Very Superstitous

julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
I just saw a clip where Nick Faldo said he has won 11 Ryder cups, won the Masters twice on the 11th, and has 11 career hole-in-ones. (So he marks his ball with an 11.) Seems pretty darn spooky and lucky to me!

Have and good golf superstitions?

yup. a new tee at every hole. if i see one from the group before me that looks new, i still won't touch it.

I always mark my ball with the number 36 (theres a looooong story of why the number 36 has been signigigant in my life, but I wont bore you all with that), but other than that I dont have any golf superstitions.

I always mark my ball with the number 36 (theres a looooong story of why the number 36 has been signigigant in my life, but I wont bore you all with that), but other than that I dont have any golf superstitions.

Do bore us! That's the fun of the thread! :smile:

i clean my clubs thoroughly after each round, but thats more care than superstition. i guess in tournaments i play a number 4 ball on saturday then a number 1 ball on sunday. my approach shot on the first hole usually determines how i will play.

Do bore us! That's the fun of the thread! :smile:
You're gonna think Im weird, but here goes.
Ok, you guys know Im into Japanese stuff, right? Well check this out:
At work, my technician number is 36.
My favorite snowmobiler racer is a guy who rides for Yamaha, named Yuji Nakazawa, whose racer number is 36.
My name on here, Bakemono, means monster or ghost in Japanese and in Japanese mythology there are 36 categories of Bakemono.
In recent years, there has been a team in NASCAR that races Toyota Camrys and their number is 36.

I don't have any superstitions myself, but I did hear Faldo mumble that he always trimmed his fingernails on Mondays so they would grow evenly for consistent feel.

None at all. All of my thoughts actions, beliefs are derived from stats, data, patterns, logic and scientific evidence and/or proof. One of the reasons I'm such a good investigator and an Atheist.

I am not superstitious at all, knock on wood.

I used to have a superstition, Watch always had to be in my left pocket.

Now that I don't wear a watch, It's usually a loonie that HAS to be in my left pocket.

Its not really just for golf, but I always put my right shoe on first, socks right first also.I always put two tees and a ball marker in my right pocket and a divot tool in my left. I have too many to list here, im a weirdo.

Its not really just for golf, but I always put my right shoe on first, socks right first also.I always put two tees and a ball marker in my right pocket and a divot tool in my left. I have too many to list here, im a weirdo.

Sounds a lot like myself.

You boys right handed? Oddly, I always put on my left shoe and sock first. And put in my left contact first.

I'm right handed...funny how those patterns develop.

You boys right handed? Oddly, I always put on my left shoe and sock first. And put in my left contact first.

I'm right handed...funny how those patterns develop.

Yep, right handed & I always put on my right sock 1st.

It works if you just click the black box twice, Smalls. :smile:

Oh Rob Reiner...very good Smalls, thanks! I do put on both socks first. :wink: His last point was the best one, you know. What if you have a tear, or realize you matched them wrong or something...

And I wonder if my difference from the guys is due to ladies buttons being on the left. I'm used to doing my left side first in everything.

And I wonder if my difference from the guys is due to ladies buttons being on the left. I'm used to doing my left side first in everything.

For some reason in Europe, mens coats have the zipper on the wrong side, same as womens coats here. I didn't check to see if shirts were the same way.

For some reason in Europe, mens coats have the zipper on the wrong side, same as womens coats here. I didn't check to see if shirts were the same way.

I don't think so...Josh has a bunch of dress shirts and suit jackets from work in London, all of them are on the right side it looks like.

Im right handed too.

I don't think so...Josh has a bunch of dress shirts and suit jackets from work in London, all of them are on the right side it looks like.

I have 2 men's coats from our parent company in Italy & both have the zippers on the wrong side. England may be different as they are the only country in the EU which still drives opposite of us.

Hmm, where else can I take this topic?:comp:

On the green I use a dime as a ball marker. Heads always has to be showing. I don't know why.

I will only use busted tees I find on the tee box on Par 3's. If I can't find one and have to use one of my own, oftentimes I will break it first.

If I think about it, on the first tee I will pick up 4 busted tees, just in case there aren't any on the Par 3's.

I am not anal at all.

I always use a Purple tee on the first hole and only the first hole.

Back