Vegas cours suggestions

alaskaguy2021

Reaction score
Handicap
looking to get some course suggestions in Vegas. will be there early september and will have one day to golf. I have already played at the Arroyo and Siena clubs, so would like to try somewhere else. Main thing is i want to stay within 15min of the strip, i wont have time to make a hour long drive to places like Paiute.

Thanks!

yea i was looking at that, not super stoked on the price, but not out of the question. Heard Desert Pines can be hit/ miss on quality of the greens and fairways. Another one i am looking at Shadow Creek

It's been close to 20 years but my dad and I played at Rhodes Ranch and at Angel Park. Not sure if they are within 15 minutes but probably 20-30. Prices weren't bad and we like both of the courses. I think Angel Park actually has two 18's but we only played one. We both remember it because there were bunnies everywhere.

Closer to the strip is Bali Hi and Las Vegas National and Desert Pines.
Closer to Siena is Rhodes Ranch, Angel Park, Palm Valley, Highland Falls

It's been close to 20 years but my dad and I played at Rhodes Ranch and at Angel Park. Not sure if they are within 15 minutes but probably 20-30. Prices weren't bad and we like both of the courses. I think Angel Park actually has two 18's but we only played one. We both remember it because there were bunnies everywhere.

forgot, I played Rhodes Ranch too...that was a really nice course! I wouldnt mind going back there at all, i just like trying new places on trips if i only have one day to golf. Rhodes Ranch, Siena, or Bali Hai will probably be my course unless someone has some input on quality of Shadow creek or Desert Pines.

I played Desert Pines about 7 months ago. The condition was ok, not as good as the other courses I listed. Also I heard Desert Pines is closing to make room for affordable housing. Not sure when it supposed to close

also, there is Bears Best...but honestly havnt seen alot of review that would lead me to pick that course over the other three mentioned.

Angel park is good.

I think you can't go wrong with Rhodes Ranch, Angel Park, Palm Valley or Highland Falls.

I enjoyed Bali Hai - not sure I'd pay full boat again, but I did enjoy it.

Bears Best is fun.
TPC LV is great

I like Stallion Mountain Country Club, course hosted season two of Big Break.

I think you can't go wrong with Rhodes Ranch, Angel Park, Palm Valley or Highland Falls.
Looking at your username, are you from Vegas? if so, which would you recommend if you only had one day to play. Money isnt a huge concern, but i also dont want an insanly challenging course, would like to enjoy my day and not be cursing at a little ball all day lol

Bali Hai
TPC LV
Bears Best
Las Vegas National

Yes, I live in Vegas about 6 min from TPC LV. For me toss-up between TPC LV and Bears best. Tee times might be hard to get at TPC LV as TPC Summerlin (Private)is closed (getting new greens). I heard their members are playing TPC LV until renovations are complete.

Yes, I live in Vegas about 6 min from TPC LV. For me toss-up between TPC LV and Bears best. Tee times might be hard to get at TPC LV as TPC Summerlin (Private)is closed (getting new greens). I heard their members are playing TPC LV until renovations are complete.
sounds like I will hit up Bears Best! Your local input is greatly appreciated!

Following this one as I’ll be in Vegas in early October for 4 or 5 days of golf.

Following this one as I’ll be in Vegas in early October for 4 or 5 days of golf.
i am wanting to try something new this trip...but i will say Rhodes Ranch and Siena were absolutly amazing courses when i was there last winter. Highly recommend one of those be on your playing list.

Another vote for Angel Park. Played it last September. It wasn't amazing. But, very good. I enjoyed the afternoon rates with Maverick/Epic Club rentals and Velocity logo'd balls. It was easy to book the time on line.

TPC Vegas is a must play for me.

I have played Bali Hai on the strip and enjoyed it. Following the thread because I will be in Vegas October 6-8 and want to play on the 7th. I will have a car and can drive away from strip, but always like to hear local suggestions

I have played Bali Hai on the strip and enjoyed it. Following the thread because I will be in Vegas October 6-8 and want to play on the 7th. I will have a car and can drive away from strip, but always like to hear local suggestions
Paiute. Play sun/snow in the morning and then replay rate The wolf in the afternoon get free lunch in the deal.

Sister lives in Vegas very close to Bali Hai so that's where I played last time.
Looking forward to trying some the other suggestions but honestly really enjoyed Bali Hai. Good location/view of the strip, good conditions, open fairways, challenging greens.

Paiute. Play sun/snow in the morning and then replay rate The wolf in the afternoon get free lunch in the deal.
I last played there for my bachelor party in September ‘98. I need to go back for sure

Back