Visor with a high crown

EJ333

Reaction score
Handicap
I like to wear a white visor (regular size ) when playing on warm days. Nike visor with a simple small "Swoosh ". Do visors with a high crown look better on most guys ? Do you think the large lettering on these tour type visors make it too gaudy, or does it look more pro in your opinion ?

Like any hat, different shapes and sizes suit different head shapes better than others. Think guys like Keegan and Phil can pull these off well, though I can't see someone like Adam Scott sporting one.

If you can pull it off, I think it adds a cool ventage look on the course. As for being too, "pro", I don't see it, I don't think there is anything clothing wise that looks too, "pro'.

I do not care for them very much.

ghost hit it on the head,,,I have seem some guys that have small heads and those hats just look way to big for them, I guess it matters on how it fits you and how you feel with wearing it, and for being to pro like ghost said I don;t see it being to pro, most of them look nice either way

I like the high crown visor, but i also have a bigger head and a lot of hair. I like the vintage look they give off, and they fit me better than a hat. I really like the Titleist Tour Visor. That's my choice of all the high crown visors I have tried.

I'm not a fan of visors but if I had to choose I'd prefer a smaller visor. I think the high visors look weird. You may as well wear a hat.

i'm a smaller visor kinda guy...ie ian poulter style. i have taylormade and titleist visors...the larger ones don't look right on someone that's 6'3" i don't think...just makes it look like you're THAT much taller

I like to wear the high crown old school visors. I have a TM one now, but have been pondering a Callaway one. The Ping "Bubba" style versions are really hard to find.

I like to wear the high crown old school visors. I have a TM one now, but have been pondering a Callaway one. The Ping "Bubba" style versions are really hard to find.

Do you happen to remember where you got the TM visor?

I've been looking to get a Taylormade one in Canada, But can't find any!!!!!

I have 2 TaylorMade R11/Penta ones, and they're pretty nice. I prefer the "Ian Poulter style" over the "Keegan Bradley style" as well.

Last edited:
I have 2 TaylorMade R11/Penta ones, and they're pretty nice. I prefer the "Ian Poulter style" over the "Keegan Bradley style" as well.

Where did you get them!? I see your from B.C.

Where did you get them!? I see your from B.C.

I got them from Golf Town! They have a separate part for visors, usually on the far end of the hat wall. But that's only in the ones I've been to, which are the Richmond and Victoria ones. You can always ask one of the people in the apparel department to order them in for you, they'll probably do it free of charge if they have none in stock.

I got them from Golf Town! They have a separate part for visors, usually on the far end of the hat wall. But that's only in the ones I've been to, which are the Richmond and Victoria ones. You can always ask one of the people in the apparel department to order them in for you, they'll probably do it free of charge if they have none in stock.

Sweet thanks my man, I will have to do that then. I was at Langley's and Kelowna's and they had like no Visors other then the tiny Callaways

They sell quick! Just so you know the GolfTown's in BC normally get the new stuff around 3 months later then in the US (which is pretty good considering it was a year wait back in 2009/2010) so we won't be getting the RBZ ones or the R11s/RBZ ones for another couple months. They might be able to take a pre-order? I've never done that for apparel before so I wouldn't know.

I prefer the Bradley style over the Poulter style of visor. It just has to do with the way I look with it on. I look great in both, but the Large Visor just suits my eye a lot better.

I prefer the smaller crown visors myself but have a couple high ones for those old school days

I prefer the larger ones as well, but that's because I have a big head and fair skin and light eyes. The extra size provides better protection for both the fact and eyes. You can see in my avatar how small a normal ball cap is on my head.

The only ones I've been able to get my hands on are from Bridgestone. Everyone else seems to only make them available to the tour pros.

I really wanted a TaylorMade visor with a high crown, but couldn't find any. All I could find was Ping and Bridgestone, so I picked up the Bridgestone since I play the E6.

I prefer the larger ones as well, but that's because I have a big head and fair skin and light eyes. The extra size provides better protection for both the fact and eyes. You can see in my avatar how small a normal ball cap is on my head.

The only ones I've been able to get my hands on are from Bridgestone. Everyone else seems to only make them available to the tour pros.

I own a Titleist one and I have seen several other brands at the PGA SS.

Different strokes....

As far as I'm concerned those high crown visors are as goofy looking as the Puma flat brim hats.

I like the Bridgestone visors. The crown is higher than standard visors, but doesn't seem as tall as the Ping visor. Even on TV, the Ping visors look too tall.

Im looking for the high crown visor that Pat Perez is sporting today at the PGA. Adidas logo on the front with R11s on the side.

I feel that you have to have an epic head of hair to pull it off. I have a small head and iffy hair, so I'm just jelly.

Back