Vessel Custom Bag Review

golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
Why a custom bag?
--I wanted a custom bag to show off the work I do for a non-profit and the only way to get what I wanted was to go completely custom. Vessel had the most options of anyone I could find and be reasonable enough in price to get what I wanted.

Bag Styles
Vessel offers bags in several different styles- stand, cart, and staffers including a mini staffer.

Cost
The bags range from $350-$650 depending on what style you choose.

Some may see the cost as high but if you look at buying a bag from a company then having it embroidered in several places you can quickly rack up a lot of money in extra stitches. Also most bags are limited on where you can embroider them. The most common I found was two locations ball pocket and large side compartment. The other downside to a bag that is designed to be embroidered is that you are limited on color for the bag all black or white or you end up with the bag companies name on it as well as your own logo.

Stand Bag

I chose a stand bag for a few reasons-

• ease of travel
  • ease of getting in a vehicle and takes up very little space
  • don’t have to worry about is falling at the range
  • will fit on my walking cart as well as a riding cart well
  • economics played a role the stand bag fit into my budget quite well versus the more expensive options.

Color Design/Layout

Once you pick the type of bag you want it’s time to pick colors and fabric combinations. You must pick a primary color, secondary, accent color as well as zipper color(black,white) and those combinations lead to endless possibilities.

You have two basic fabrics nylon and synthetic leather(different finishes available) and colors pretty much run the full color spectrum.

One thing to keep in mind when picking you colors is what color you would like your embroidery done in. Ideally you will want your color for embroidery to stand out against your primary color and quite possibly match your secondary or accent color.

Customization

Now comes the important part picking what logos/words and designs you want and where they go. You get to place the logos where you want them and in the orientation you want them in.

This was pretty easy for me as the non-profit I am with has a few logos and those are what I wanted on the bag and new that going in to my design. Some of the logos simply worked out great for certain compartments on the bag.

If your in need of assistance with this I am sure that Vessel will help you with turning your ideas into reality.

Compartments

Places to put things is not in short supply on the carry bag with 7 pockets including a water bottle pocket, you will find plenty of room to put the essentials plus in this bag.

Carry Straps

The carry straps offer tons of padding the most I have seen on a carry bag and this makes the bag feel light on the shoulders. There is plenty of adjustability in the straps to get the bag to ride where it is comfortable for you.

Function-ability

Most everyone who has used a stand bag knows that it they are not all created equal when not used as a carry bag.

Something that I feel is important in a stand bag is how well they work on a walking cart or riding cart. The Vessel bag work well on my clicgear and doesn’t shift around like my Ogio Wisp. When riding the bag stayed where I strapped it and all pockets were quite accessible.

Craftsmanship

The quality of the bag is top notch and the embroidery is some of the best I have ever seen on a bag. The material used is also of fantastic quality and I expect to have the bag around for many years to come.

The attention to detail is top notch and what one would expect out of a company who makes tour bags.

Customer Service

Before I ordered my bag I had lots of questions about the bags and the process and the crew at Vessel were timely.

Once my order was placed it lacked IMO as I had to contact them when I hadn’t heard from them and my bag should have arrived already based on the time line I was given when I ordered my bag. It did show up in time for our golf scramble so I was please with that but it was cutting it really close.

Overall

I am extremely happy with my bag and it will make it out to a few THP events for all to see and will be at most events that are held to raise funds for Help Extinguish Hunter Syndrome.

4d4bc746-54c3-480c-822c-9065232d261c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0531.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0534.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

b30a9c74-84c7-4a43-911a-e724a5ca2417.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0527.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0526.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow very cool. Thanks for the write up. That bag turned out sweet! And you suck cause now I have to go look.

Wow very cool. Thanks for the write up. That bag turned out sweet! And you suck cause now I have to go look.

Thank You it came out awesomely and I have gotten lots of compliments on it when it has been put in use.

Have fun on their site you can go nuts with designs.

Two things are awesome in that post. Your bag; and your involvement in that non-profit. Well done on both buddy.

I love the way this turned out.

It is awesome getting to design your bag, It truly is a personal piece.

That's pretty cool like the colors

Two things are awesome in that post. Your bag; and your involvement in that non-profit. Well done on both buddy.

I was just going to write the same thing but Pete beat me to it. Great looking bag but more impressive is the work and support you do for that cause. Props my friend.

Very nice, really like the added Courage and Strength on the carry straps--well done on the write up and on your cause!

All kinds of winning in that first post. Well done Jason across the board.

Awesome writeup, and that is some nice craftsmanship.

Great write up and that bag turned out phenomenal dude. They did an awesome job on it!

Man that turned out sweet! Really looks well made, and the colors are really nice. Great writeup and a great looking bag.

Cool bag but I wouldn't drop 6 bills on it but hey it's your money.

Cool bag but I wouldn't drop 6 bills on it but hey it's your money.

The stand bag is $350 and it was done to bring exposure to a rare Genetic Disorder that takes the life of the boys it effects before most reach the age of 18.

The disorder robs them and their families of time that should be spent enjoying life. Instead they spend 5hrs a week getting an enzyme infusion alone not counting occupational, physical and speech therapy.

So IMO $350 to get people to talk about a disorder that effects 500 kids in the US at any given time and receives zero federal funding for research is worth every penny.

The stand bag is $350 and it was done to bring exposure to a rare Genetic Disorder that takes the life of the boys it effects before most reach the age of 18.

The disorder robs them and their families of time that should be spent enjoying life. Instead they spend 5hrs a week getting an enzyme infusion alone not counting occupational, physical and speech therapy.

So IMO $350 to get people to talk about a disorder that effects 500 kids in the US at any given time and receives zero federal funding for research is worth every penny.

Quoted for awesomeness!

NOT awesome that Hunters Syndrome affects kids, AWESOME that someone cares enough to spread the word, to help gather funding for care, research, etc!

Well Done Friend!

Pretty cool bag Jason. Honestly I had never heard of the Disorder you work with until you talked about this bag and the non-profit you work with. I have to say what you do is very awesome and you are paying it forward in a big way. Good on you friend.

Quoted for awesomeness!

NOT awesome that Hunters Syndrome affects kids, AWESOME that someone cares enough to spread the word, to help gather funding for care, research, etc!

Well Done Friend!

Thanks CJ

I spread word and care because one of these boys is family, not by blood but because me and his father are part of the Brotherhood of Firefighters.

Aiden is like my kid and I will fight for him and his family and every other MPSII family till a cure is found. Every child and family I have had the pleasure to meet holds a special place in my heart as they are truly special remarkable people.

Nice writeup dude. The bag turned out really nice.

Nice review, this looks amazing!

Love the words on the shoulder straps also. Very well done.

That was worth the wait. That thing is beautiful.

That turned out awesome man! The logos really pop on there. What's that in the first pic, a headcover?

And kudos again for all you do dude.

Yes DRP there is a head over stuffed in there. It came out just as fantastic as the rest of it did.

Great write up and gorgeous bag. Well done Jason!!

Will you have this bag with you in Ocean City??

Really nice bag. I like that you can stitch on the straps. color scheme is cool like the TCU horned frogs

The bag turned out awesome and for an awesome cause!

Back