piece? The front of the box on the previous version noted that it was a "3 piece premium ball".
Wasn't sure if they made it a 2 piece for 2024 - Can't find the back of the box anywhere.
@Hawk - Got the back of the box you could post?
IMG_9065.jpegIMG_9066.jpeg

Back