Vinyl Collectors?

Jman;n8346501 said:
Joined ‘Vinyl Me, Please’ which is monthly and has some really cool remasters and represses.

First one out that got me to jump in is the Van Morrison album ‘Veedon Fleece’ which as a Van Fan is so very criminally underrated and under appreciated.

I’ll be talking to myself more and more in here as the vinyl collecting is back for me in 2019.

I'm into vinyl... modest collection of about 500 LP's. Mostly audiophile stuff but most of it is really good. I prefer Bop and Hard Bop jazz from the 50's and 60's. I have a good classical collection of RCA shaded dogs, Mercury, Decca, etc. Lots of MoFi's, Analogue Productions, Music Matters (Blue Note), and so forth. It's much harder to find classic Rock records that sound good but they are out there.

I have two systems setup in the house for vinyl. The one pictured below is the main system.
ipwHIS8.jpg

Love the orbit, had it a couple years now. running through the pluto and some klipsch sixes. Not quite brassie's set up but gets the job done. 100 or so LPs from all different things.
I find myself drawn to OSTs the most. The atomic blonde and blade runner 2049 are some recent additions.

Just built a cheap vinyl set-up in my office and am now building a vinyl & turntable stand. Mostly listen to jazz, 80's, soundtracks & 70's pop/rock.

Moving house on Friday , so the turntable ,amp, speakers from c.1982 need to checked out. Will they still work, having sat idle for 10 years. Much to my wife's disgust, I got them working again. The Kef speakers are still beautiful so the 100+ 1970's/80's records are hitting the waves. Gerry Rafferty is singing as I type, with Avalon by Roxy Music waiting to be played. Joan Armatrading is on the watch list, and Pink Floyd,Dire Straits, Caravan and Family to follow.

So far so good with very few scratches.

I’ve been back in the swing with my collection the past couple weeks. For mental rest I’ve started doing at least 30 minutes a night just listening to pieces from my collection. It’s relaxing for the mind.

Also have picked up some modern releases on vinyl as well as some nice compilation albums (the Guardians of the Galaxy volumes are nostalgia defined).

The ELAC’s are amazing too by the way. Theve broken in and are fantastic for my space. Thanks for that recommendation @tahoebum!

Target is carrying a decent selection of reissues, I was impressed yesterday.

Grabbed the Beatles White Album and Sgt. Peppers so I can stop putting my originals on the turntable, particularly the White album.

Also grabbed the Journey greatest hits for s***s any giggles....and maybe some Tswizzle too. Don’t hate. Hahaha

I FINALLY got around to ordering a turntable last week. Set it up on Monday and having been spinning a few albums each day.

I landed on the Crosley C100 after seeing most reviews were extremely positive. At only $150 I cannot complain. At the very least this will last me a few years before I decide to upgrade.

My humble listening corner in my office.

IMG_8387.JPG

Love the orbit, had it a couple years now. running through the pluto and some klipsch sixes. Not quite brassie's set up but gets the job done. 100 or so LPs from all different things.
I find myself drawn to OSTs the most. The atomic blonde and blade runner 2049 are some recent additions.
IMG_20200112_082807.jpg

^^ How's the Garth Brooks Legacy Collection? It's only $30 on Amazon, I'm considering a purchase.

Added some vintage Van Morrison ive been hinting for this week. Excited to get them in.

I've got a couple hundred LPs and still have a turntable hooked up to my audio system to play them.
I didn't hate CDs either, but now those are gone too.
I don't do downloading. I'm too old for that, and I don't like modern music anyway.

98% of my audio system's work is providing sound for the 70" TV, though.
I have huge, floorstanding JBLs for that.
I don't listen to music as much as I used to.

My son collects vinyl, so I usually get him an album for his birthday and Christmas.

Just ordered the following (new) from ebay:

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Jason Isbell - Southeastern
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - ...And Justice for All

Added some vintage Van Morrison ive been hinting for this week. Excited to get them in.

Which ones? Astral Weeks is my absolute favorite.

In that same vein, Nick Drake is great, and I would recommend adding to your collection.

Have somewhere just north of 500. I like vinyl very much.

I have some Bang and Olufsen speakers (old but incredible sound) a receiver and a turntable( which i may have to replace). Coming across fhis thread reminds me of how great it was to sit back and listen to an album. I have a lot of great albums including some that were released as original master recordings
. If these are still availabe try to pick one up they sound incredible. Not a big Supertramp fan but “Crime of the Century” on a nice set of speakers sounds amazing, George Bensons “Breezin” album as well really shows what the speakers can do. Got some time now that my office is basically shut down. Time to get the stereo going and listen to some great classic albums.

Last edited:
I wish I still had my collection of vinyl. It disappeared when my mom passed away several years ago. I had the entire Beatles collection, all original, Hendrix, Joplin, Kansas, Styx, Boston, ELO, too much to list here. I had about 100 LP's and 200 45's. Miss those things. My favorites were my Rush albums. I had everything up to Exit Stage Left. Oh well. I only have 3 now. Good ones though:

Kiss Alive II
AC/DC-Back in Black
Judas Priest- British Steel

They're all still in plastic. I'd get back into it but there are other hobbies (golf, guitars) that I want to spend money on. :p So I'll live vicariously through guys and days of my youth. 🙌

0744566B-4BCA-4921-86CD-1068F36C5D8D.jpeg

I have less than a handful around here somewhere.

I used to have an amazing collection, a little over 500. They got stolen 12 years ago. I grew up on underground hardcore and punk stuff... vinyl was all the rage then, making vinyl is WAY cheaper for DIY bands.

I was HUGE into collecting. The trend in this style of music was to release different variants/colors for each album. My favorite band of time was called have heart, they only had two albums out and a few 7”. I had over 45 records from them in total, and even a few test presses. Breaks my heart that they are all gone.

I have a couple hundred now. I’ve had to pay good money for some of the records I had before.... I’m talking $150-$200 bucks for one record because they are so rare.

I used to have an amazing collection, a little over 500. They got stolen 12 years ago. I grew up on underground hardcore and punk stuff... vinyl was all the rage then, making vinyl is WAY cheaper for DIY bands.

I was HUGE into collecting. The trend in this style of music was to release different variants/colors for each album. My favorite band of time was called have heart, they only had two albums out and a few 7”. I had over 45 records from them in total, and even a few test presses. Breaks my heart that they are all gone.

I have a couple hundred now. I’ve had to pay good money for some of the records I had before.... I’m talking $150-$200 bucks for one record because they are so rare.

Wow, that's commitment!

Yep, I’ve got a few. I’d guess somewhere around 450. Super eclectic mix centralized around classic rock.

My favourites are:
Led Zeppelin - IV
Allman Brothers Band - Brothers and Sisters
ABBA - Arrival
Metallica - Creeping Death
Star Wars - Soundtrack
Boston - Boston
Cat Stevens - Greatest Hits

Wow, that's commitment!
It ran my life at the time ha I was playing music for a living when I was really collecting. So lots of time in a van.

I was housing them at a friends house while out on the road, she got robbed. Sad because they could have gotten a lot of money for them if they knew what they had... they probably sold them to a record store dirt cheap.

It ran my life at the time ha I was playing music for a living when I was really collecting. So lots of time in a van.

I was housing them at a friends house while out on the road, she got robbed. Sad because they could have gotten a lot of money for them if they knew what they had... they probably sold them to a record store dirt cheap.
Yep. No one ever said thieves were geniuses.

Back