tryed it, now it just freezes very often lol. Oh and I have this issue too http://theweeklyblend.com/wordpress/?p=816

Beleive it or not but Xbox replaced my nearly 4 year old xbox 360 after it got the RROD earlier this summer. I never bought any extended warranty or anything for it. Just called them up and after the rep finished troubleshooting, he came back and told me I was eligible for an exchange. They even sent me a month xbox live card for the time my console would be out to be serviced.
You might wanna give them a call.....can't hurt right?

BTW....... I'm a MW2 nut!

Beleive it or not but Xbox replaced my nearly 4 year old xbox 360 after it got the RROD earlier this summer. I never bought any extended warranty or anything for it. Just called them up and after the rep finished troubleshooting, he came back and told me I was eligible for an exchange. They even sent me a month xbox live card for the time my console would be out to be serviced.

No dice when I called, said I would have to pay the 100 bucks. Im going to try again tonight.

I have been playing Civ 5 the past few days and am loving it. Just...one...more...turn.

My 360 has rrod'ed, after playing 1 round of halo: reach.....im rather cranky at the moment...

I thought i had the RROD when I plugged in the 360 after I moved, But there was just a cable loose in the back. It could be something as simple as that. I beleive it was the right pattern for the RROD too. Not posotive though

I think it depends what error you get... I had my video card melt and they repaired it for free... Just depends on the error.

I think it depends what error you get... I had my video card melt and they repaired it for free... Just depends on the error.

I don't know.
I followed the UPS tracking # and they shipped out a replacement xbox 1 day after they received mine. I'm pretty sure they didn't repair mine.
I was told there was a class action lawsuit filed against microsoft a few years back where the courts forced them to set aside a certain amount of cash that were built with
faulty hardware. They pretty much agreed to repair/replace consoles from that time frame.

I don't know.
I followed the UPS tracking # and they shipped out a replacement xbox 1 day after they received mine. I'm pretty sure they didn't repair mine.
I was told there was a class action lawsuit filed against microsoft a few years back where the courts forced them to set aside a certain amount of cash that were built with
faulty hardware. They pretty much agreed to repair/replace consoles from that time frame.

That's kind of what I was saying though... They have obviously selected specific things that they will repair without cost, and I wouldn't be surprised if they retained a list of the product codes from xbox's that were built with specific parts that were deemed faulty.. I have to think yours fell on that list.

I said F it and went out and get the new Xbox slims...and threw a new tv in there too!

I said F it and went out and get the new Xbox slims...and threw a new tv in there too!

After reading post I decided to sell my "refurb" xbox.
Got $125 for it on craigslist. Busy with my rotations right now and since COD Black Ops isn't being released until November, I'll just get an Xbox Slim during black friday.

BTW is the wifi connection stable?

So far So good, oddly enough the WiFi was more stable than the wired connection.

Looking forward to getting that slim now. I was just gonna try to find the elite at a clearance price but since you're having good result w/ the wifi I'll give it a shot.

BTW is it just me or does the new Medal of Honor game actually look sick as hell?

The graphics look unreal!!

You know, those who love video games? :) If so, what consoles and what are you playing?

I have a Wii & Xbox 360. Playing Gears of War 2 on the 360 and just picked up TW 2010 on the Wii

i currently have a ps3 and 2 red ringed 360's that ive just fixed
im playing halo reach

What do you think of Reach, Russ?

I wish they had a dedicated playlist for team swat haha!
my cousin beat it the 2nd day he had it and he gave it to me... juries still out on it hahaha
what im waiting on is CoD black ops

my cousin beat it the 2nd day he had it and he gave it to me... juries still out on it hahaha
what im waiting on is CoD black ops

Me too man... I gave up on NHL and Modern Warfare 2... It'll be interesting to see whether Black Ops is enough to get my interest back into online gaming...

It may also help that it'll be winter here and golf is minimal!

if anyone ever wants to party up for something add me up, "the johnblah" is my tag

Another gamer checking in.

Currently, I've been spending time playing Starcraft II on the PC but I'm sure that'll slow down once Black Ops comes out.

I have a 360 and I can occasionally be spotted playing TGW, Modern Warfare 2, Rock Band 2, Backbreaker, and sometimes Forza 3.

Gamer Tag: Bubbleking

winter is brutal here and without a game system id go nuts
i like tw golf but i love hotshots golf... hahaha

when i'm not working on my golf game you can catch me playing Modern Warfare 2 and Madden 2010 on my PS3. "SwampDog35" is the screen name. Also have a Wii for my girls....Lots of games for it. Not sure of all of them.

I've got a WII and a PS2 COD on the PS2 and Ultimate Avengers

Just got the TW 2011 for WII, this game rocks! With the motionplus add on it's almost like you're on the course. This will keep me from Jonesing over the cold months

Just bought a PS3 w/ move- mostly because I wanted a blu-ray player and this seemed like a good medium. I messed around with move yesterday evening and am really impressed with the thing. Wii always seemed a little off to me but move feels much more natural.

I have never owned a Playstation console- What games should be on my watch list? Anyone here game PS3 online?
I got TW '11, NCAA '11, and Metal Gear Solid IV and also picked up "Dark Knight" and "Avatar" on bluray.

I felt the same way about the WII till I got the motion plus sensor, it really picks up every little finger twitch

I have never owned a Playstation console- What games should be on my watch list? Anyone here game PS3 online?
I got TW '11, NCAA '11, and Metal Gear Solid IV and also picked up "Dark Knight" and "Avatar" on bluray.

playstation used to be everyones fave console and its still the most solid one out there imo
but the xbox has lapped it even with all the problems it has because of 2 things
online gaming
sheer game selection
that being said... metal gear is the alpha... without it(and dragons lair) todays games wouldnt be what they are
tw11... great game
you gotta get madden!
and ive been a huge fan of the resident evil franchise

Back