Updated PGA Tour Trackman Averages Data - Thoughts?

I have a strong hunch that they are not chasing that peak height, it's merely a byproduct of doing everything right with the swing.
Ya I agree, I was thinking more with equipment than swing

Just makes me shake my head that the Tour Average for Driver is a -.09* Launch angle 10.4* Launch Angle.
So here we are trying to hit up on the ball and get 12-14* Launch Angle on our driver and the Tour is the complete opposite

They "Are" playing a different game.

I think the height trips some people out still. I was watching a video with a couple guys the other day and Vosh said to one of their tour players 'good height on that too... 92 feet." And the guys were like wtf? Always examples against the norms, but even though we're in the monitor era and people know numbers more, I don't think people realize how low most Tour guys live.
Ironically, if you put an amateur next to a pro on the range their minds get broken at how high they hit the ball. It always cracks me up.

Honestly thought the woods carry numbers would be higher. Basically 250 fly with a 3w? I thought they’d be 260-265

That average smash factor....yeesh.

However, maybe my spin and attack angle aren't as bad as I thought? Obviously I'm gonna be shorter than them, but hmmm...

i'm surprised the driver attack is still negative. other than that, everything makes sense.

I’d say I’m about a club below on average with my new irons.

i'm surprised the driver attack is still negative. other than that, everything makes sense.
I believe it's somewhat intentional to add some spin and increase accuracy.

At least that's what I have been told.

I believe it's somewhat intentional to add some spin and increase accuracy.

At least that's what I have been told.
for sure. but with such a premium on distance these days, i'm just surprised they're not opting to bomb it with a more positive aoa. like you said in another post, it's just an average. so you have the 190+ ball speed guys who are likely hitting down for the accuracy, averaged with the 160 ball speed guys who have to hit up to increase launch and lower spin to try to keep up.

Just makes me shake my head that the Tour Average for Driver is a -.09* Launch angle 10.4* Launch Angle.
So here we are trying to hit up on the ball and get 12-14* Launch Angle on our driver and the Tour is the complete opposite

They "Are" playing a different game.
And they're getting it 105' in the air at that LA. That would look really high next to almost anyone I ever play with.

for sure. but with such a premium on distance these days, i'm just surprised they're not opting to bomb it with a more positive aoa. like you said in another post, it's just an average. so you have the 190+ ball speed guys who are likely hitting down for the accuracy, averaged with the 160 ball speed guys who have to hit up to increase launch and lower spin to try to keep up.
I would guess they just hit the shot the tee box calls for most of the time. This is an average, doesn't mean they're not chasing that positive AOA when the hole presents the opportunity and vice versa hitting down on it a bit when they need a little draw or fade.

I think the height trips some people out still. I was watching a video with a couple guys the other day and Vosh said to one of their tour players 'good height on that too... 92 feet." And the guys were like wtf? Always examples against the norms, but even though we're in the monitor era and people know numbers more, I don't think people realize how low most Tour guys live.
I bet I can show those tour guys a thing or two about hitting it low. #LimboDriverChallenge

Back