Vacationing in Florida 7/14 - 7/21

rsawyers

Reaction score
I will be vacationing with the family in Venice Florida from 7/14 to 7/21. I have the all clear to hit some courses while we are down there. Are there and THP'ers in that area or anyone who wants to make a drive and meet half way? I have done a little research on courses but according to the pictures they all look good. Any ideas on some nice courses? This will be my first time in Florida I am excited!

I am just north of Venice in Sarasota. Quite a few THPers in the surrounding area, I am sure we could get something together!

Awesome! Now I am even more excited!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GG and I are down in that area and there are tons of great courses, including quite a few that War Eagle has reviewed that are amazing.
Unfortunately, I do not think we will be in town for much of that time as it is during the Branson Invitational. Lots of fun to be had however.

GG and I are down in that area and there are tons of great courses, including quite a few that War Eagle has reviewed that are amazing.
Unfortunately, I do not think we will be in town for much of that time as it is during the Branson Invitational. Lots of fun to be had however.

Well that's a bummer to be so close to your area and not get to golf with you two. I hope I can get together with War Eagle and some others in the area and hit some nice courses! You sure you can't swing one day into your schedule?

Its not really about swinging a day, as I always will make time, we just may not be in town. I will know more as we get closer.

Its not really about swinging a day, as I always will make time, we just may not be in town. I will know more as we get closer.

I understand but I hope it works out

Well that's a bummer to be so close to your area and not get to golf with you two. I hope I can get together with War Eagle and some others in the area and hit some nice courses! You sure you can't swing one day into your schedule?

We will get something organized with some of the Florida guys. Sarasota National is down in Venice, and could be a good venue.

We will get something organized with some of the Florida guys. Sarasota National is down in Venice, and could be a good venue.

OK I am not sure if we will be in Venice or Sarasota. The first place we had booked apparently is not vacant. We will definitely be in that area at that time just have to find a resort to stay at.

Vacationing in Venice in July? You must have some great family (lol)

Be aware it will be HOT but the golf will be cheap.

I'll keep an eye on this and see how it suits my schedule.

We figured it will be hot but the area looks great and my parents love to look for sharks teeth and apparently that is the best area to get teeth. I am just happy its in a good area to golf.

OK we are staying at Crescent Arms resort on Siesta Key. We check in on Saturday the 13th of July and check out on Saturday the 20th. I have been looking at some courses around there and it looks like there are a lot of private clubs.

check these out.
University Park
Waterlefe
Legacy
Riverstrand
Sarasota National

Slightly lesser but still great
IMG Golf Academy
Rosedale

There are so many courses in the general area, you will not have to worry much about finding great golf.

check these out.
University Park
Waterlefe
Legacy
Riverstrand
Sarasota National

Slightly lesser but still great
IMG Golf Academy
Rosedale

There are so many courses in the general area, you will not have to worry much about finding great golf.

Awesome thanks JB

OK just a reminder! It is getting closer to my vacation in Sarasota! We are staying on the Siesta Key at Crescent Arms. We check in on the 14th of July and out on the 21st. I am planning on 3 rounds while I am down there. I would love to have some fellow THPers join me and have a blast!

OK just a reminder! It is getting closer to my vacation in Sarasota! We are staying on the Siesta Key at Crescent Arms. We check in on the 14th of July and out on the 21st. I am planning on 3 rounds while I am down there. I would love to have some fellow THPers join me and have a blast!

Normally I would be trying to get a round in with you, but I'll be out of town for that time period. I hope you have a great time down here. I love Siesta Key.

Bummer Wake. I am sure I will have a good time! It is my first trip to Florida.

Glad you bumped this up.

You will be about 5 minutes away from me, I live off Siesta Drive before the Key.

I think we should be able to get a group together for some golf.

Sounds great War! I cant wait! Since this is our first trip down maybe you can give us a few good places and things to do. I know we are going to hit Bush Gardens Tampa one of the days we are down there.

Sounds great War! I cant wait! Since this is our first trip down maybe you can give us a few good places and things to do. I know we are going to hit Bush Gardens Tampa one of the days we are down there.
Absolutely, will be happy to give some recommendations.

War will recommend great courses.
I played sarasota national while I was there in the spring. Cool course.
I also played oak ford while was a little dry while I was there, had great potential.

Have fun.

Short hitter with a big heart, that would take being a big hitter with no heart.
The world loves BIG hitters!

War will recommend great courses.
I played sarasota national while I was there in the spring. Cool course.
I also played oak ford while was a little dry while I was there, had great potential.

Have fun.

Short hitter with a big heart, that would take being a big hitter with no heart.
Unfortunately, Oak Ford has since closed. Tried their best to come back from being closed for the better part of last year, but the renovations didnt stick. A new company is buying Oak Ford and renovating big time through the end of the year, hoping to open back up in January/February.

Unfortunately, Oak Ford has since closed. Tried their best to come back from being closed for the better part of last year, but the renovations didnt stick. A new company is buying Oak Ford and renovating big time through the end of the year, hoping to open back up in January/February.

That's too bad that they couldn't make it work.
Hopefully, the new management gets it turned around.

That's too bad that they couldn't make it work.
Hopefully, the new management gets it turned around.

One of my favorite layouts for a course down here.

One of my favorite layouts for a course down here.

That's a place with 27 holes too right?
If I remember correctly, I played the myrtle, and the palms. I can't remember the other 9's name, pines maybe?
Unless I am mistaken.

Back