Veteran Hat: Clever or Wrong?

Sorry but I don't care for it. I think too many vets would not like it and I don't want to offend our great vets.

I don't have a problem with it. I think it might be more appropriate with double squares across the center instead of fake ribbons. the way they show a double bogey on the score card.

It's not disrespectful nor is it particularly clever. I wouldn't wear one because it's tacky, not because it offends my delicate veteran sensibilities.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with it. I think it might be more appropriate with double squares across the center instead of fake ribbons. the way they show a double bogey on the score card.
See, I think that would take it to “clever” vs tacky.

If it had the word "Golf" somewhere on the title of the hat, would it be less offensive to some?

You can be a "veteran" of a lot of things, not just of wars. I get it that the emblem resembles a war veteran emblem, that's where I think that it went wrong. I find nothing wrong with it, but I also wouldn't wear it.

Nope......

I think it's borderline funny (ish) but in it's current form I wouldn't wear it. It's not offensive to me but I think there are better ways to advertise my poor golf game.

I think it's borderline funny (ish) but in it's current form I wouldn't wear it. It's not offensive to me but I think there are better ways to advertise my poor golf game.
I use my score cards for that. :(

Not a fan. It doesn’t offend me but I find it to be a little distasteful to the older generation who wear those hats with pride. No thanks.

First of all, I would never wear the hat because I would not want to advertise that I sick, even in an attempted humorous way. Second, I don't like that it rips off the military / real vets. Hard pass for me,

No way. Remove the veteran and ribbons then it would be just a hat.

Vet here,I think it's hilarious. Boy this world is offended by every little thing

Veteran here, doesn't bother me

Disabled Vet here. I get the humor of the hat. It doesn’t really bother me as I see the wearer just trying to be funny. That being said... it’s not that funny, kinda dumb.

Now if the wearer was trying to pretend they were a real vet... we’d have some words :mad:

Retired army. I'd never wear it, but I wouldn't care if anyone else did. It's a little clever and a little more tacky, but not offensive.

Back