ttucliffhanger’s journey to Scratch

No range time tonight. Had a command outing but I’ll be there grinding tomorrow night.

Had a great range sesh after work for the Navy today. Hitting the ball well. And driver was loooonnngggg. Excited for Bally in a few weeks. I think the swing is in a good place!

Last edited:
Had a rough week last week with diet and no playing/range time due to everything that happened with my grandmother. Barely got my workouts in. Busy this week and next but should get all my workouts in and hoping for a range session after I get back from Dollywood. One more week after this before Ballyhack. Talking with my coach on morning workouts on days that I'm playing (pre-event rounds and event rounds) and he asked that I not workout and just walk and stretch. His words were, "No reason to wreck the body before your round." Back on track this week with eating as well.

What a day! Hit some milestones today. Not the heaviest I’ve lifted but most reps!
8 x 315 lbs deadlift
10 x 255 lbs deadlift for 2 sets
10 x 195 lbs RDL for 2 sets
Then got a text from the you d lady I am coaching and she placed 3rd in all county and is going to regionals! So proud of her!

Wont get to a course till next Friday morning after my 6 month bloodwork to see if I can continue to stay off my cholesterol meds, but spoke with coach and we are going to a slow cut now. My new macros/day are as follows:

Calories: 2200
Protein: 171g
Carbs: 237g
Fat 64g

Did not go to the gym last week with being at the Bag Boy Championship and took rest of week off after I got back, and also stepped away from diet for the week, but this week it's back to business. First workout of the week tonight followed by a speed workout.

#hotdadsummer :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back to the gym and it feels sooo good! Full set of 8 deadlifts at 335, 2 sets of 10 at 275 and 2 sets of 10 at 225 RDLs. Let’s go baby!!!

Got to play today after all. Switched back to the 2-Ball Ten w/ the ALL-IN (have one coming for my 8-T) and hit the ball pretty descent today. 2 birdies with almost a 3rd off a chip. Now that I think of it this is the best I’ve shot on the course. It’s not a hard course at all but man it was different from Ballyhack. I just hit the ball well today. I was pounding driver and making everything with the putter inside 10’.
IMG_0033.jpeg

Got to play today after all. Switched back to the 2-Ball Ten w/ the ALL-IN (have one coming for my 8-T) and hit the ball pretty descent today. 2 birdies with almost a 3rd off a chip. Now that I think of it this is the best I’ve shot on the course. It’s not a hard course at all but man it was different from Ballyhack. I just hit the ball well today. I was pounding driver and making everything with the putter inside 10’.
View attachment 9267509
26 putts is lethal!

26 putts is lethal!
I forgot how good the 2-ball Ten with the microhinge star insert is. I only missed 1 putt inside 10’. I have an ALL-IN on the way to put in my 8-T but if it can’t beat the Ten, the Ten will be in the bag for a bit.

After yesterday’s round, HC dropped to an all time low of 4.1!

After yesterday’s round, HC dropped to an all time low of 4.1!
Congrats on all the achievements! Just read this thread. What an awesome journey! Love your dedication to diet, swing, family, and God. Question for you @ttucliffhanger , what are you doing for the mental side of the game? I’m finding my biggest struggles are between the ears. 😂. Keep up the good work. 💪

Congrats on all the achievements! Just read this thread. What an awesome journey! Love your dedication to diet, swing, family, and God. Question for you @ttucliffhanger , what are you doing for the mental side of the game? I’m finding my biggest struggles are between the ears. 😂. Keep up the good work. 💪
Thank you! Coach has really worked on this with me and I battle it from time to time but something I’ve learned is bad shots WILL happen and when they do, just take the medicine and move on. Dont try shots you don’t typically take. It usually doesn’t work out well. Lastly, this whole program of his has taught me to continue to push forward and the past is the past. Like I said still gets me from time to time but it’s something I’ve worked my way up to.

Back