ttucliffhanger’s journey to Scratch

i love this! based on our round together i think it’s totally possible. you have a good short game. and you putt well. i think with a few more fairways you’ll be right there.
I tried to set a hearty but reasonable goal. I’m confident with some instruction which I will get from my coach (not only fitness) I can get there. I’ll be back down there in March btw. We need to get a round in if we can.

I'm pullin for ya as I am right there with you. I'm at 9.5 right now and my goal is the same to get down to a 5 by the end of next season. Have a fitting tomorrow and will be replacing my irons and driver over the next few weeks. I am 100% certain my clubs are much of what is holding me back the most with poor putting being second. Will be watching your progress. Good luck.

I'm pullin for ya as I am right there with you. I'm at 9.5 right now and my goal is the same to get down to a 5 by the end of next season. Have a fitting tomorrow and will be replacing my irons and driver over the next few weeks. I am 100% certain my clubs are much of what is holding me back the most with poor putting being second. Will be watching your progress. Good luck.
Good luck to you as well and thanks!

You can totally do this. I mean it might take some sacrifice. A priority shift maybe. *cough* golf>Jeep, but I have faith in ya. ;)

I tried to set a hearty but reasonable goal. I’m confident with some instruction which I will get from my coach (not only fitness) I can get there. I’ll be back down there in March btw. We need to get a round in if we can.

i'm sorry if i'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but imho you would see a massive step forward to your goal by focusing first on your tee game. i think with a more neutral delivery, you could knock down a ton of spin, straighten out your flight, and see a substantial uptick in distance. i think that change would carry over to your irons as well.

You can totally do this. I mean it might take some sacrifice. A priority shift maybe. *cough* golf>Jeep, but I have faith in ya. ;)
I mean I only have 1 other big thing to do to it and it’s getting done in the next month or 2 and I’ll be good for a bit.

i'm sorry if i'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but imho you would see a massive step forward to your goal by focusing first on your tee game. i think with a more neutral delivery, you could knock down a ton of spin, straighten out your flight, and see a substantial uptick in distance. i think that change would carry over to your irons as well.
Not sticking it where it doesn’t belong. Love feedback and I know that’s the weakest part of my game. I also told the coach that last night as well. I’ve even made some small changes since playing with you last and I’m really close to a solid tee game, but just need some outside help to get me the final leg.

Good luck

Hope your hard work and discipline pay off.
I got to a high 6/ low 7 for a couple of years about 10 years ago. Never broke the 5 plateau.
Had back and elbow injuries, then achilles surgery.
Been in the 8-10 zone ever since.
Keep at it, you can get there!

I think it is about two things for you. The first is tightening up your misses. I would say try figure out your miss and take that out of play. The second is short game. Track where you miss greens and how often you get up and down. If you can get up and down more often it will help shave those final strokes.

If you got to a 6.1 you can definitely get to 5 or better. When my handicap was dropping I didn't hit the ball farther just my misses were better and my short game was better.

I think it is about two things for you. The first is tightening up your misses. I would say try figure out your miss and take that out of play. The second is short game. Track where you miss greens and how often you get up and down. If you can get up and down more often it will help shave those final strokes.

If you got to a 6.1 you can definitely get to 5 or better. When my handicap was dropping I didn't hit the ball farther just my misses were better and my short game was better.
Great advice! Thank you.

Good luck my man, I’m pulling for you and will be following along 👊.

First technical tip of the week from my coach, which I was able to do at home was a great one. Didn’t even realize I was doing it. That being said, first workout will happen this evening.

What part of your game do you think you need to improve the most? Putting, short game, approach, driving?

What part of your game do you think you need to improve the most? Putting, short game, approach, driving?
Driving, fwy woods, then irons and lastly short game and putting if I had to rank them.

Just completed my first workout of the week on the new program. I absolutely loved it but I’m probably not going to be able to walk tomorrow lol. I did add 30 mins on the treadmill at a 6 incline with a 3 pace. I started tracking my caloric intake today again and it already has me more aware of what I’m ingesting and I found myself going to something healthier from the fridge/cabinets.

todays workout focused on some mobility stretches of the hip flexors and shoulder rotation and then on to lower body, finishing with a speed strength exercise.

You got this.

Go get it! Thanks for bringing us along!

You've got this mate, small improvements across all areas makes a huge difference, good luck!

Good luck with the journey

As you have already been down to a 6, you know that the lower you get, the harder it gets to keep that figure dropping, but having been that low as well, you know what it takes to get there

You already know, but it isn't about how good your good shots are, it is about how bad your bad shots are that will make the difference, so any little improvement across the board will help overall

Thanks all!

Just completed my first workout of the week on the new program. I absolutely loved it but I’m probably not going to be able to walk tomorrow lol. I did add 30 mins on the treadmill at a 6 incline with a 3 pace. I started tracking my caloric intake today again and it already has me more aware of what I’m ingesting and I found myself going to something healthier from the fridge/cabinets.

todays workout focused on some mobility stretches of the hip flexors and shoulder rotation and then on to lower body, finishing with a speed strength exercise.

Nice work @ttucliffhanger the mobility has been a game changer for me! it is easy todo and it does not take long to see solid results!

Wish I didn’t
Nice work @ttucliffhanger the mobility has been a game changer for me! it is easy todo and it does not take long to see solid results!
Thanks! My legs are definitely feeling it today, lol. But I love this feeling. Tells me what I did was good!

Day 2#2 workout complete. So far have enjoyed both workouts and can tell how they are centered around the swing. Have kept my caloric intake around 1200 calories the last 2 days too. Trying to keep them down as much as possible since my job requires me to sit most of the day. The crazy part about it is now that I have started tracking my food I haven’t tried that hard to keep my caloric intake down but it’s just happening. I’m also down 2 lbs since Thursday.

Back