UST Mamiya Goes Off Course

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show and this is episode 197. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, Danny Le from UST Mamiya joins the show to discuss the success of LINQ shafts and challenging the stiffness and swing speed logic.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Danny dive into all things UST Mamiya LINQ and how flex and swing speed logic needs to be challenged. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Danny Le goes Off Course.

Untitled-12-1024x692.jpg

Episode 197 is here and Dan and Danny discuss the following topics.

The Success of LINQStaying Power of ShaftsChallenging Stiffness...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect for my flight this morning

This will be the first thing I listen when I can! Have been waiting to hear Danny explain stuff. I think @Canadan has been on a roll with guests for a while now!

Can’t wait to listen to this. Right now there’s two UST shafts atop my ponder list with a third as a possible and they’re all on the agenda haha

Can’t wait to listen to Danny and hear what he has to say.

Throwing this on in the car during my morning commute

Always interested in learning as much as possible about golf shafts. I will give this a listen later today.

Very cool, always interested in hearing @DannyLe talk golf shafts. Will listen on the way home today.

We know there is an audio issue with this one and working to resolve it. It cuts off early and there is no reason that should be happening

We know there is an audio issue with this one and working to resolve it. It cuts off early and there is no reason that should be happening
Soundcloud should be fixed now.

Listening now...I have a feeling this will be a great one!

Yep, this is one I'm definitely listening to.

I'm so fascinated with shaft tech and the properties of them and how they do what they do. Learning more about golf shafts is always a top priority for me. This podcast should be fun.

Love getting into shaft tech talk!

Ooo, excited. Linq has been so good for me.

IMG_7394.jpeg
I’m in… Looking for to it.

Love the talk on putter shafts. Golfers spend the money on a putter, but play whatever steel shaft comes in it. Such a fantastic deep dive then, and as to how a 1/4", or 1/8" miss causes you to miss the hole. And then how the feel aspect comes into putters. Will need to listen again to catch all the little bits of information.

Always interesting to listen to @DannyLe UST Mamiya has some really good shafts. I would love to attend a Shaft up and no I got fit by the best. Fittings around me are really hit and miss and every fitter seems to have their own ideas on what shafts are best so they tend to stick to a brand or two.

Also have heard different opinions on the roles of shafts in how a shot turns out, like how much difference in launch and spin one shaft produces from the next (like in the Linq if you switch from the red (the mid-high launch mid spin shaft) to the white (the low-mid launch/spin) how much difference in launch and spin can you expect to see?

Just fired this up... and excited to hear that they might be releasing the shaft @JB has been using. I am very intrigued by that shaft

👀 👀 👀 👀

Let me rush the kids off to school so I can dive into this one @jayronmillz10

Just got this going!!! 🔥

I was worried I was the only one. Right as Danny was getting into something interesting. Lol

I was worried I was the only one. Right as Danny was getting into something interesting. Lol
It is fixed on Soundcloud right now which can be played in the first post

I've got a sick kid at home so I didn't get to this in the morning. I'll be listening a bit later today. Sounds like it is going to be great stuff as usual.

Back