Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

Played 18 with one of the X3 balls yesterday and performed great. The ball felt good off every club, flew as straight as my swing would let it and durability was awesome. After 18 holes, there were only 2 scuff marks.... and I used my wedges a lot yesterday. When my test pack runs out, I'll defiantly be looking to get more of these baby's.

Played 18 with one of the X3 balls yesterday and performed great. The ball felt good off every club, flew as straight as my swing would let it and durability was awesome. After 18 holes, there were only 2 scuff marks.... and I used my wedges a lot yesterday. When my test pack runs out, I'll defiantly be looking to get more of these baby's.

The X3 balls are like the energizer bunny. They just keep on going and going and going! They are straight off the tee, have awesome green side manners, a dream to putt with, and just a great all around ball. If you have not tried them yet, you are missing out on some cool performance!

used some X3 and some Gels the other day i am really impressed with how durable they are. used the one for a couple rounds and it looks brand new. especially the Gel Balls.

"Toad: GOTTA let us know how that FANTOM hits."
I sure will, After my unboxing I tried to find someone else who had gotten one but couldn't find a review. So i guess that leaves it up to me :laugh:!

I played the UV X3 and Pinky yesterday. I lost one UV in the water or the tall matted grass on the edge of the pond. I actually skipped pinky across the same pond on a bladed approach shot and founde her buried in the bank.

Both balls felt great off my irons and wedges, Pinky felt a little softer and didn't carry quite as far as the UV X3. Pinky rolled out more for me coming into the greens than the UV did with anything less than a 6i. The UV stuck with all short irons and wedge shots. I did hit and stick pinky on a 110yd tee shot with my AW.

Pinky felt soft off the driver, but my driver wasn't very consistent. On my one good hit with pinky off the tee it went dead straight with good distance, couldn't tell how much roll out i got as it was on a fair way that drops off at about 220-240yds out.

I wish I had a better review for everybody, but I couldn't seem to put the same stroke on different balls at the same time.

Today's round 45 front and 48 back for a 93 my best score yet. I contribute this to much better ball striking through hard work, the golftec advise, plus concentrating on striking the vision balls well.

Here it goes-
Pinky
Hole
1- 190yd 6i that landed shot of the green and rolled across the left side of the green.
2- 160yd 8i into green bounced back 6in from pitch mark.
3-230yd drive, 40 yd Flop shot thru a tree stuck the green to with in 6ft.
4-180yd 4i, 30 yd flop shot that hopped and stopped.
5-5wd into the tree line.
6 topped it off the tee. Then nothing spectacular.
7- terrible hole
8-250 yd drive down the middle with driver, 220 yd 5wd short of the green, rolled approach to the back of the green.
9- pulled 4i left of green and off the black top cart path leading to the driving range.

UV X3-
1- good tee shot- lost it in the water or tall grass looked for awhile grr
2- 60 yd approach with AW over shot the pin by 7yds or so ball was two feet past the pitch mark.
3-250yd drive(20yds past pinky), 110 AW shot landed short of the green and rolled 10 ft to two foot on the green.
4-220 5wd off the tee down the middle, 150yd easy choked down 8i into green rolled out 10ft.
5- 200yd 5wd off the tee in to a tree, sat on the gravel cart path, 170yd 7i into the green hit and stuck.
6- bad hole no good feed back.
7- pulled off the tee box pin high but 30yds left of the green found in the woods.
8-terribly short drive 200yd low ball flight but straight draw off the 5wd from the fairway into the rough.
9- 4i off the tee about 200 yds over shot the pin and rolled to back of the green, shot cut through the wind better than expected.

Lost my 2nd UV X3 on 10 after a blistering drive that was dead straight but not down the fairway. Looked for it and even asked the guys on the fairway of 1 if they saw it but no luck. Played rest of round with pinky.

The back 9 I played with only pinky and had pretty much the same results as the front 9. I didn’t keep hole by hole account as the course traffic was picking up.

Over all impression for Pinky and the UV X3 both balls are straight but workable. I did manage some draws and fade with both balls off my irons and 5wd. The UV X3 stopped much easier for me on short chips, I was able to get Pinky to hit and stop occasionally when chipping or hitting a flop, its not a major issue just have to play the ball differently around the green. Full and 3/4 swings with the PW an AW I was able to get them both to sick with out any extra effort.

Irons- into the greens, anything from a 6i on down I was able to get both balls to hit and stick less than 2ft from their respective pitch marks. Both balls feel great off my irons, the UV X3 seemed to come off hotter and carry a few more yards than Pinky did.

5wd- Pinky felt softer than the UV X3. Pinky was probably 20yds shorter off the tee than the X3 for me and 15-20yds shorter off the fairway.

Driver-Pinky again was softer and 20-40 yds shorter. Both balls flew straight unless my swing was really bad which was usually a hook for me today.

Putting- The UV X3 was hotter off the face, both balls rolled very true and I was good (for me) with either ball. I did lots of lag putting today as I was going more for the green and not pin hunting.

Overall I could Game both balls, UV X3 would be my preference because it is longer for me and is also easier to get stop when I am around the greens. Pinky is a great ball as well just needs to be played differently around the greens for me. These balls hold up fantastic, compared to some other balls I have played. Pinky has about 27 holes on it and only a minor scuff from the cart path, I bounced both balls off trees and gravel cart paths and not a mark on them. I also seem to be exerting plenty of spin on then with my irons and wedges haven’t chewed them up yet.

Glove- I like the feel of the glove and the little bumps on it definitely stick to my grips well. If you are a glove person I would definitely say give this one a shot.

I Apologize for this being so long, but I wanted to get my thoughts down well. Next time out I will give two more balls a shot as long as I can get out before my outing next Friday.

Glad to enjoyed it Golfin,

the X3 series is great and I'm glad pinky worked out well for you! It just wasn't the ball for me but I still have them.

I haven't posted many results, I know, but I have been playing mostly VISION balls my last four or five rounds. The ONLY ball I haven't tried is PINKY and that will change tomorrow when I play with DD, OG and MaryC. I have a bit of a dilemma because I like the X3 off my irons but the 808 off my old F Speed Cobra driver. It's just a feel thing. I know that after my slight change in wedge set-up/swing, these things stick like glue to greens.

Still more to come.....

I haven't posted many results, I know, but I have been playing mostly VISION balls my last four or five rounds. The ONLY ball I haven't tried is PINKY and that will change tomorrow when I play with DD, OG and MaryC. I have a bit of a dilemma because I like the X3 off my irons but the 808 off my old F Speed Cobra driver. It's just a feel thing. I know that after my slight change in wedge set-up/swing, these things stick like glue to greens.

Still more to come.....

Lake Jonesco's greens will be a great test for Pinky, those greens can be very hard to get the ball to hold on right now.

Looking back at all of my testing and what I still have to come I figured I could give a full review on Vision Golf along with their products.

Initial feelings-
When being slected to test Vision Golf balls I was very nervous but knew it was hard work but fun work at the same time. Testing golf balls is a vital part of golf because you use the golf ball on every shot and is needed every time you step onto the course. So once I received my initial package I was given 1 X3, 1 UVX3, 1 808 prototype, and 3 Gel sereis(1 blue, crystal, pink) and I knew looking at the dimples of the X3 it would be a different ball but I was mistaken once out on the course. Taking pictures and seeing what everyone received was great fun and was thrilled to be apart of that.

Appearance- A
Now this is the best part of Vision golf and is what they are known for. Besides the performance of Vision Golf balls the appearance of all of the balls is easily what every tester loved about the balls. The "Vision" logo on the ball was used as a putting aide and man didn't it kick serious butt. It made lining up putts so easy because of how thick/big the font is on the ball. Then we have the numbers and while I never really had to use these it was still something you could easily identify which ball was yours and which wasn't. Across the board this was easily the thing I like about Vision Golf balls.

Distance- B+
Overall every single ball had the same type of distance but I did see a difference from the gel series to the X3 series. Since the X3 series plays more like a premium ball. The ball flight was very pleasing and the way I swing/my ball flight I would say is mid to high and these stayed right with it so it was nothing I hadn't already seen. The side spin wasn't a difference at all for any balls from Vision. If anything it was less than the competition Vision is facing and I was pleased to see no differences.

Spin- B+
A B+ may be an unfair grade but I don't exactly know what to give this because I was pleased with the greenside spin. It always managed to stay within 2-3 feet of the divot from fairway to green it always stayed there. Which is fine with me and of course it could be my swing and how little spin I produce but I would still liek to find a ball where I can get it to really back up. Maybe something that could be improved but really I never had a problem with it as I'm sure others didn't.

Durability- A
Another great part about these golf balls was that these balls hold up from cart path skips to the wedge game. Now I have never been one who scuffs up balls because of my wedges(I know JB has this problem with some balls) but I can say with my wedge game it has been fine by me. It was very hard to scuff up these balls and if anything it was a small scuff so nothing to really be worried about. I loved the durability overall and it is in the top three reasons of why I love Vision Golf balls.

Customer Service- A+++
I think every tester who bought extra test packages can all agree this is the number one reason of why Vision Golf deserves to be a success and why they are. Wayne from Vision has done nothing but please its customers and boy let me tell you they have done nothing but done their job to the fullest extent. They have done nothing but please me in every way from getting the package here fast(3 days from Australia to Delaware? Seriously? Crazy good!) it is just great what Wayne has going and it should never change. It shows from product to the person running the company that everything is great.

Overall Experience- A+
Now Vision has sold me as a customer and will continue to do reviews for Vision well after this testing has ended I just love their products. They have a great ball and the customer service is something other companies strive for. They should be jealous honestly because what Vision has for is something some companies(even non golf related) may never have and I have been honored to have been chosen to test this golf balls. I can honestly say I can't wait for what Vision brings out next as I will be the first in line.

Just ordered a test pilot pack, can't wait for it to show up!

played chip and putt today with the gel balls played well with them. then went to work on my chipping drained 3 50' chips in a row with them letting them run down to the hole. once you realize how these ball run out on you its great to watch them roll right down into the cup. i couldn't even believe i drained the second one let alone the 3rd. i only have 3 of the gel left and they are finally starting to show a little wear but they lasted a long time. now to move on to the X3 and UV X3 which i think i'm gonna like more than the gel balls.

Recently I contacted Boz about ordering a couple dozen of the UV-X3 balls because I liked them so much and mine were about gone, and also I wanted to try a couple of the 808's. Well, the package arrived today and I have to say that once again I'm totally blown away again by the fantastic customer service. Boz continues to go over the top in treating us THP'ers like VIP's! Vision balls will have a place in my bag for many years to come. I would use the balls based on their merits alone, but the wonderful, always first class, service provided by Boz and Vision Golf ET Al, puts them way over the top! I'll take a picture of the what all I got tomorrow and post it here.

Got out and played 18 again today on a course I had only played once last year. I played the Fantom, X808 and Gel, unfortunateley the gell only lasted a few holes before i lost it after Blade-ing a 4i off the tee into some tall grass. The Fantom last full 16 holes and was lost on the 17th rough, the X808 made it all 18 holes.

Let me start by saying my ball striking was not fantastic today(actually pretty bad). The weather was in the 60's with high humidity.

Driver-The X808 and the Fantom were great of the driver with no noticeable difference in length for me both balls were straight as well. Both balls had a nice crack sound to them off my R9. The fantom seemed to have a higher ball flight but no real distance gains or losses(could of been my swing on a couple tee shots).

5wd -both balls came off with a nice crack and good ball flight and soft landing they rolled out when I wanted and stayed on the fairway when I needed. I was able to keep the X808 down on the 17th to get under a tree and drew nicely back to the green and rolled to with in 6ft of the pin(226yds).

irons- The Fantom seemed to be a little shorter but my iron striking was off most of the day. The X808 when struck well into a green ended up 5-10ft past my pitch mark on what looked to be one big hop. The fantom i left short on a couple greens and got some to roll on others stuck.

Chipping/flop- the X808 didn't roll out as much on the same type shot for me as the fantom. Played a couple flop shots and the X808 was easy to get to sit down, the Fantom I had a little more trouble with but was not uncontrollable. I could also get both balls to roll out when needed on flops.

Putting- the X808 seemed to jump off my Ping Xing putter, which left me long on a couple putts or short as i had trouble dialing it in. The fantom was nice and smooth off the putter for me and I was able to judge the distance a little better with it today.

The X808 was definitely easy to find in the rough and still looks like new after 18 holes.

The fantom looked very good after 16 holes, lost it on the 17th in the rough.

Once again I am thoroughly impressed with the durability of these balls.

Unfortunately I wont be able to get them on a launch monitor for a couple weeks as the closest one to me doesn't have it set up yet.(it's at a local course and they only have t set up for the off season).

Got out and played 18 again today on a course I had only played once last year. I played the Fantom, X808 and Gel, unfortunateley the gell only lasted a few holes before i lost it after Blade-ing a 4i off the tee into some tall grass. The Fantom last full 16 holes and was lost on the 17th rough, the X808 made it all 18 holes.

Let me start by saying my ball striking was not fantastic today(actually pretty bad). The weather was in the 60's with high humidity.

Driver-The X808 and the Fantom were great of the driver with no noticeable difference in length for me both balls were straight as well. Both balls had a nice crack sound to them off my R9. The fantom seemed to have a higher ball flight but no real distance gains or losses(could of been my swing on a couple tee shots).

5wd -both balls came off with a nice crack and good ball flight and soft landing they rolled out when I wanted and stayed on the fairway when I needed. I was able to keep the X808 down on the 17th to get under a tree and drew nicely back to the green and rolled to with in 6ft of the pin(226yds).

irons- The Fantom seemed to be a little shorter but my iron striking was off most of the day. The X808 when struck well into a green ended up 5-10ft past my pitch mark on what looked to be one big hop. The fantom i left short on a couple greens and got some to roll on others stuck.

Chipping/flop- the X808 didn't roll out as much on the same type shot for me as the fantom. Played a couple flop shots and the X808 was easy to get to sit down, the Fantom I had a little more trouble with but was not uncontrollable. I could also get both balls to roll out when needed on flops.

Putting- the X808 seemed to jump off my Ping Xing putter, which left me long on a couple putts or short as i had trouble dialing it in. The fantom was nice and smooth off the putter for me and I was able to judge the distance a little better with it today.

The X808 was definitely easy to find in the rough and still looks like new after 18 holes.

The fantom looked very good after 16 holes, lost it on the 17th in the rough.

Once again I am thoroughly impressed with the durability of these balls.

Unfortunately I wont be able to get them on a launch monitor for a couple weeks as the closest one to me doesn't have it set up yet.(it's at a local course and they only have t set up for the off season).

Golfin - I enjoyed your writeup and the comment about these being durable is not a joke. They hang in there with with any on the market and you just about can't wear them out.

golfin,
nice writeup. I love these balls. They really are extremely durable and Im glad you are liking these as well.

Here's the goods
P9200467.jpg

P9200469.jpg

Enjoy your test pack, I'm sure you'll love them and become a believer along with the rest of us!!

Enjoy your test pack, I'm sure you'll love them and become a believer along with the rest of us!!

This is my second pack, I'm already a believer. I was just looking to pick up a few dozen of the uv-x3 balls, and Boz threw in all the extra goodies. First class service all the way!

This is my second pack, I'm already a believer. I was just looking to pick up a few dozen of the uv-x3 balls, and Boz threw in all the extra goodies. First class service all the way!

Very nice... can't beat some extra goodies!!!!

Ole Gray and TexasHacker34, Thanks it means alot coming from the two of you who have been around here for quite sometime. I tried to follow the outline of what was posted in the THP Review thread and what others have done. I hope my reviews have been helpful to others who have thought about giving these balls a shot. I also help these review help Boz continue to make great balls.

BamBooBender, I am glad to see you have found the ball for you in Boz's line up of balls and you are absolutely correct Boz's customer service is absolutely the best of any business.

Hi Guys, thanks for the updated reviews as the information is really helpful in guiding my current design work.
The amount of practical details that you have all given me here and by PM has been greatly appreciated.

Yes I was going through my storage boxes the other day and found some interesting gear from my days
working with the Acushnet Company (Titleist /Footjoy/Pinnacle) which I am happy to pass on in my packs
as I know my type of players really appreciate getting items that are not really out there in the market.

Cheers, Boz.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, thanks for the updated reviews as the information is really helpful in guiding my current design work.
The amount of practical details that you have all given me here and by PM has been greatly appreciated.

Yes I was going through my storage boxes the other day and found some interesting gear from my days
working with the Acushnet Company (Titleist /Footjoy/Pinnacle) which I am happy to pass on in my packs
as I know my type of players really apprecaite getting items that are not really out there in the market.

Cheers, Boz.

No problem Boz, I can't wait to try out the 808's, thanks again! I hope I can get a few more rounds in before the weather gets too bad.

Here's another example of Boz's fine work (and quirky design detail...). This is the infamous (well in Australian Visioni circles) Blue Drop Bear Ball. There is apparently a pink version also. Was a trial ball from what I believe and forms a chassis for some upcoming developments. Boz might be able to elaborate more. For me, it's one of the rare 'keepers' that doesn't make it's way out to the course... :)

c561fc8e74bb5791d0f2fee4c5232524.jpg

Back